Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2023 players declaring for 2024 draft

Last edited:
Coleman joins fellow Florida State stars Johnny Wilson, Trey Benson, Jared Verse, Jaheim Bell and Akeem Dent as bowl-game opt outs, while other key contributors, including quarterback Tate Rodemaker and linebacker DJ Lundy have entered the transfer portal and will not play. In all, nearly 20 players from Florida State's ACC championship game depth chart will be unavailable for the Seminoles' bowl game against Georgia on Dec. 31.

Good for all those FSU players. Usually I’m not a fan of players opting out of bowl games, but the NCAA screwed them over, so why not at this point.
Yep, giving Alabama the spot over them was pretty BS move to make sure the SEC got in

Yep, giving Alabama the spot over them was pretty BS move to make sure the SEC got in
Yeah maybe, but with all these guys not playing FSU will get trounced by Georgia and everyone will say 'I told you so'.

Reactions: JB
Good for all those FSU players. Usually I’m not a fan of players opting out of bowl games, but the NCAA screwed them over, so why not at this point.
Yeah maybe, but with all these guys not playing FSU will get trounced by Georgia and everyone will say 'I told you so'.

This is why I don't watch college football. There are to many bowl games and the NCAA screws around with the rankings/schedule to much for you to ever truly be able to say "This team was the best team this year". At least with the NFL its simple, winner of the AFC plays winner of the NFC and the winner of that is the champion.

This is why I don't watch college football. There are to many bowl games and the NCAA screws around with the rankings/schedule to much for you to ever truly be able to say "This team was the best team this year". At least with the NFL its simple, winner of the AFC plays winner of the NFC and the winner of that is the champion.
The bowl games are rewards for the young men having a successful season.

I agree with you about the manipulation of the polls, but that will be coming to an end with the new 12 team playoff

Texas TE Ja'Tavion Sanders declares for draft.

Iowa DB Cooper DeJean enters draft.

Longhorns Brooks, Murphy, and Mitchell declare.

Bama CB duo Kool-Aid McKinstry and Terrion Arnold will enter draft.

Will the last Alabama junior to turn pro turn off the lights in Tuscaloosa? Chris Braswell, Dallas Turner, & JC Latham entering draft.

Last edited:
Here are some guys that are coming back:

Donovan Jackson - OG - Ohio State
Jack Sawyer - Edge - Ohio State
Lathan Ransom - DB - Ohio State
Tyleik Williams - DT - Ohio State
Malachi Moore - DB - Alabama
Devontae Lawson - LB - Alabama
Nazir Stackhouse - DT - Georgia
Jason Marshall - CB - Florida
Devin Neal - RB - Kansas
Cobee Bryant - CB - Kansas

Here are some guys that are coming back:

Donovan Jackson - OG - Ohio State
Jack Sawyer - Edge - Ohio State
Lathan Ransom - DB - Ohio State
Tyleik Williams - DT - Ohio State
Malachi Moore - DB - Alabama
Devontae Lawson - LB - Alabama
Nazir Stackhouse - DT - Georgia
Jason Marshall - CB - Florida
Devin Neal - RB - Kansas
Cobee Bryant - CB - Kansas
You can add OSU CB Denzel Burke to that list. I was hoping the Texans could target him day 2.

If I was a team like the Falcons or the Steelers I would look at picking McCarthy. Only lost 1 game as a starter and his best football is ahead of him. He's already been coached well.
The best things I can say about McCarthy is 1) he can escape pressure and 2) he takes care of the football. But, 1) McCarthy is not an accomplished reader of defenses and 2) he's not challenging NFL defenses deep.

Don't the Steelers already have a game manager in Pickett? McCarthy is clearly below the top 3 QBs (Williams, Maye, Daniels). So JJ is in that next tier with Penix and Nix. Not sure any of these guys are 1st rounders. But they are QBs and there are more than 3 teams that really need QBs. I could make a case that McCarthy is the safer pick between him, Nix, and Penix. But I'm not locked in on McCarthy as QB4 in this draft.

The best things I can say about McCarthy is 1) he can escape pressure and 2) he takes care of the football. But, 1) McCarthy is not an accomplished reader of defenses and 2) he's not challenging NFL defenses deep.

Don't the Steelers already have a game manager in Pickett? McCarthy is clearly below the top 3 QBs (Williams, Maye, Daniels). So JJ is in that next tier with Penix and Nix. Not sure any of these guys are 1st rounders. But they are QBs and there are more than 3 teams that really need QBs. I could make a case that McCarthy is the safer pick between him, Nix, and Penix. But I'm not locked in on McCarthy as QB4 in this draft.
How do you know that he's not an accomplished reader of defenses? He should be pretty good at this due to being coached up by Harbaugh. Did he throw a bunch of ints this yr, I really didn't keep up with him this yr. If he did then that's most likely a sign of not being able to read defenses. BTW, he reminds me a lot of Montana coming out of college. He's got the arm and accuracy but has to tighten up his game. I watched quite a bit of him in 2023.

How do you know that he's not an accomplished reader of defenses? He should be pretty good at this due to being coached up by Harbaugh.
Michigan has a simplistic passing game. Basically, go to the primary, or tuck and scramble. Harbaugh is not known for his sophisticated passing attack. Anyone who remembers his Niners teams should know that.

BTW, he reminds me a lot of Montana coming out of college.

Montana wouldn't throw two pick 6's in the playoffs. More like Flacco.

Back