2020 NFL Draft / Rounds 4 - 7

Houston Texans 2020 draft picks tracker

ROUNDOVERALLPLAYER SELECTEDGRADE
240*DL Ross Blacklock, TCUA-
390EDGE Jonathan Greenard, FloridaA
4126*OT Charlie Heck, North CarolinaC-
4141*^CB John Reid, Penn StateA
from CBS Sports
I think this looks a lot like whay most of us thought an O'Brien draft would look like. Major conference players. Mature (all but Blacklock are 23, will turn 24 in season). "Good teammates".

Maybe Billy will take more chances with these later picks. Maybe not.

Houston Texans 2020 draft picks tracker

ROUNDOVERALLPLAYER SELECTEDGRADE
240*DL Ross Blacklock, TCUA-
390EDGE Jonathan Greenard, FloridaA
4126*OT Charlie Heck, North CarolinaC-
4141*^CB John Reid, Penn StateA
from CBS Sports

looks like a bit of a wait until the next Texans' pick

am I the only one digging this televised format much more than the usual overdone dog & pony show?
I am enjoying format.

Isaiah Coulter RI WR
CBS says;
Rating 69
Strengths-
Athletically superior for this level of competition.
Uses speed well to create opportunities downfield.
Reliable hands.
Weaknesses-
Needs to become more physical.
Needs to come out of his breaks quicker, cleaner.

Had 72 rec for 1039 yds avg 14.4 and 8TDs (2020)

Last edited:
Coulter and his cousin, Aaron Parker, were a dynamic duo for the Rams in 2019. Coulter was a second-team All-Colonial Athletic Association selection in his final collegiate season, catching 72 passes for 1,039 yards and eight touchdowns (14.4 per) in 12 games with 11 starts. Coulter started all 11 games as a sophomore (42-604-14.4, three TDs) and played in all 11 contests as a true freshman (18-212-11.8, one TD). 4.45 forty

Raw but talented X receiver with NFL-caliber length, speed and athletic ability. He runs a limited route tree and doesn't show enough attention to detail in his route work, but he's loose and fluid with the ability to get that area corrected. He lets coverage off the hook when he doesn't burst and separate like he's capable of, but he has access to plenty of juice when needed. While improvement should be expected, learning to play with better catch aggression and ball-tracking is not a given. Coulter is an explosive, high-upside talent with functional-starter upside, but a lower floor. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/isaiah-coulter?id=3219434f-5516-0662-8b6d-a1ee4723ab0a

Coulter and his cousin, Aaron Parker, were a dynamic duo for the Rams in 2019. Coulter was a second-team All-Colonial Athletic Association selection in his final collegiate season, catching 72 passes for 1,039 yards and eight touchdowns (14.4 per) in 12 games with 11 starts. Coulter started all 11 games as a sophomore (42-604-14.4, three TDs) and played in all 11 contests as a true freshman (18-212-11.8, one TD). 4.45 forty

Raw but talented X receiver with NFL-caliber length, speed and athletic ability. He runs a limited route tree and doesn't show enough attention to detail in his route work, but he's loose and fluid with the ability to get that area corrected. He lets coverage off the hook when he doesn't burst and separate like he's capable of, but he has access to plenty of juice when needed. While improvement should be expected, learning to play with better catch aggression and ball-tracking is not a given. Coulter is an explosive, high-upside talent with functional-starter upside, but a lower floor. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/isaiah-coulter?id=3219434f-5516-0662-8b6d-a1ee4723ab0a
Looks like OB did his homework on this draft. Maybe we can keep him on as a head scout.:texans:

DT, OLB(edge) first round quality, CB, OT, WR, and one more pick. Signed a vet safety day before the draft. What's not to like yea sure it could, would, should of this player instead but they covered needs and I like it all. Now for the UFDAs. Go Texans!

Last edited:
There are several RBs left. I don't know which one tho I'm out of the loop but maybe a diamond in the rough or at least contribute.

I had no clue who "her" was before now but that performance kicked azz!

On ESPN draft tracker best available RBs he would be position ranked 25. I don't know the player just wanted to share that with you. I have heard of his name past few weeks tho that includes that Hasty RB he played down here Baylor last year.

I have mixed reactions to Coulter. He has the tools. But, he has zero experience on special teams. Not a guy you want to send over the middle. Almost 6'2" and 36" vertical. But not really the basketball player type to win on jump balls. Probably won't be active on gamedays as a rookie.

I have mixed reactions to Coulter. He has the tools. But, he has zero experience on special teams. Not a guy you want to send over the middle. Almost 6'2" and 36" vertical. But not really the basketball player type to win on jump balls. Probably won't be active on gamedays as a rookie.
Yeah likely practice squad until he can show some improvement.
Hopefully he can have a light bulb moment.

I’d honestly really like to see us trade Coutee to GB for one of their 6th round picks. We have a logjam in the WR room, and I’d like to capitalize and get some return for him.

Haven't been able to find if Calvin Throckmorton is still on the board or not? Has played every position along the Oline.
Had very high grades from PFF 2018 season - not so sure about 2019.

14 #1 picks have made the HOF.
17 UDFAs have made the HOF.

Sure, UDFAs are a much bigger pool of players, but those are guys who no one thought enough of to draft in the 1st place vs guys who get every advantage in the world to succeed.
Yes and their are plenty RBs for round 7 that are that are ranked there

Well to use your analogy I don't want my point guard going after jump balls but a cornerback that can go 9 foot 2 inches should be successful at least getting into the target area of the catch.

Back