Z: Texans game ball goes to center Chris Meyers

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by J-Russ, Nov 24, 2008.

1. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/2008/11/texans_game_ball_goes_to_youll_1.html

2. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I did notice surprisingly large holes for the backs up the gut. More than usual, for sure

3. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

If memory serves, we were having the same types of thoughts after the Bengals game. Let's see what happens next week with Jacksonville, whom we should beat. Then on the road to Green Bay and home against the Titans.

So far this year all the Texans have shown is an ability to beat other bad teams.

4. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

The Dolphins are at least respectable this year. Although a few of those W's are thanks to the Wildcat.

5. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

That was a good observation on Lance's part. He pretty much kept Rogers out of the backfield. Good game to Meyers and I do hope Kubiak will address Meyers play in Monday's press conference.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Meyers had a good game .... But he sure didnt stop Rogers on his own , he had a lot of help from both Pitts and Brisel. I think the OL had a good scheme in place for this game.

7. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

Slightly off-topic but yesterday when I watched the game the first time (live on TV) I wanted to make a special effort to watch Amobi. I literally had zero success finding him before the plays started because of the camera work, that was one of the worst jobs on an NFL game I can remember. The glare from the sun on the back of our unis didn't help either but I put in the recording of the Colts game from the week before and compared them, its like the Cleveland game was filmed from the friggin moon. Props to LZ for going through the trouble because I'm sure there was a lot of squinting and cussing involved. I really can't wait for MNF, I love how the national games do the camera and really get up close and personal.

8. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

He had absolute zero pass rush. On one play, he managed to move the center a foot and literally didn't move him any more, while the rest of the line rushed the QB

9. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

Funny I was going to start a credit where credit is due thread. Myers was going to be the topic of conversation. I thought for as much criticism as he gets here (myself included)he should at least get props when he plays well. He had a very good game. If he played like that every week we wouldnt have to worry about the Center position for a long time. Who knows maybe hes turned the corner. He has 5 more games to prove us all wrong. I hope he does it!

10. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

I noticed this too. It was driving me crazy. Horrible camera work.

11. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

It appeared to me that in the ZBS shift, he was virtually never face up with Rogers.........that privilege seemed to be placed right on Pitts mostly, and Brisel sometimes.

12. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    I noticed the ridiculous amount of technical errors from CBS. Maybe it wasn't them, maybe just my TV....but i doubt it. Maybe it was the cold?

So what you're telling me is they....gameplanned to hide a weakness?

Crazy.

13. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

I am stunned.

What a F'in concept.

Wow!