Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2022 NFL Mock Draft Database

I liked the direction of the 3 round PFN mock.

4) Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan
35) Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah
66) Derion Kendrick, CB, Georgia
83) Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State

Improve the defense while helping the run game and shortening the game. It's how the Texans had hoped to compete this season.

Take whatever picks they get from a Watson trade to improve the O-line, and I'd call this a win.

Improve the defense while helping the run game and shortening the game. It's how the Texans had hoped to compete this season.

Take whatever picks they get from a Watson trade to improve the O-line, and I'd call this a win.
I saw that this morning and thought I’d be extremely happy. Although I wish we could squeeze an OL guy somewhere in the first 3 rounds.

I'd take that right now, no questions asked.

Unfortunately, Devin Lloyd's pick 6 in Championship game likely makes him a first rd pick.

Unfortunately, Devin Lloyd's pick 6 in Championship game likely makes him a first rd pick.

I hope the Texans have multiple 1's then or trade down multiple times
If he stays healthy, that Cole Bishop is going to be a player!

I hope the Texans have multiple 1's then or trade down multiple times
If he stays healthy, that Cole Bishop is going to be a player!

Find away to trade down if you can and get a top 10 pick, then get a 2nd and a 2023 1st. Caserio's in the middle of a rebuild.

I would hope for more... LB is near the top of my needs list

I'm really liking Lloyd/Muma and think either one of them would be a great choice. I'm personally hoping Kendrick falls to 2-34. If say Kendrick was the pick at 2-34, would you use both of the Texans/Saints picks to move back up to say 2-40 and draft Muma or Lloyd?

I would certainly have to think about it. I probably would have to do the deal and draft a guy like Xavier Newman Johnson after using the rams 4th and a couple of 6th. Then try to find the best FA I could find to come to Kirby to play and play an interior OL position. How do you feel about an offseason without a Derrick trade of

Rd.1 Hutcinson
Rd.2 Kendrick
Rd.2 Lloyd
Rd. 3 after a trade up Newman-Johnson

Then sign a good IOL in FA?

Would you rather have 4 guys that I know can play or would you rather have more late rd picks? BTW, I wouldn't have any issues with Stingley 1-2 and Kendrick 2-34. Those guys are studs, add on Lloyd or Muma and I'm very happy with the 2022 draft.

Last edited:

A dream draft indeed - but Lloyd falling out of the first round?
I can't see him falling out of the top 20.
I am liking the other picks too - Breece Hall is my top RB pick from this draft.
CB Derion Kendrick could likely be had at the top of the 4th - Drafttek has him ranked around the 190's.

Last edited:
Mock Draft Logo

OptimisticTexan
Created: less than a minute ago
Draft Mode: Realistic
|
Trade Mode: Strict
|
Draft Order: Pre-Draft

• Trade Recap
  • Houston Receives:
    • 2022: Round 3, Pick 98
    • 2022: Round 3, Pick 99
    • 2022: Round 5, Pick 152
  • New Orleans Receives:
    • 2022: Round 3, Pick 73
    • **For the record....the points match on this trade**
  • My Selections

• Round: 6-181
    CB Noah Daniels (6-0 @ 194 lbs) **Should be in 4.4-40 range**

TCU

Last edited:
Mock Draft Logo

OptimisticTexan
Created: less than a minute ago
Draft Mode: Realistic
|
Trade Mode: Strict
|
Draft Order: Pre-Draft

• Trade Recap
  • Houston Receives:
    • 2022: Round 3, Pick 98
    • 2022: Round 3, Pick 99
    • 2022: Round 5, Pick 152
  • New Orleans Receives:
    • 2022: Round 3, Pick 73
    • **For the record....the points match on this trade**
  • My Selections

• Round: 6-181
    CB Noah Daniels (6-0 @ 194 lbs) **Should be in 4.4-40 range**

TCU

I from the Alex Gibbs school of being able to find IOL in day 3 of the draft. Based on that if you take the best DL in RD 2 and take an OL in RD 4 I'm onboard with this.

