Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

19 below 500. Week 13

badboy

Hall of Fame
Just found article and records may have changed. Apathy of fans doesn't surprise but overflowing toilets, overpriced foods at losing venues, recycled coaches, disregard for common sense dealing with players, etc does. Jags player fined for missing flight due to weather grounding plane is just stupid. I would think the NFL as a whole would discipline certain owners for allowing the experience of game watching to deteriorate the NFL overall image.

Want to put butts in the stands.....get rid of the old chess strategy of football and update 2 of my favorite systems.

Introduce a modified full-time No-Huddle Run-N-Shoot Offense that features the new TE's of today that were never available when the RNS was enjoying its heyday. HC can't be concerned with the final scores or the arse-whoopings the team may take due to running up scores.

Re-visit a modified version of the 4-6 Defense that featured blitzes from every angle. Never call the dogs off and let them go all out in the pursuit of becoming the #1 NFL defense.

Bring in a HC and Coordinators who'd be flamboyant in executing their plan of attack to its fullest extent. Have GM who can identify the talent needed to succeed in these systems. Most importantly an owner who doesn't mind coming down from his box and cheering the team on with the fans.

This might get fans into the seats to enjoy one hellava a show. Players just might enjoy this as well. I'd love to see an offense put up 600+ yards in a game or the defense shut an offense down completely to the tune of less than 100 yards in a game.

Yeah, that's my pipe dream...it'd be fun to watch an organization try.

That's a sad article. I remember the 2-14 year. I went to three home games that year (season ticket holder), but was back at the tailgate with friends and free beer and food at halftime. There was no sense in watching that debacle from the stands.
The price of concessions is just ridiculously stupid! No reason for a beer to cost $9 a can. That is well over a 100% mark up.

Want to put butts in the stands.....get rid of the old chess strategy of football and update 2 of my favorite systems.

Introduce a modified full-time No-Huddle Run-N-Shoot Offense that features the new TE's of today that were never available when the RNS was enjoying its heyday. HC can't be concerned with the final scores or the arse-whoopings the team may take due to running up scores.

Re-visit a modified version of the 4-6 Defense that featured blitzes from every angle. Never call the dogs off and let them go all out in the pursuit of becoming the #1 NFL defense.

Bring in a HC and Coordinators who'd be flamboyant in executing their plan of attack to its fullest extent. Have GM who can identify the talent needed to succeed in these systems. Most importantly an owner who doesn't mind coming down from his box and cheering the team on with the fans.

This might get fans into the seats to enjoy one hellava a show. Players just might enjoy this as well. I'd love to see an offense put up 600+ yards in a game or the defense shut an offense down completely to the tune of less than 100 yards in a game.

Yeah, that's my pipe dream...it'd be fun to watch an organization try.

Don't like defense?

It’s not a whole lot better for some teams going to the playoffs. Not only was the Houston/Denver game at NRG about 65% capacity, a good 35-40% or more of the crowd that was there were Broncos fans. The Steelers game a couple of years ago was about 80% Steelers fans.

I can’t make all the games anymore, and sometimes I can’t even give my tickets away.

I really think the NFL is to a point where they’re just pricing everyone out. It’s expensive AF to go to a single game, let alone have season tickets. Mine have almost tripled since 2002. And after this year’s division title, they’re sure to go up again next year.

And though I love the live at a game experience, I’ve gotta admit that the games I do miss now and watch on my tv in a comfortable chair with cheap beer, cheap food, and no bathroom line, is hard to beat.

Back