Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2024 NFL Draft Order

Man can you imagine a young DL of Anderson/Carter/Davis and Greenard?

Could've happened, Oh well water under the bridge at this point.

Man can you imagine a young DL of Anderson/Carter/Davis and Greenard?

Could've happened, Oh well water under the bridge at this point.
Carter and Anderson would've been difficult but Carter and Nolan Smith were easy peasy and I don't think there will be much difference between the two.

One rookie alone likely won't make that happen but there are several available around #23 who could help it along.
True, but if you let Greenard walk and used that money to sign Wilkins/Jones/Williams and then drafted Latu or one of the Robinson's at 1-23, that would make the DL a strength.

WA/Collins/Wilkins/Chop

With Barnett/Tart/Davis/Horton

That's a really good front 4 with as good of depth as any team in the NFL.

Re-sign Cashman and draft either Payton Wilson or Nate Watson and you've got one of the best front 7's in the NFL.

He wants to make the DL elite. Is there anyone that should be available at 23 or higher that could do that?

Probably not.....free agency on the other hand could make it happen before camp kicks off. Draft picks could become elite mid first season or by season two.

One rookie alone likely won't make that happen but there are several available around #23 who could help it along.
If you could find a Chris Jones or a Josh Allen in the draft, he'd go a long way added to WAjr, Rankins & Collins.

I hope DeMeco & Nick are truly committed to making the DL elite & not "best we can do." If that means trade up then I hope they do it responsibly.

Probably not.....free agency on the other hand could make it happen before camp kicks off. Draft picks could become elite mid first season or by season two.
My comment was made in response to the question "what are the chances Houston will be on the clock at 23."

DeMeco wants to make the DL elite. If there's a guy that somehow makes it to 23 that would make this DL elite chances are better that we'll be picking there. If not, the odds go way down.

Even if we address the DL in FA, this DL is more than 1 player away from elite.

Ok, forget the “on the clock” stuff. The bet I’m making is, after the 22nd pick is taken, ((whoever the hell that might be) Houston will be somewhere else, either up or down, but NOT at 23.

Hope that clears it up. If not, fine.

My comment was made in response to the question "what are the chances Houston will be on the clock at 23."

DeMeco wants to make the DL elite. If there's a guy that somehow makes it to 23 that would make this DL elite chances are better that we'll be picking there. If not, the odds go way down.

Even if we address the DL in FA, this DL is more than 1 player away from elite.
If they address the DL in FA with a top tier FA and at 1-23 this DL can be elite. If they want an elite front 7 they could draft 2 or 3 guys in the 2nd rd and have an elite front 7. This is doable it's just a matter of do they want to spend that much FA money and draft capital to build an elite front 7.

If you want an elite front 7 and don't want to spend fa money then draft Newton at 1-23, then trade up using a 2nd-3rd and a 2025 2nd to draft one of the edge guys that fall to the bottom of the 1st and then use your two 4ths to trade into the 3rd for your LB.

Use your fa money on offense.

Last edited:
And I don’t want them signing Sacquan, Henry, or of those big names being mentioned on a daily basis. It reeks of a bidding war, and if we win that war, and y’all will NOT like how much we overpay these ‘past their prime’ 30 year olds. It’s practically guaranteed future dead money.

And I don’t want them signing Sacquan, Henry, or of those big names being mentioned on a daily basis. It reeks of a bidding war, and if we win that war, and y’all will NOT like how much we overpay these ‘past their prime’ 30 year olds. It’s practically guaranteed future dead money.
Agreed

For the money Swift> Barkley

If they address the DL in FA with a top tier FA and at 1-23 this DL can be elite. If they want an elite front 7 they could draft 2 or 3 guys in the 2nd rd and have an elite front 7. This is doable it's just a matter of do they want to spend that much FA money and draft capital to build an elite front 7.

If you want an elite front 7 and don't want to spend fa money then draft Newton at 1-23, then trade up using a 2nd-3rd and a 2025 2nd to draft one of the edge guys that fall to the bottom of the 1st and then use your two 4ths to trade into the 3rd for your LB.

Use your fa money on offense.
How many 1 year contracts do you think Nick will be doling out, or do you think that's a thing of the past?

I think you could do a 3 yr deal with Henry at 8m per with funny money in the 3rd yr and draft a rb this year. He's been very, very durable and it falls in line with coming off the books before CJ gets his deal

I think you could do a 3 yr deal with Henry at 8m per with funny money in the 3rd yr and draft a rb this year. He's been very, very durable and it falls in line with coming off the books before CJ gets his deal
Yep, and I think while he's no Barkley he's underrated when it comes to catching the ball. He's very good in pass pro. You would need to pair him with a guy like Motor and a drafted RB.

Yep, and I think while he's no Barkley he's underrated when it comes to catching the ball. He's very good in pass pro. You would need to pair him with a guy like Motor and a drafted RB.
If Barkley could be had for the same price, it's Barkley for mine - his receiving skills are on par with many #1 WRs so you get a twofer.

If Barkley could be had for the same price, it's Barkley for mine - his receiving skills are on par with many #1 WRs so you get a twofer.
Depends on the price and if this keeps Caserio from signing another impactful FA.

I would be good with signing Barkley and say Stewart. But if not signing Barkley means getting Jones or Wilkins then I'm good with passing on Barkley.

Back