I from the Alex Gibbs school of being able to find IOL in day 3 of the draft. Based on that if you take the best DL in RD 2 and take an OL in RD 4 I'm onboard with this.

I used steelb's thought on the Steelers trading for Watson. So, in the 2022 draft the Texans receive the Steelers RD1, RD2, and RD3 picks....there are additional picks in 2023 and 2024 as well as CB, Minkah Fitzpatrick.

The simulator had the Texans at #3 (2200). I traded back with the Giants and received their #6 (1600), #38 (520), and #108 (78) in return. This is a solid trade for both teams. **We could safely assume that both, Pitt QB, Kenny Pickett and Ole Miss QB, Matt Corral would have awesome Combine and Pro Days which leaves teams wondering who'll make the move to draft eitker of them earlier than later b/c even though the Giants have the 6 and 7 picks.....Atlanta (8), Carolina (9), Minnesota (10), New Orleans (11), and Philadelphia (12 + Picks) all need a new QB as well. This could be one hell-of-a positive position for Caserio if he were even to hint at having interest in drafting Pickett or Corral.**

This Mock with the additional draft capital would look something like this (bear in mind that I try to pick the players as I see them lining up versus how the simulator may place them)

**Worth noting: Simulator has Giants picking LT- Evan Neal at 3 and QB- Matt Corral at 7.**

RD1-006: SS- Kyle Hamilton (Notre Dame)
RD1-018: CB- Ahmad Gardner (Cincinnati)

RD2-034: FS- Daxton Hill (Michigan)
RD2-038: LG- Zion Johnson (Boston College)
RD2-050: TE- Jalen Wydermyer (Texas A&M)

RD3-067: RB- Breece Hall (Iowa St)
RD3-073: DE- Logan Hall (Houston)
RD3-082: DT- Travis Jones (Connecticut)

RD4-108: OC- Ricky Stromberg (Arkansas)
RD4-126: RB- Rachaad White (Arizona St)

RD5---No Picks--

RD6-181: RG- Cade Mays (Tennessee)
RD6-198: OT- Nick Broeker (Mississippi)
RD6-208: RB- Hassan Haskins (Michigan)

RD7-242: WR- Danny Gray (SMU)

Last edited:
Just looking at hos size & that you have him listed as a SS, looks like he's a bit of a thumper, a box safety.

How's his cover skills & how much of an impact will he have in a cover 2?
I've seen him called the safest pick in the draft...
Can Hamilton be the first safety selected in the top 10 of the NFL Draft since 2017? He certainly has the skill set to join that elite group of early first-round players at the position. Furthermore, I would go as far as to say he is one of the best players in the 2022 NFL Draft class regardless of position.

Additionally, the current projected NFL Draft order should ensure a run of defensive players within those first 10 selections. Let’s dig into his scouting report to discover why Hamilton is not only so highly regarded but should transcend traditional positional value.

At 6’4″ and 219 pounds, he is a physical specimen. There are linebackers playing the game that don’t possess the same size as the Notre Dame safety. In addition to his size, Hamilton has elite length. Both his height and length make him a difficult proposition to throw against.
With that coverage radius, he can get his hands up to snag the ball out of the air. He can also use his long levers to reach around opposition receivers to disrupt the ball, knocking it away from their grasp. Hamilton is extremely disruptive at the catch point.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/kyle-hamilton-notre-dame-s-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

I've seen him called the safest pick in the draft...
I agree with that. I think Hamilton is ready to play and star right out of the box, like Micah Parsons.

How's his cover skills & how much of an impact will he have in a cover 2?
Hamilton has more than enough range to play deep zone, has the quickness to cover man to man, and the size to force the run. He's the real deal.

I agree with that. I think Hamilton is ready to play and star right out of the box, like Micah Parsons.
Hamilton has more than enough range to play deep zone, has the quickness to cover man to man, and the size to force the run. He's the real deal.

