Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Young to Houston, Carr to the Raiders?

hes supposedly high on Bush too though.

Im not AGAINST drafting Bush.. i mean if Bush could be our Portis or Davis..that will really give us a jump start towards contention..

but im leaning towards a trade down, grabbing some defense.. and seeing what we can do with Davis, Wells, and Morency.

Al Davis probably first suggested we give up Carr and a second rounder. They must think Charlie's a chump after last year.

Glacier said:
...if he stays healthy...

If he stays healthy it will be the first time he's ever stayed healthy since, I don't know...ever?

I'd pick a slightly more likely "if" if I were you.

robwoody said:
The way I see it we don't officially need a QB or RB. We need solid leadership. Casserly should have been the first FIRED!!!

here here....

I'm a big VY supporter but, even I am not so dense as to think that houston NEEDS VY. I also recognize that houston has some VERY solid talent at the RB position (wish the Bush supports would show some respect for a very good RB in Dominack Davis. Hell Send DD to Dallas. We will put him to good use.) ;)

I would love to have Vince and I think this deal would be amazing if we could pull it off. The problem is...Casserly wont trade David because if he does he is admitting that he was wrong when he drafted him which would put his job at stake sooner than later. If David is a bust farther down the line then we will fire him but he still got a few more years out of the deal. It's hard to admit that you are wrong and if we trade David that is essentially what he is doing.

Glacier said:
here here....

I'm a big VY supporter but, even I am not so dense as to think that houston NEEDS VY. I also recognize that houston has some VERY solid talent at the RB position (wish the Bush supports would show some respect for a very good RB in Dominack Davis. Hell Send DD to Dallas. We will put him to good use.) ;)

I don't think people disrespect him but they know he is constantly banged up and he is not a homerun hitter. I mean honestly, Wells looked just as good this year at times so it isn't like he is a "special" back. By the way, being a Dallas fan who moved here in 1993 and who wants the Texans to do well, DD would be always injured in a Parcells offense.

HoustonFrog said:
DD would be always injured in a Parcells offense.

DD wouldn't get 20 touches in a Parcells offense. He might get 10-15 touches between Julius Jones and Barber. That would keep him fresh and hopefully uninjured. I just like the player. He has been one of the few bright spots on the Texans Team, again, "when he is healthy"

David Carr is not a leader at all for this organization.Vince Young will lead this offense,this team to more bigger victories than Carr ever did.
David Carr was a show boat all season long.He is not a good thrower,he makes bad decisions.We need a QB that is going to dominate the field and run when under pressure,Vince Young is our man.
This Texans organization can not let this pass,if they do McNair and Casserly will kick themselves in the head for such a great loss.
Get rid of Carr and get Young he will make much more improvements for this team.

Rosusu said:
I would love to have Vince and I think this deal would be amazing if we could pull it off. The problem is...Casserly wont trade David because if he does he is admitting that he was wrong when he drafted him which would put his job at stake sooner than later. If David is a bust farther down the line then we will fire him but he still got a few more years out of the deal. It's hard to admit that you are wrong and if we trade David that is essentially what he is doing.

for some reason, all the other mistakes don't mean anything?? He could be wrong a hundred times over, but hit on David Carr 8 years later, and the man would be viewed as a genius?? I don't know about that.

HoustonFrog said:
I don't think people disrespect him but they know he is constantly banged up and he is not a homerun hitter. I mean honestly, Wells looked just as good this year at times so it isn't like he is a "special" back. By the way, being a Dallas fan who moved here in 1993 and who wants the Texans to do well, DD would be always injured in a Parcells offense.

You only say that, because Dallas' main guy is always hurt.

Texan_X said:
David Carr is not a leader at all for this organization.Vince Young will lead this offense,this team to more bigger victories than Carr ever did.
David Carr was a show boat all season long.He is not a good thrower,he makes bad decisions.We need a QB that is going to dominate the field and run when under pressure,Vince Young is our man.
This Texans organization can not let this pass,if they do McNair and Casserly will kick themselves in the head for such a great loss.
Get rid of Carr and get Young he will make much more improvements for this team.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you're not really helping our cause. You're going to find it hard to find anyone to substantiate your "David was a showboat, David can't throw" arguments... The bad decision argument, they pass off to the OLine.

But the facts are the facts.... We've all seen Great Quarterbacks play behind bad Offensive lines. We know what a great Quarterback can/will do. Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham, Dan Marino. Heck, give those guys poor lines, and poor recievers, and they'll still put up some insane numbers... people around the country would be like.... did you see so & so... if only they'd put a team around him...

Carr is not those guys. He'll never accomplish what they've accomplished. He might be a Drew Bledsoe... who I think is very close to those guys, but not quite. Maybe we can draft Vince, let him play 3 games in 2006, then come 2007, take us to the SuperBowl, kinda like Brady did for NewEngland :yahoo:

TEXANS84 said:
He went to college at Fresno State, near Oakland.

Well from folks in Texas 180 miles may seem close, but I am not sure that is the normal definition or one which builds any particular affection. Carr is a So-Cal guy. There is a fairly significant So-Cal vs. No-Cal schism in California.

infantrycak said:
Well from folks in Texas 180 miles may seem close, but I am not sure that is the normal definition or one which builds any particular affection. Carr is a So-Cal guy. There is a fairly significant So-Cal vs. No-Cal schism in California.

Fresno is No-Cal. I think DC is from Bakersfield, which would be considered So-Cal.

Jack Bauer said:
Fresno is No-Cal. I think DC is from Bakersfield, which would be considered So-Cal.

Which is why I said he was a So-Cal guy. In any event, Oakland is not particularly thought of with fondness by anyone not from Oakland and not even by a lot of those folks. There is no reason to link Carr and Oakland.

infantrycak said:
Which is why I said he was a So-Cal guy. In any event, Oakland is not particularly thought of with fondness by anyone not from Oakland and not even by a lot of those folks. There is no reason to link Carr and Oakland.

Your original comment was related to where Fresno State was located; hence my response.

Everyone knows that the true HC of Oakland is Al Davis. The guy is a football guy, but he does not understand micromanagement. It will be interesting to see who come in there with the talent base it is an attractive job, with the upper management it sucks. I think Martz may get a run there eventhough those two egos together would cause nothing but fireworks.

Jack Bauer said:
Your original comment was related to where Fresno State was located; hence my response.

Those little dots followed by breaks and then words started with capitals are periods. They designate the end of one sentence/idea and the beginning of another. :rolleyes:

This may be old news - but I heard on Cold Pizza that the Raiders may be interested in Dante Culpepper. Apparently the Vikes are shopping him around...

infantrycak said:
Those little dots followed by breaks and then words started with capitals are periods. They designate the end of one sentence/idea and the beginning of another. :rolleyes:

:challenge I guess I have to spell it out. This is the part of the quote I was referring to:

infantrycak said:
Well from folks in Texas 180 miles may seem close, but I am not sure that is the normal definition or one which builds any particular affection.

I was NOT referring to your assertion that Carr is a So-Cal guy. Follow your own rules about dots and such. You were referring to Fresno in this sentence. If you want to discuss grammar, then we will. If you wanted to discuss something outside of the context of Fresno, you should have started a new paragraph. ;)

Back