Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

"27-ZERO" Let's look at what the ZERO means or could mean

gafftop

All Pro
It means that this Braintrust has no clue what reality is or is totally inept or maybe both.
If they knew reality or had a clue they would have come up with a game plan that would have gotten some points not ZERO.

On the offensive side the GM, scouts, coaches and all involved either
(1) have no clue how to evaluate talent (see new additions and all O side)
(2) have no backbone to tell McNair no we don't think he is the answer
(3) maybe just poor coaches and can't get the players to understand
(3) have no idea what reality is and don't realize what they really have on offense and game plan accordingly
(4) have no idea what reality is and game planned based on the thinking that they were so superior that they could be conservative and win
(5) have no clue and came up with this game plan because they really thought it could win and had no idea what New England was going to do
(6) maybe they do know what Brock is now and came up with this because they thought this was the best way to go. WRONG their game plan put more pressure on him. His best chance to pass was first down not 2nd and long and 3rd and long.

I think Brock will get better with help from competent coaches.
That is were I become very concerned

Sorry guys really didn't sleep well and wrote this under less than optimum conditions.

I think special teams sheds some light on this.

We do not get physical with the gunners. If you watched their return teams, you'd see our gunners getting mugged & ragdolled. Watch the other teams this weekend. The NFL allows you to beat the crap out of the gunner & we don't even get in his way.

& I'm listening to Seth go off about the roster & I think he has a point.

Behind Lamar Miller, we should have at least one guy that the coaches can't wait to get on the field. They should have at least one guy they're looking for opportunities to get him on the field & get him the ball. Through three games, it appears they do not trust anyone on the field other than Lamar Miller. Throughout the preseason, I couldn't wait to see Hilliard or Hunt. I think both of them should have made the team over Blue & Grimes. Maybe the coaches trusted Hilliard & Hunt less than they trusted Blue & Grimes. If that's the case... we need to get better at getting guys in here the coaches drool over.

Same thing at WR. & yeah, maybe Braxton Miller is that guy... but it doesn't look like this coaching staff is too enamored with Strong or Mumph. Williams has a lot to learn, Lentz just makes plays... I could see coaches being excited about those guys & trying to provide an opportunity for them. Maybe our coaches don't see them that way, but the point is that those roster spots should be given to people the coaches are excited about & they just don't seem to be excited about Mumph or Strong. They appear to be reluctant to get them on the field at all & only do it because they have no one else, like they hoped & prayed to never go that deep on the depth chart.

Watch the rest of the game & see how many times other teams put some guy out there & that guy makes a play.

I think special teams sheds some light on this.

We do not get physical with the gunners. If you watched their return teams, you'd see our gunners getting mugged & ragdolled. Watch the other teams this weekend. The NFL allows you to beat the crap out of the gunner & we don't even get in his way.

& I'm listening to Seth go off about the roster & I think he has a point.

Behind Lamar Miller, we should have at least one guy that the coaches can't wait to get on the field. They should have at least one guy they're looking for opportunities to get him on the field & get him the ball. Through three games, it appears they do not trust anyone on the field other than Lamar Miller. Throughout the preseason, I couldn't wait to see Hilliard or Hunt. I think both of them should have made the team over Blue & Grimes. Maybe the coaches trusted Hilliard & Hunt less than they trusted Blue & Grimes. If that's the case... we need to get better at getting guys in here the coaches drool over.

Same thing at WR. & yeah, maybe Braxton Miller is that guy... but it doesn't look like this coaching staff is too enamored with Strong or Mumph. Williams has a lot to learn, Lentz just makes plays... I could see coaches being excited about those guys & trying to provide an opportunity for them. Maybe our coaches don't see them that way, but the point is that those roster spots should be given to people the coaches are excited about & they just don't seem to be excited about Mumph or Strong. They appear to be reluctant to get them on the field at all & only do it because they have no one else, like they hoped & prayed to never go that deep on the depth chart.

