Top 51 - $25.6m remaining
Projected Top 53 after draft picks - $22.4m remaining

Cut:

Chris Clark - $2.75m
Derek Newton - $3.25m
Jeff Allen - $0.70m
Tony Bergstrom - $2.85m
Brandon Weeden - $2.15m

Top 53 after cuts - $34.1m remaining - more if dead money is split between 2017 and 2018

Sign:

John Simon - $3m
Shane Lechler - $1.5m
Nick Novak - $1.0m
Ricky Wagner - $8.0m
Kevin Zeitler - $8.0m
Ryan Fitzpatrick - $3.0m

Top 53 after FA signings - $9.6m remaining

Draft:

1st - Adoree Jackson -USC - CB:
Best athlete in the draft. Biggest issue is over confidence as corner, sometimes bites to hard on fakes. That is easy to fix, I want a conifident corner, easier to coach to be conservative. Would be huge upgrade in return game. Replaces Bouye whose price tag will be too high to keep as a third corner after one year of great play.

2nd - Elijah Qualls - Washington - NT: Wilfork will be gone and Reader played great but we need another rotational NT.

3rd - Adam Bisnowaty - Pitt - OT: Will be swing tackle and future replacement starter

4th - Anthony Walker - Northwestern - ILB: Perfect compliment to McKinney and Cushing. Great coverage LB and tackling machine. Former HS safety.

5th - Jake Butt - Michigan - TE: Best TE in class falls due to injury and deep class

6th - Jon Toth - Kentucky - OC/OG: Projects as a better guard and has versatility to play anywhere from LG to RT

7th - Hunter Renfrow - Clemson - WR: Too slow but this guy always finds a way to get open on 3rd down. We need a creative route runner to help our QB on 3rd downs.

Overall:

- Addresses right side of the O-Line in free agency with players who are familiar with each other from Wisconsin and will be All-Pro caliber from the 1st practice

- Replaces Bouye with a draft pick who could be the biggest steal of the draft

- Adds much needed young depth to O-Line in draft

- Adds coverage linebacker

- Adds value TE

- Adds 3rd down WR

- Adds a 2nd quality NT

- Fails to add a box safety

- If Savage and Oz fail to improve next year, Fitzpatrick is an inexpensive safety net to ensure at least average QB play.

Resulting 53:

Tom Savage
Brock Osweiler
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Lamar Miller
Alfred Blue
Kareem Hunt
Tyler Ervin

DeAndre Hopkins
Will Fuller
Jalen Strong
Braxton Miller
Wendell Williams
Hunter Renfrow

CJ Fiedorowicz
Stephen Anderson
Jake Butt

Jay Prosch

Duane Brown
Ricky Wagner
Adam Bisnowaty
Kendall Lamm

Kevin Zeitler
Xavier Su'a-Filo
Jon Toth

Nick Martin
Greg Mancz

JJ Watt
JD Clowney
DJ Reader
Christian Covington
Joel Heath
Ufomba Kamalu
Elijah Qualls

Whitney Mercilus
Brian Cushing
Benardrick McKinney
John Simon
Anthony Walker
Max Bullough
Brian Peters
Brennan Scarlett

Kareem Jackson
Jonathan Joseph
Kevin Johnson
Adoree Jackson
Robert Nelson
Andre Hal
KJ Dillon
Corey Moore
Eddie Pleasant

Shane Lechler
Nick Novak
John Weeks

This looks like a well thought out plan and you have pretty much hit all the areas of need. Probably the biggest thing I don't like is bringing back "Fitzmagic" and not drafting a young QB to groom. I can live with going with Savage or Osweiler to start the season, and maybe even play the whole season, but bringing back Fitzy and not drafting a QB is like going backwards instead of forwards. We've been there and done that! Just my :twocents:.

Hopkins needs an extension before the rate for WRs gets any higher; looking at around ~$15M now.

I don't think we can just cut Newton unless he can pass a physical, and if reports are true of him probably not playing this year then he won't pass.

I like the moves, but would rather go QB over NT, add a RB and grab a safety, also Texans have two 6th rounders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or why Bill would bring him back, thought they had a falling out?

Don't know why you think Fitz would sign here for only 3 mil

I don't remember the falling out, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Thought Fitzpatrick said he liked Houston. IMO he is in the market to get low 2nd string money. Fitzpatrick bet on himself and lost last year. Houston would be a good opportunity for him, he knows the system and performed pretty well here, at least substantially better than any other O'Brien QBs. In his mind he would think beating out Oz and Savage wouldn't be that difficult, making Houston the most likely place he could come in and start.

Back