Your Favorite Running Back.....

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by thunderkyss, May 26, 2006.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

For this excercise, let's list our favorite running back. tell us why he's your favorite, and describe his running style...

Me, right now, my favorite running back is Ricky Williams....... I know.... I know.... dudes not right in the head.... and his priorities way the f@#k out there. But when he straps that helmet on, and you give him the ball. He's tough..... He's a north south runner, with power to move mountains, and he's got enough speed that most guys won't try to catch him.

IMHO, he is a bigger, faster, stronger Eddie George..... when I think of a running back, that's what I want.... a young Eddie George, a blue collar running back.

2. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

LT. Size, speed, power and great hands. Total package running back that performed behind a weak o-line and on teams with little talent around him.

3. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I am assuming favorite of all time?

Earl Campbell-tough tough tough no b/s runner that would punish the defender for even daring to touch him

Jim Brown-Did things with the football that was unheard of in his time and in a shorter game schedule. Pioneer of sorts. He is deffinetly the man.

Ricky Williams-Same style of runner as campbell. That is probably why he needs the dope, have you seen campbell lately? He is in constant pain and last I heard was in a wheel chair b/c of his knees.

Bettis-In his prime fast, agile, and hit you like a Mack truck.

Bo Jackson-loved watching him move. Could score at any point in time.

DD-scrappy, mobile, legs always pumping, great hands, mental toughness.

that is what i can think of right now

4. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

all-time: robert smith. now: ronnie brown.

5. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I second this motion if we're talking about current RBs. He has great size, speed, power, and hands, he is probably the best allround RB in the league, Shaun Alexander may be a better pure runner, and Larry Johnson is quickly on the rise.

If you're talking all-time then you have to go with Walter Payton for the same qualities as LT and Barry Sanders as the most exciting and productive runner (3rd in total career yards, easily #1 in yards per season with over 1500 yards per year) and playing on so many bad teams where he was the only option.

6. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Plus, he works harder than most, if not all, players in the NFL team. He isn't good because he is a great talent, he is great because he works to be great.0

7. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

All-time

Earl Campbell- great mix of size, power and speed.

Eric Dickerson- love of fluidly he ran.

Current

Shawn Alexander- Just score TD's, don't think he gets enough credit.

8. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I like Larry Johnson, and have since his days in college. I also like McGahee, and have since college.

I hate Bettis with a passion as far as a player, but respect him besides that.

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I think you forgot something Ms. Cleo.

10. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

LaDainian

11. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

no, i just didn't care to go any further.

12. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

All-time: Earl Campbell

Now: LT, but need to keep an eye on Larry Johnson for a full season.

13. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

All time would be Emmitt because I was there when he was a rookie and I know how hard he worked, how good he was and how competitive he was.

I saw Walter once and he was fantastic. Just awesome.

Now I'd have to say Tomlinson or Priest Holmes. Texas connections of course.

14. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

In my lifetime... Barry Sanders. He was fluid and avoid hits. He made every play spectacular. The amazing thing is that while he had quickness and startup speed, he didn't have breakaway speed. I bet he will forever hold the record for most 50+ yard runs that didn't result in a TD.

As for right now, I don't have a favorite one. I liked Marshall Faulk about 5 years ago. He could do it all. There isn't a back that stands out above the rest for me right now (LJ, LT, and Bush look like candidates though).

15. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Thanks guys...... lots of good posts....

I really enjoyed the extra mile some of you went, with explaning your picks.

16. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

Cadillac Williams- He runs HARD every play, and has the skill set to take it to the house every time he touches it. Dude is a workhorse

17. colts18288

colts18288 Rookie

All time Barry Sanders, Ankle breakin stops, turn on a dime and give 9 cents back. Could have had all the records but walked away in his prime. Played behind the worst line any HOF running back ever has.IMHO. Put him behind the line Emmitt Smith had and :francis:

Now LJ Kansas City, crushes tacklers and got some speed for a big man. Sure wouldnt want to be a D.B. and see that running at me.

18. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

im also a LT and LJ fan- and the 'top' rb's i dont like (overrated imo) are alexander and james....

but my favourite rb is Clinton Portis- much like what DD was to us last year(main offence) except better and hell can he pass-block...just shows alot of heart and has skill aswell.

19. TwinSisters

TwinSisters Hall of Fame

Right now : Reggie Bush

Style : don't know. it's a mystery and mystery is good. All you know is that a storm is coming, the sheep are baaing, and the funnel clouds are forming.

Whether it turns into a full blown tornado or just night of pattering rain is anybody's guess.

20. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I believe only the Virtual Reggie will be playing, on Xbox and PS, until a contract is signed in the NFL by Reggie Bush.