Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Your pick for NFL player to Texans

badboy

Hall of Fame
Name the one active NFL player that you would like to see on our team. Forget contracts, money, cap, etc. Pick must be at players current age, skills, health, etc.

As much as it pains me to say this: Payton Manning... For two reasons, he's obviously one of the best QB's today and we would be taking him from a in-division team.. Two birds with one stone.

Can I pick two??? Please!!

LT for obvious reasons!! How neat would it be to see some consistency at RB.

Marvin Harrison!! Want a duo he and AJ would make!!

like him or hate him, it HAS to be tom brady.. he can do it without loads of talent (which is why i always rate him above peyton)

Gotta go with Mr. Bunchden himself...

Tom Cat...

Cool daddy...

Mr. Brady....

My favorite player in the leauge...

It's not real sexy, but Marcus McNeil. Young, franchise-type LT to anchor the line. I'm a big Chester fan, but c'mon.

It's not real sexy, but Marcus McNeil.
Maybe not the sexiest pick, but the right answer Drewmar74 ! Well really the right answer is the leagues best LT now and for the future whoever that is, be it McNeil or D'Brick or Joe Thomas or whoever.

Julius Peppers

I'll second this motion. Even though we've spent so much on the DLine in the last couple years, we still don't have a real good DE opposite Mario and could probably use help elsewhere a little more. However, can you imagine Mario Williams rushing the passer off the weak side with Julius Peppers rushing around the strongside edge? As a bonus, Peppers is pretty young still and has several good years left in him (as opposed to some other players like Peyton). Manning, Brady, LT, Ed Reed or Champ Bailey would all be very nice as well.

Peyton Manning. QB is the most important position on the field and Peyton is arguably the best QB in the NFL.

My problem with Peyton Manning is that I don't think he can function in any offense...I think he needs certain kind of plays with certain kind of recievers...Not saying that there is anything wrong with that, but I see Brady as a guy who by himself gives your offense credibility. I think Peyton Manning wouldn't be as good with our recievers/Oline...I think him and A.J and maybe Daniels would connect, but I feel like we don't have the personel, from the RB's to the O-line to the recieving targets for Peton Manning to have an elite impact...JMO....

I see Brady as a guy who can step into any offense and give you the feeling that he's going to be in control and lead that offense steadily on respectful drives. JMO. And my argument against Peppers is that I don't think that he has the impact that a QB like Brady would have on the whole team. I think LT is definitely a candidate, but in the end I just don't really see a single player that gives a whole team credibility in any situation like Tom Cat.....JMHO....

My problem with Peyton Manning is that I don't think he can function in any offense...I think he needs certain kind of plays with certain kind of recievers...Not saying that there is anything wrong with that, but I see Brady as a guy who by himself gives your offense credibility. I think Peyton Manning wouldn't be as good with our recievers/Oline...I think him and A.J and maybe Daniels would connect, but I feel like we don't have the personel, from the RB's to the O-line to the recieving targets for Peton Manning to have an elite impact...JMO....

I see Brady as a guy who can step into any offense and give you the feeling that he's going to be in control and lead that offense steadily on respectful drives. JMO. And my argument against Peppers is that I don't think that he has the impact that a QB like Brady would have on the whole team. I think LT is definitely a candidate, but in the end I just don't really see a single player that gives a whole team credibility in any situation like Tom Cat.....JMHO....

walter jones

walter_jones_AndyLyons.jpg

If I went defense it would be Ed Reed. If I went offense it would be Marquis Colston.

Demarcus Ware- I think he's the next Charles Haley. Incredible speed, playmaking ability, with strength and agressiveness. I only go with him over Peppers because of age difference

I'm surprised more left tackles were not named, especially due to our lack of ever having a real good one.

An LT was my 2nd choice (very close call), but went with a pass rusher because I think a dominant defensive unit is a work of art (and a bit more able to control a game).

My reasoning for picking LT was because of the potential that we have at other positions.

Not to say that the other players mentioned wouldn't be improvements over what we have now. Rather, the talent differential seems to be greatest between our current players and some of the league's best performers at LT.

I'd say the talent gap was equally great with our safeties and CB2 position so I wouldn't argue with that either.

Just my .02

I'm surprised more left tackles were not named, especially due to our lack of ever having a real good one.

Well, as a proponent of getting a good LT, I almost mentioned one. I didn't though, because we're kind of in limbo with the LT position, insofar as superstars go, right now. Pace, Jones, and Ogden have generally been regarded as the best three LTs over the past decade. There are a couple more that merit mention as well. They are all getting up there in years, though. Any of thsoe three from 6 years ago, and it's a no-brainer decision to me. Levi Jones, is forging a nice career for himself, and I have a good feeling about McNeil and Ferguson, as well. But they have yet to really prove it at a very high level, so we'll have to see.

Our other big area of concern is secondary, and Ed Reed is the one guy that would make an instant impact there, IMO. So that's why I chose him.

I was going to name an LT, but I find myself monotonous.

Hmmm some day huh ? Got a prety fair LG one player away from having a dominate left side. I'm wondering how ordinary the Steelers running game is going to look with out Fanaca on the left side this season ? Jones was good, but not as good without Huchtinson. I think with or with out the left tackle, Ladanian would loook good in anyones uniform.

Like the Tommy Harris pick also. Bears defense looked prety ordinary once he went down last year.

Back