Watch the rest of the game & see how many times other teams put some guy out there & that guy makes a play.

I remember the announcer talking during the game about how BB is always changing out his personnel during the game to keep them fresh. Maybe the Texans should try that approach. IDK. It's like it's the popular kids get to do what they want and the coaches are afraid to ruffle feathers...

I remember the announcer talking during the game about how BB is always changing out his personnel during the game to keep them fresh. Maybe the Texans should try that approach. IDK. It's like it's the popular kids get to do what they want and the coaches are afraid to ruffle feathers...

They can't because we have terrible depth.

Their front 7 just mauled our OL. They were playing cover 2 most of the game (or maybe all of it?) and we should have been able to run on it. But the one time I remember our offense going into a power set, we tried a short pass to the flat. We didn't do anything to disguise what we were going to run. And BB knows Crennel so well he knew what defense was doing and how to counter... see first TD.

I was really really disappointed in both our special teams and the inability of our defense to put any pressure or to stop edelman and those damn college plays

I absolutely refuse to put this on scouts. OB wanted more speed on offense so they went out and identified guys for him and OB/Smith brought them in (L. Miller, Ervin, Fuller, B. Miller). Then we go out there and run 25 power dives and throw 1/40 passes over 20 yards. That has nothing to do with the players and everything to do with a coaching staff that's so scared of making a mistake that they'd rather just sit on their hands for 4 quarters.

The QB's safezone is called the pocket. When the QB leaves the pocket, you as a member of a defense have an obligation to hit the sum-3:tch so hard that he NEVER wants to run in your direction with a ball in his hands again. Their ROOKIE ran at the defense AT LEAST four times! The first time someone should have done a Simeon Rice meets Michael Vick on him and had him trying to figure out what planet he was on when he stood up.

The QB's safezone is called the pocket. When the QB leaves the pocket, you as a member of a defense have an obligation to hit the sum-3:tch so hard that he NEVER wants to run in your direction with a ball in his hands again. Their ROOKIE ran at the defense AT LEAST four times! The first time someone should have done a Simeon Rice meets Michael Vick on him and had him trying to figure out what planet he was on when he stood up.

When your return guys can't hold on to a damn football and put a team with the best o-line in football on their own 25...you've spotted them 14 points.

WTF are you talking about? Imbibing a little early this morning? A little wacky weed?

Whose got the best OL in football. Honestly, I'm having trouble following you this morning.

WTF are you talking about? Imbibing a little early this morning? A little wacky weed?

Whose got the best OL in football. Honestly, I'm having trouble following you this morning.

Our team was shut out by a 3rd string rookie QB who ran on a good defense at will and even ran for a TD. Say what you want about Brady's prowess as a QB, but Belecheat always makes sure he has a great O-line.

I saw no sign of a game plan last night.

They ran that one running play they know until Os saw it was time to throw his pick but does that count as a game plan if you do it every week?
The game plan was quite clear, if you ask me.
1.) Man coverage only for the defense.
2.) Run, pass, run.
3.) Socialize while on the sidelines. (because the kicker can keep an eye on the game anyway.)
4.) Blame self for loss, praise the opponents' coaching staff and players.

The game plan was to play conservative, let the rookie QB make mistakes & capitalize on it.

The play calling was run in running situations. Pass in passing situations.... punt. Occasionally try to throw the defense off guard, by throwing the ball. Don't do anything stupid like trying to score. Wait for the defense to get a turn over & put us in goal to go situations.

The game plan I saw was.

1.) Wet your pants.
2.) Turn the ball over.
3.) Attach their strengths with our weakness.
4.) If you get them in a jam, make a stupid penalty to help them out.
5.) Call timeouts that help the other team.
6.) Don't make in-game or half-time adjustments.
7.) Don't watch the game, it's only the 3rd game this ones not that important.
8.) If you are the first one to the ball don't tackle, someone behind you will make it.

Last edited:
The one guy that I think has that mentality on our team is stuck in sick bay: Cushing.

Back