Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2022 OTA’s Mini Camp And Pre Season

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I certainly think I could sit down and have a beer with Kubiak.
I think I'd really enjoy having a beer with either Gary or Lovie. Now Gary is a very likable fellow but I can't help but think Lovie would be more interesting & entertaining.
Now when it comes to football, I'm sure any of us could learn a great deal from either man: you know they've seen some stuff in their time in the NFL.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Each year when the Texans begin their season with summer practices, I always wonder how tough it has been for the rookies who've never been to this part of the country before, and certainly never played or even practiced ball down here in this overwhelming heat and humidity ?
For example, you know they drafted a TE from Oregon - ever been to the Pacific NW in the summer - cool & dry, delightful weather 'bout now. Yikes - hang in there young man !

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Each year when the Texans begin their season with summer practices, I always wonder how tough it has been for the rookies who've never been to this part of the country before, and certainly never played or even practiced ball down here in this overwhelming heat and humidity ?
For example, you know they drafted a TE from Oregon - ever been to the Pacific NW in the summer - cool & dry, delightful weather 'bout now. Yikes - hang in there young man !
Luckily most of this yrs draft picks are from SEC/Big 12 country.

Last edited:

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I certainly think I could sit down and have a beer with Kubiak.
Yep, this.

I also feel like I could sit down with Lovie and have a nice conversation.

But... I'm an old man.
I could have a better time with Lovie than I could with Kubiak, but you know who I don’t think I would have a good time with?

Caserio.

He seems the type to order a glass of wine vs a beer. Maybe it is the sweater vest.

That’s just me.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I could have a better time with Lovie than I could with Kubiak, but you know who I don’t think I would have a good time with?

Caserio.

He seems the type to order a glass of wine vs a beer. Maybe it is the sweater vest.

That’s just me.
Agreed, I think Caserio would order a water.

He's a different kind of dude. He seems to be singularly focused and that's not a bad thing. I think Caserio and Luhnow have a lot of the same personality traits.

BTW, I think it would be great to sit down and have a beer with either Kubiak or Lovie.

One was an offensive guru and the other was a defensive guru. I would love to learn the little details of the Tampa 2 from Lovie and what it was like to work with Walsh/Seifert as well as the intricacies of the WCO.

The only guy I wouldn't want to have a beer with is RS. He was a phony. IMHO

Last edited:

Texansphan

Football connoisseur

Caserio.

That’s just me.
I'm multi-alcohol - I like beer , red wine and a variety of spirits.
What kind of clothing do I wear - a patchwork quilt? :thisbig:
Oh, and water too ...

Mangler

Toro de España

Caserio.

That’s just me.
Kubiak probably drinks red wine, especially after his heart attack. Caserio comes off as a man that drinks expensive bourbon. Lovie looks like a guy that orders them fruity daiquiris or margaritas. Maybe I’m wrong. Either way, I’d hang with whichever guy that likes drinking some good bourbon.

austins23

Hall of Fame
I'd like to go crush a beer or 9 with the ol defensive line coach from years back. The bald guy, Bill Tollar, something...that dude brought some intensity. Oh, and The Ninja! lol

Reactions: JB

Dejaview

All Pro
I'm with @steelbtexan, in that Caserio doesn't come off as a drinker. But if he does drink, I'd offer him a port wine, as Caserio is a Portuguese name and likely what his family drank.
so you like Port too? I’m experimenting with making a Port from our Hill Country persimmons. Good dark juicy fruit. I’ve got tons of them less what the coons and foxes get. It’s like fishing…would be cheaper to buy fish but I’ve got nothing else to mess with in this heat.

Dejaview

All Pro
Agreed, I think Caserio would order a water.

He's a different kind of dude. He seems to be singularly focused and that's not a bad thing. I think Caserio and Luhnow have a lot of the same personality traits.

BTW, I think it would be great to sit down and have a beer with either Kubiak or Lovie.

One was an offensive guru and the other was a defensive guru. I would love to learn the little details of the Tampa 2 from Lovie and what it was like to work with Walsh/Seifert as well as the intricacies of the WCO.

The only guy I wouldn't want to have a beer with is RS. He was a phony. IMHO
I’d like to tie NC in a chair and make him eat smoked brisket.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
I’d like to tie NC in a chair and make him eat smoked brisket.
I have to admit that I'm very happy that I've stopped watching the GM, Coach, and Player interviews and press conferences. I haven't heard more than a few words from this guy and have no mental image of who he is personality-wise.

I think my life is richer for that.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I have to admit that I'm very happy that I've stopped watching the GM, Coach, and Player interviews and press conferences. I haven't heard more than a few words from this guy and have no mental image of who he is personality-wise.

I think my life is richer for that.
I like people like Luhnow/Caserio who are singularly focused and don't much care about what others think about them, because what others think isn't what's truly important. Do you really care about what a GM's personality is like?

Unlike some GM's who think their job is to be friends with the media.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
I like people like Luhnow/Caserio who are singularly focused and don't much care about what others think about them, because what others think isn't what's truly important. Do you really care about what a GM's personality is like?

Unlike some GM's who think their job is to be friends with the media.
Yeah, I do not care about anything other than what I see come game day. I don't care if they're likable or well-spoken.

To take it a step further, I also don't care what they say. I've said this before, but I don't expect my coaches or GMs to tell the truth at press conferences or in interviews. I expect them to obfuscate as much as possible, to straight up lie to create smoke screens so that no inside information is accidentally broadcast that might be used against us later by someone listening and putting 2 and 2 together.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Not almost 2 years.

Why does this matter to you? He will be playing LT at a high level on opening day.
Sensitive much?

Why does it matter to me? I don’t know probably because I am here for the same reasons as you - I am a Texans fan.

He only played 5 games last year so yeah it does feel like 2 years since we saw him last.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Sensitive much?

Why does it matter to me? I don’t know probably because I am here for the same reasons as you - I am a Texans fan.

He only played 5 games last year so yeah it does feel like 2 years since we saw him last.
Talking about me being sensitive, then talking about how you feel in the same post? LMAO

My wife has accused me of being very insensitive, so thank I think. Lol