You thought my 13-3 was crazy, try this!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Ibar_Harry, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

"Those sleepy eyes open and give you a peek inside.

"Just catch enough footballs to turn this whole thing around," he said.

Two-14 to 14-2? The Total Opposite.

That's the Texans' T.O. That's Andre Johnson."

These are AJ's thoughts and he's also thinking playoffs. I keep saying watch out for this year's Texans. They are going to surprise a whole lot of people. Our receivers may well terrorize the league. I keep saying its going to be a special year and I truely believe that. The momentum is growing and it really looks good. I can't wait to see what we do against KC. We are going to get a taste of what our offense and defense will be. They won't show a lot, but we will still get an idea.

2. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Where is that from?

3. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

CHRONICLE

4. touttail

touttail All Pro

I think this is way far fetched (14-2), but .500 doesn't seem unrealistic with the calibre of players we have!

Bobby 119C:cowboy1:

5. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

.500 will be possible if we get the right breaks, but past that these predictions are just wild.

6. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

I think the breaks we will need will be early on, as in no major losses due to injury. beyond that, it all comes down to how the team gels, how the o-line gels and the rookies develop. that I dont think is luck. a player, or a team, it doesnt matter, either you step it up or you settle for what fate hands you. I think alot is possible from this team, if we make it to the halfway point with 3 wins and no major injuries, and the team and the rookies develop in the system we could win 6 of the last 8, best case in my oppinion, 9-7 possibly 10-6. i'll just hope for that and enjoy the season.

7. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

8. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

If that happens....wow. But a 7 win season to me would be right, being that just 2 years ago, they had 7, so no reason to say 7 is not obtainable, since this is a better core of players, coaching....barring the injury bug, 7 wins is good.

9. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

I am just happy to read one of the Texans believes we will have a winning season. It seems far-fetched, but it gives me hope that they will finish at or above .500 this year.

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

How many games did we lose last year, because we held the ball?? because of poor offensive playcalling?? because we relied on our non-existent D to get some stops??

I'd say we lost 14 games last year because of that........ had we opened up the playcalling, thrown the ball a little more, been a little more aggressive... we'd have won at least 10 of those 14 games.

Call me a dreamer....... say I'm unrealistic...... but I see no reason to believe we can't win 13 games this year...

11. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Maybe my reading comprehension is a little low, but I didn't see anywhere in the article where Andre predicted 14-2. That looked like a Blinebury statement to go with his (yuck) T.O. hook.

12. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

You're an unrealistic dreamer thunderkyss but I give you props for enthusiasm and optimism.

Being a little more of a pessimist than you I think we probably lost between 6-8 games last year because we held the ball, poor offensive play calling and relying on our non-existent D to get some stops.

Of course that means I think the Texans talent level was more like 8-8 to 10-6 and that means we're on the same page.

13. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I wish I could believe it. Seems like teams that win 13 end up going to the conference championship.

Too many changes, still too many holes, too tough of a schedule....I think we'll be lucky to get to .500.

14. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

I'd love to think that the Texans players are going into this season thinking they can go 14-2. That's the right attitude to have. In the past it felt like the players and coaches went into the season hoping for a couple wins more than the previous year. Maybe even shooting for .500 if they are thinking crazy. Go into it thinking you will win every game and you just might find out you will win more than you would if you go into it thinking you might lose.

thunderkyss likes this.
  15. jagibelieve

jagibelieve Veteran

I somewhat agree with you. Prior to last season, I would have thought you guys would have been at least 8-8. 2-14 was actually a big suprise for me.

That being said, let me comment about the article. The guy has all of the tools, a good attitude, good work ethic, and he seems to have all of the physical attributes to be a great receiver.

The thing is, I think you guys will really reach .500 this season, and that should be the first (of many) goals for this team. I think that goal is realistic, but won't come easy, especially in the first season under new coaching and a new system. Anything better than .500 is gravy for this team, at this point.

16. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

My early take is between 6-8 wins, but if the injuries keep piling up, it might be more like 5. As for the article, that is a bit of wordplay and hperbole, and in no way is an authentic prediction, unlike HarryJ and Thunderkyss, the resident glass 99% full members.

17. TexansTailg8r

TexansTailg8r Veteran

I'm with Thunderkyss and Hervoyel on this one. As much attention as it HAS received, I still don't think MOST people realize truly how bad our coaching/play calling really was. In my opinion that caused an 8 game swing for us last season. Sure, the additions of Mario, Moulds, Ryans and Weaver are going to be huge, and are cause for high hopes alone, but this coaching change is going to be the big difference maker. It's a total revamp of attitude, leadership, expectations, and accountability....every ingrediant a growing team needs. TK hit it right, may start a little slow, but watch out for this team down the stretch. It's going to be fun to watch.

18. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Good I said 10 or 11 wins, Why, why is it so hard to think we cant.

We got the players and most of our young talent is entering their 5 or 4 year, we got the players NOBODY can deny the talent we got, NOW we got a group of coaches that will put it all together and make every player better.

I am with Dre, when a soft spoken guy like that says something like that, you know it is for real, now just go out and do it.

This is not the same team and coaching staff we had last year, Just like Moulds said "Not going to be the same Texans".

19. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

I love the unfettered explosion of optimism, but honestly, we've got a hellacious schedule, and for all intents and purposes, we are still a young team; a lot of new guys and rookies getting time, and everyone learning the new system. I think 10+ wins is certainly possible, but I think we will finish 8-8 or so. As much as we do have legitimate talent and coaching now, football is still a "game of inches" -- and I'm not sure we have quite the precision we'll need for this 13-3 stuff.

Still, gotta love that Andre Johnson is the guy going on record with this stuff.

20. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

Optimism is always a good thing, but 14-2 is borderline insane. No offense but its not going to happen. The Titans and Texans are looking ahead to at best: 8-8.

I'm not saying you guys can't reach 14-2 in the next few years, but it's just not happening this year.

If you guys do go 14-2 one year, make sure those 2 losses are to the Titans.:spy: