Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

3 Players who we feel will be starters...(Read Article)

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Found this article online and thought that it would be interesting to see if it is accurate or not.

IMO
Stroud- I really like his upside. He has a great football IQ and can make every throw. The bad side is the fact that in camp, he hasn't looked amazing. I would honestly not be shocked if he is 2nd string starting the season. Allowing him to improve and learn from watching the first couple of games. In all honesty, it might actually be the plan for Mills or even Case to play the first 2 to 4 games. Just to allow Stroud to be more successful by watching film and getting some more progress in the system before he starts.

Woods- He is a vet, but we have some WRs we didn't know what to expect from them. And as it turns out a few "keepers" are really impressive in camp. Woods may end up being a 2nd string player to start the season. With Metchie, Hutchinson and Nico starting. Will Woods become a starter? If the rookies and younger players keep playing as well as reported. Woods very well could be a 2nd string WR or come in on 3rd down in a 4 or 5 WR set.

Perryman- All reports that I have heard seem to be he is going to start. Along with Harris, Kirksey (for now) and maybe Henry T.

All of my feelings are based on reports from camp and could very well alter. I don’t think we will have anyone 100% garranted to start until pre season games start. Then we will see if the reports changed once we start playing against other teams and full game speed.

Thoughts?

Found this article online and thought that it would be interesting to see if it is accurate or not.

IMO
Stroud- I really like his upside. He has a great football IQ and can make every throw. The bad side is the fact that in camp, he hasn't looked amazing. I would honestly not be shocked if he is 2nd string starting the season. Allowing him to improve and learn from watching the first couple of games. In all honesty, it might actually be the plan for Mills or even Case to play the first 2 to 4 games. Just to allow Stroud to be more successful by watching film and getting some more progress in the system before he starts.

Woods- He is a vet, but we have some WRs we didn't know what to expect from them. And as it turns out a few "keepers" are really impressive in camp. Woods may end up being a 2nd string player to start the season. With Metchie, Hutchinson and Nico starting. Will Woods become a starter? If the rookies and younger players keep playing as well as reported. Woods very well could be a 2nd string WR or come in on 3rd down in a 4 or 5 WR set.

Perryman- All reports that I have heard seem to be he is going to start. Along with Harris, Kirksey (for now) and maybe Henry T.

All of my feelings are based on reports from camp and could very well alter. I don’t think we will have anyone 100% garranted to start until pre season games start. Then we will see if the reports changed once we start playing against other teams and full game speed.

Thoughts?

It's interesting.

I don't think there's any way that Stroud isn't the starter by at least game 3, but he's probably the starter from the outset.

I've heard that Woods has been dependable. Not flashy so far. He could lose the #1 receiver spot. I don't know if he's going to drop all the way out of the starting lineup, though.

And people have been talking about Harris and To'o To'o getting time with the 1s at MLB. So I don't know. It's something to watch.

Back