If we go defense in the first, I want Hamilton
If we trade down I want Lloyd

Merry Christmas Mock:

#3 Texans trade down with #7 Carolina, Texans get #7 and 2023 1st RD pick - Carolina selects Matt Coral

RD 1. #7 Texans select George Karlaftis, 6'4" 275, Edge, Purdue

RD 2. #36 Jaquan Brisker, 6'0" 200, S, Penn St.

RD 3. #67 Devonte Wyatt, 6'3" 315, DT, Georgia

RD 3. #76 Tyler Allgeier, 5'11" 220, RB BYU

After listening to a couple of Pod Cast of teams that could have interest in DeShaun Watson….Caserio might be wise to tell Cal & Easterby that the team will be eating Watson’s 2022 salary b/c if they try to trade him before the draft…..it’ll be like re-watching an OB dropping the prison soap shower scene.

The Texans will have one of two options by waiting until April 2023:
1. Watson is found guilty and the team can void his contract while seeking a return of money paid on new 2022 contract paid….including the signing bonus given.
2. Watson is found not guilty and Caserio can get on the phone or begin taking trade calls in earnest. 2022 not being a strong QB Class could see a lot of the same teams in need of a QB in 2022 calling with new proposals.

Tunsil would the best trade asset for 2022 since there will be a few teams after the first 15 picks in RD1 that will have a need for a LT and would have missed out on the one’s who could be the plug-n-play types. The Steelers and Bengals immediately come to mind, but it’s the Bengals who move to the top b/c they have a SB team who got there in spite of the mediocre OL. Not to mention, they have a “Franchise QB” in Jeff Burrows who they can ill afford to blow off protecting.

The Texans did not look any worse with Howard manning the LT spot while Tunsil recovered from his injury and then stayed out for whatever reason that only the FO knows about but have not made public. In all actuality, Howard was playing LT at fairly high level down the stretch which could be contributed to the fact he was finally playing his natural position for an extended period of time. Giving Howard a top notch LG may help him as much as we thought it would help Tunsil.

Bengals give up their:
RD1-31-031
RD4-31-134
Conditional RD2
RD5

My Mock:
RD1-03-003: SS- Kyle Hamilton (Notre Dame)
RD1-31-031: FS- Daxton Hill (Michigan)

RD2-05-037: LG- Zion Johnson (Boston College)

RD3-04-068: RB- Breece Hall (Iowa State)
RD3-16-080: RT- Andrew Stueber (Michigan)

RD4-31-134: RG- Cade Mays (Tennessee)
RD4-32-135: TE- Jelani Woods (Virginia)

RD6-04-181: WR- Danny Gray (SMU)
RD6-27-204: CB- Damarion Williams (Houston)
RD6-29-206: LB- Tyree Johnson (Texas A&M)

RD7-24-243: RB- Sincere McCormick (UTSA)

The offense got the bulk of the attention but the players selected should make contributions from Day 1 or at some point in their first season. I’d have the lineman on the field from Day 1 to push their development while building cohesiveness early on.

LT- Howard
LG- Zion Johnson
OC- Morrissey (Britt if re-signed)
RG- Cade Mays
RT- Andrew Stueber

Scharping OC/SG (Is finally moved to Center)
Heck- ST
Taylor- SG
McCray- SG

The defense gets the first round and walks away with the 2 biggest defensive backfield impact players. Hamilton and Hill could cover, hit, tackle, or blitz from anywhere they are lined up. Their speed will make it difficult on OC’s. Johnson could be a situation pass rusher in 2022 as he develops and gains more weight and strength. He did have 8.5 sacks in 2021 so my guess is….he knows how to find the QB.

How many games did Howard play at LT?

That ol will look as bad as this yes ol.

I like Zion and would think about picking him at 37 as a Center.

The rest of those guys, including Howard and Heck are developmental guys.

After Combine Day 1 Mock:

(3) Trades
#1- Cincinnati trades pick #31 to Houston for Laremy Tunsil

#2 - Denver trades pick #9; pick #40; pick #64; pick #75 to Houston for pick # 3 - draft Malik Willis (shades of Trey Lance and Denver is desperate for a QB)

#3 - Carolina trades pick #6; 1st RD and 2nd RD in 2023; 1st RD and 3rd RD in 2024 for DeShaun Watson.

