Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2023 Playoff Predictions

I'm not sure I can argue or differ with that list. There's usually one team in each conference that is unexpected, but as it stands today...I'm totally good with your list.

Anyone care to argue lol.

Who do you think will be heading to the post season this year? My predictions are:

AFC:

1. Chiefs
2. Bengals
3. Bills
4. Jags
5. Jets
6. Ravens
7. Steelers

NFC:

1. Eagles
2. 49ers
3. Vikings
4. Saints
5. Lions
6. Seahawks
7. Cowboys

3 years in a row, and 4 of the last 5 years there's been 7 different teams make the playoffs who didn't the previous season. The lowest since 2016, as far as I cared to go back, there were only 5 (2019). 8 in 2017.

What you've got listed are pretty good bets to make it this year, but there's only 4 teams there who weren't in the playoffs last year. There might be a couple more teams that surprise.

Being a Bengals fan, I don't think you are going to see 3 teams from the AFCN in the playoffs.
Not because of hate, but I would drop the Steelers from the mix. I would however add the Dolphins.
They were close and may have made it last year if not for Tua getting knocked into another dimension a couple times.
Who knows what Rodgers does in New York as well. That team isn't far off and adding him will make a difference.
As mentioned the Chargers could be right in the mix as well, coming off a 10 win season.

I won't change up much on the NFC side, but my surprise team pushing this year is the Bears.
No one talks about them, but their new GM appears to be going in the right direction in his second year.
They have some pieces to build with and I think Fields is going to continue growing as a passer.
His run skills are already ridiculous. Oh and they had a solid draft and helped the o-line.

Not because of hate, but I would drop the Steelers from the mix. I would however add the Dolphins.
They were close and may have made it last year if not for Tua getting knocked into another dimension a couple times.
The Dolphins were so close to making the playoffs...that they actually made it. Losing 34-31 to Buffalo in the wild card round.

Being a Bengals fan, I don't think you are going to see 3 teams from the AFCN in the playoffs.
Who knows what Rodgers does in New York as well. That team isn't far off and adding him will make a difference.
As mentioned the Chargers could be right in the mix as well, coming off a 10 win season.

I won't change up much on the NFC side, but my surprise team pushing this year is the Bears.
No one talks about them, but their new GM appears to be going in the right direction in his second year.
They have some pieces to build with and I think Fields is going to continue growing as a passer.
His run skills are already ridiculous. Oh and they had a solid draft and helped the o-line.
I think the Bears will be much improved, but not quite a playoff team yet. They added nice pieces to their roster in FA and the draft.

I think the Steelers get in because Mike Tomlin is an amazing coach and they made some moves to strengthen their roster. Plus Picket has a year under his belt.

The Dolphins with Fangio running the defense could be dangerous. It will really depend on whether or not Tua makes it through the season. He kind of reminds me of Chad Pennington - good QB, but too many injuries.

Totally jacked up my thought there !! Thanks Lucky for the amusing correction !!
It's difficult to watch all of the playoff games. 6 games in the 1st round. I can't remember if I watched the Bills/Dolphins game. I think I did. I missed the Sunday night Bengals/Ravens game. Maybe the Niners/Seahawks game.

It's difficult to watch all of the playoff games. 6 games in the 1st round. I can't remember if I watched the Bills/Dolphins game. I think I did. I missed the Sunday night Bengals/Ravens game. Maybe the Niners/Seahawks game.
Honestly, my son and I went all in on the playoffs this year with the Bengals.
Caught the home game against the Ravens, travelled to Buffalo for the Bills and then travelled to KC for the AFCCG.
Had they won, we would have had to sell the house for Super Bowl tickets, but something tells me we would have survived in an apartment.
That being the case, I wasn't watching much of the other games.

Back