You would think they would know our name--

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by utahmark, Jan 7, 2012.

1. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/...ls-fall-apart-second-half-blown-out-by-Texans

The ninth-year receiver and longest-tenured player with the Titans, who did not play in the first game due to a hamstring injury, had five receptions for 90 yards, including a 40-yard touchdown where he put a double move on Adam Jones to put the Texans up 24-10. Earlier in the drive, Crocker missed a chance to swing momentum back to the Bengals when he couldnÂ’t come up with an interception after being wide open.

-- oh well, maybe they will learn it before next year.

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

The announcers on tv called Schaub Schoob .... three times. :pop:

3. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

That was pathetic.

4. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

I heard that.... Oh well, Schoob and the Titans gonna shock the world!

5. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Think I'm glad I went to the bar for this one then. LOL

Though I was the only Texans fan there. No surprise. :spin: Only a couple Bengals fans though.

6. Texas T

Texas T Hall of Fame

It took me a second to figure out who they were talking about (actually when they showed him on the screen). You'd think that they would get names right in a playoff game. Oh well...

7. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Schoob? Who cares. The only name they need to be talking about right now is TJ Yates.

8. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

If Schaub were throwing the ball, it would've been 31-10 by halftime. There IS a difference. I'm rooting as hard as anyone for the rook, but those are the facts.

9. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Ridiculous to call battle red predictions a fact. I also would much much rather have Schoob out there but he's not throwing the ball. Yates is and THAT'S a fact. Harping on the mis-pronouncation of a player who hasn't played in 2 months is misguided at best.

What upset me most was the way they kept dismissing our defensive plays as if Dalton made a mistake rather than being beastly plays such as Watt's pick-6 and the Manning int. The lack of performance credit is what should bother us, not the pronouncation of Schoob.

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Eh , the announcers said point blank that the Texans defensive front was controlling the game when they showed a shot of Watt and Antonio Smith on the sidelines - also gave Smith a heap of credit for making many of the plays others made possible.

utahmark likes this.
  11. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

I did'nt really get that feeling. On the Watt int. they specifically stated that there was'nt anything Dalton did wrong it was just a great play by Watt. Before the game I heard quite a bit about how improved the defense was. I was'nt real happy we got the least attractive time slot but if we keep winning the credit will come. I doubt if they will change the time slot of the superbowl to keep us out of the prime time slot.

To be honest I could care less if we get the credit or not it's interesting to note when we don't get credit or someone does'nt get our name right but ultimately it does'nt change my exitement level for this team one bit.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  12. amazing80

amazing80 Site Contributor

And the national disrespect continues......hopefully more fuel to our fire for next week, because I am sure EVERYONE will pick Baltimore in a landslide.

13. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Not exactly. The Watt pick-6 was dismissed as a Dalton mistake until the halftime show. It was then that they gave Watt the proper credit.