Houston Texans: (Done trying to do a Lovie mindset draft)
RD 1:
#6 - Charles Cross, OT, Miss St.
#9 - Trent McDuffie, Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia
#31 - DeVonte Wyatt, DL Georgia or DeMarvin Leal, DL, Texas A&M

RD 2:
#37 - Logan Hall, DL/EDGE, Houston
#40 - Skyy Moore, WR,
#64 - Damone Clark, LB, LSU

RD 3:
#68 - Tyler Algiere, James Cook, RB, Georgia
#75 - Charlie Kolar, TE, Iowa St.
#80 - Kirby Joseph, S, Illinois

Last edited:
#2 - Denver trades pick #9; pick #40; pick #64; pick #75 to Houston for pick # 3 - draft Malik Willis (shades of Trey Lance and Denver is desperate for a QB)
Why are the Broncos trading up to the Texans spot? The Jets aren't taking a QB.

Why are the Broncos trading up to the Texans spot? The Jets aren't taking a QB.
Denver trade up thinking was based on SF trading up from #12 to #3 for Trey Lance.

Teams who might be interested in trading up:
NYG passing on 5th year option for Daniel Jones,

Carolina desperate for a QB, Ruhle on the hot seat.

Denver desperate for a QB,

Atlanta hungry for a QB.

Washington aggressively trying to trade for Wilson, Hawaks said no thanks.

That's 5 teams who could be determined to get their QB and could pull the trigger on moving up.

Malik Willis Combine workout is as much or more intriguing than Trey Lance less than 1 yr playing experience.

Last edited:
The trade up to #1 with Jacksonville. They want out of the pick.
Yes, a lot more expensive to do so and Jags not taking a QB. I'm just looking at different scenarios for Texans. These are just what if scenarios. No doubt you can shoot holes with just about any trade scenario. Heck, maybe no team is interested in trading up for Willis. Who'd of thought of a big trade up for Lance? However if Pickett and Willis are coveted QBs, odds improve for a Texans trade back. If Jags or Lions trade out to team for a QB, that improves Texans player choice.

However if Pickett and Willis are coveted QBs
But, they're not. Let's face it, this is not a special QB class. We've said that all year. Some of these guys will go in the 1st. But, I think teams are more likely to trade back and take one than trade up. Frankly, neither Pickett or Willis did enough in the Senior Bowl or combine to separate themselves. If the #3 spot becomes hot, it will be the guy Jacksonville passes on, Icky or Neal.

Can Denver afford to sit the guy for a year?

I like Malik, but not for Denver, not trading up to 3.
Denver is not getting Rodgers or Wilson. They are desperate, can't compete in AFC West w/o a QB. Desperate times create desperate people who do desperate things. Media blew up Willis and Pickett, some desperate GM/HC will bite. Seen it to many times.

Denver is not getting Rodgers or Wilson. They are desperate, can't compete in AFC West w/o a QB. Desperate times create desperate people who do desperate things. Media blew up Willis and Pickett, some desperate GM/HC will bite. Seen it to many times.
I believe it. But I don’t think anyone is going to draft Willis expecting him to start in 2022 & win games.

Denver is in win now mode. I can see them trading up for Pickett. Just not Willis

I believe it. But I don’t think anyone is going to draft Willis expecting him to start in 2022 & win games.

Denver is in win now mode. I can see them trading up for Pickett. Just not Willis
My new favorite in this class is Desmond Ridder.
I think his game will project well to the NFL and he has the aptitude and IQ to adjust quickly as well as having serious wheels - just the sort of dual threat that is the current trend in today's game.
Note - even though he is very fast, he prefers to play from the pocket - something Watson had trouble doing.
If this kid sees green in front of him, he will be a genuine threat to take it to the house - ran a 4:49 40.

Back