Zach Ertz, TE Stanford -- 1st round prospect

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Playoffs, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Excepts from Rotoworld's Evan Silva's Zach Ertz, Fluid Mover - February 12, 2013

read the complete article here: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/42519/321/zach-ertz-fluid-mover

[IMGwidthsize=400]http://www.stanforddaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/SPO.010813.fb2_1.jpg[/IMG]

2. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

I don't know a lot about Ertz, but I'm sure he's a very good player with lots of potential and worthy of a 1st round pick. With that said this move only makes sense if we were to cut OD. I know we play a lot of 2 TE sets but Graham really stepped up this past season, so if we kept OD who would sit the bench? I like the idea of a TE in this draft but I'm thinking someone like Michael Williams or Nick Kasa in the 4th or 5th round, a blocking TE that can still catch the ball.

3. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Ertz is a superb TE, but I really think we could add similar playmaking ability just by finally moving Casey from FB to TE where I think he could be a a great target and playmaker.

4. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

I really like Ertz and wish the Texans would take him, but I don't think they go that route in the 1st. My guess is they go WR, OLB, or ILB. I do hope they take a big TE at least in the mid rounds somewhere. This looks like a good draft for the bigger TE's like Fauria, Kelce, Sims, Williams, etc...