Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Your pick for NFL player to Texans

Earl Campbell, see xtru's avatar if you wonder why I choose him. lol:cool:

Seriously though, I'd go with LT. He can make a bad Oline look good.

Everyone has already made most of the reasonable points about QBs and LTs, so I'll just make a few observations.
These aren't necessarily the first guys I would pick... most of them have already been mentioned.

If I'm choosing a QB, I might take Brady over Manning just because it's well known that to beat Manning, you have to pressure him, and I think Brady would do better with our still mostly average or below average OL. Not to mention the less that stellar WRs outside of AJ.

Shawn Merriman is arguable the most disruptive defensive player in the league, and I'd like to see what he could do in Steel Blue.
I just don't know how he'd fit our scheme.

Larry Johnson would be a guy who I'd like to see here on Sundays.
The guy is a beast and a north/south runner.

I wouldn't mind seeing Steve Smith opposite of AJ.
AJ would be the fox, and Smith the rabbit.

A couple of others that I wouldn't mind seeing come here (I believe both would play the role of the fox...)

becca3_calendar06_300.jpg

adrienneSTL04_01.jpg

Name the one active NFL player that you would like to see on our team. Forget contracts, money, cap, etc. Pick must be at players current age, skills, health, etc.

Marcus McNeil.

I am sure someone will have said this. I wanted to respond BEFORE reading other thoughts, so my first gut reaction is documented.

Best,
Rick

Marcus McNeil.

I am sure someone will have said this. I wanted to respond BEFORE reading other thoughts, so my first gut reaction is documented.

Best,
Rick

OK, so I have read everyone's thoughts. I can see the attraction to an RB the talent of Tomlinson. I still think I am going to stick with the OLT position, and of those out there, at their present age/health/etc (as per the rules of the thought experiment), I am going to stick with McNeil.

Other thoughts, not necessarily directly answering the question, but related. Besides OLT, I think CB2 and FS are the biggest position needs of the Texans. Probably why we saw shouts from Ed Reed and Champ Bailey.

Good question. Thanks for it.

OH -- and can I just say --- it is next to impossible to find time to post with a newborn at home. Holy cow. I went from "hey, i like this message board, i'm going to post" to "yeah, i think i'm going to prioritize sleep over posting." Anyway, the kid has the sleeping thing wired tight now, so I can structure my time a bit better.

Best,
Rick

i'm willing to make a trade

The Texans Get:The Colts players
The Colts Get:The Texans players and 12 future first round picks

i'm willing to make a trade

The Texans Get:The Colts players
The Colts Get:The Texans players and 12 future first round picks
If I was the Colts, I'd take that trade. Getting this Texans team +the Texans' 12 first round picks+ the Colts 12 1st round picks would be sweet. With the two first round selections in 2008, I'd select a free safety and either a OLT (if needed) or a #2 receiver. The cap space next off season should allow the Colts (Texans) to pick up at least two quality starters in free agency.

Everyone has already made most of the reasonable points about QBs and LTs, so I'll just make a few observations.
These aren't necessarily the first guys I would pick... most of them have already been mentioned.

If I'm choosing a QB, I might take Brady over Manning just because it's well known that to beat Manning, you have to pressure him, and I think Brady would do better with our still mostly average or below average OL. Not to mention the less that stellar WRs outside of AJ.

Shawn Merriman is arguable the most disruptive defensive player in the league, and I'd like to see what he could do in Steel Blue.
I just don't know how he'd fit our scheme.

Larry Johnson would be a guy who I'd like to see here on Sundays.
The guy is a beast and a north/south runner.

I wouldn't mind seeing Steve Smith opposite of AJ.
AJ would be the fox, and Smith the rabbit.

A couple of others that I wouldn't mind seeing come here (I believe both would play the role of the fox...)

becca3_calendar06_300.jpg

adrienneSTL04_01.jpg

Have I ever mentioned how much I like yellow and a tan?

Back