Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

You talk about a team making a Msg. Board's attitude change...

LOL man,it was like a different team came out in the 2nd half...what a win by the texans!! Sweeping the Titans feels damn good. That Dominick Davis run might give him his confidence back hopefully...good win by the boys 2day.

Things I noticed 2day...

~~~> The Texans 2nd half defense was superb in the 2nd half,forcing 2 turnovers (especially the Strip by Gary Walker on McNair,with the ball tucked away)

~~~> Peek came through in the clutch on some pressure,including that forced fumble.

~~~> On some of the short dump offs,the downfield blocking was lovely.

~~~> THEY FINALLY GOT BILLY MILLER INVOLVED IN THE FLOW OF THE OFFENSE (sorry caps,but I cant stress that enough)

~~~> TEN blocked 41-yard field goal attempt by K. Brown. M. Waddell returned for 20 yards<<<<This play here,had me scared,WHOEVER tackled him,should get a game ball,lol.

~~~> The O-Line came to play 2day(especially the 2nd half),making excellent blocks with the run and good pass protection.

~~~> The Texans won...AND THE TITANS DIDNT!!!

31-21 win is nice,on to NY to play the J-E-T-S JETS,gotta be on our a-game,especially the Run Defense.

-Tha Shark

Yeah peoples posts gradually started to change as the game went on good turnaround on both sides of the ball that second half.

Peek came through in the clutch on some pressure,including that forced fumble.

nfl1a00_lower.jpg

Really nice to see players stepping it up again. Peek, Wells, Miller .. and kudos to the coaching staff for getting Starling back in there.

ThaShark316 said:
~~~> TEN blocked 41-yard field goal attempt by K. Brown. M. Waddell returned for 20 yards<<<<This play here,had me scared,WHOEVER tackled him,should get a game ball,lol.

-Tha Shark

That was Chester Pitts with the tackle, and he flung Waddell out of bounds like he was angry.

i read this at the bottom of the CBS recap.

Titans receiver Derrick Mason was critical of the battered natural grass turf at Reliant Stadium. "That's probably the worse surface I've played on in the NFL," Mason said. "That was like playing on dirt."

everytime we win the game, the other team finds something to complain about. :loser

i was getting real upset with carr, alot of the times on the sack it looked like he just fell down. peek played great, babin looked good on some run plays. our defense has the ability to be a great. we are on the way if we continue to play like we did in the 2nd half.

I'm voiceless as well. One thing I noticed about the game today was that the crowd seemed very affected by the recent losing streak. At the start of the game it was almost like the fans were waiting for the Texans to show them something before really cheering their butts off. It just seemed kind of "creepy calm" during the first half. I had a weird feeling as the game started to spiral out of control before the half and thought Reliant didn't feel like itself. I reminded me of Vinny's comment in another thread about having a bad feeling about this game. I started thinking "Maybe Vinny was on to something there".

When the Texans started coming back after the break the fans seemed to come alive (as I guess you would expect) and by the end of the game the place was rocking. I was pretty surprised at the beginning of the game though. Anyone else think this one started out kind of funny?

Funny strange, not funny "Ha-Ha".

Hervoyel said:
I was pretty surprised at the beginning of the game though. Anyone else think this one started out kind of funny?

Yep! I've NEVER heard the Bull Pen that quiet. I usually start yelling to get people "into the game" at about 24-25 sec. left on the play clock when we're on Defense. Usually, I've got voices joining me by 19 sec.........today I wasn't getting anyone around me motivated in the 1st half AT ALL! It wasn't just visiting fans or ticketmaster travelers either....many of the regulars just didn't seem to "get into it". I tell ya, it was CREEPY!

I really think the fans felt 'hurt' after the Texans last three efforts (or lack thereof) and weren't going to give their heart unless the team showed some life. The first two offensive series from the Titans didn't help that any.

Yeah, Today was a great game for all of us! We really played great and i was yelling at the TV on and off! For good and bad calls or plays! It has made my day that both of my top teams won this weekend. I hope this starts a new streak. Us to keep winning!

At the start of the game it was almost like the fans were waiting for the Texans to show them something before really cheering their butts off.
That first hot-knife-through-butter drive by the Titans didn't help, plus the Carr interception two plays into the first drive - then the quick #2 titans TD....

My early game notes were "I thought the boo birds would be out for the offense, not the defense," and "Battle Red is Dead," but luckily the team woke up and gave us something to cheer about.

I was so p*ssed sitting there at 21-3. I thought we were on our way to another Denver or Indy, but thankfully we were playing the Oilers.

The Texans showed a lot of character coming back like they did.

Titans receiver Derrick Mason was critical of the battered natural grass turf at Reliant Stadium. "That's probably the worse surface I've played on in the NFL," Mason said. "That was like playing on dirt."
The south end of the field was green mud - especially between the hashes. It was like that for GB too. Most of the field is shaded now, plus there's been very little sunshine to rotate the trays outside to get them growing. The field is not in good shape and it will probably get worse for the Indy and Cleveland games. I made the comment to my wife late in the game that it looked like rodeo grounds out there.

aj. said:
.. The south end of the field was green mud - especially between the hashes. It was like that for GB too. Most of the field is shaded now, plus there's been very little sunshine to rotate the trays outside to get them growing. The field is not in good shape and it will probably get worse for the Indy and Cleveland games. I made the comment to my wife late in the game that it looked like rodeo grounds out there.
Green mud? Are they watering the field too much, trying to keep that green look? If that's the case, they ought to ease up and not worry so much about the look, but the playing conditions. Numerous times the chunks of grass flying at the last two games was very noticeable.
Although nothing could look as bad as that mud bowl played in NE today in a driving rain!

aj. said:
The south end of the field was green mud - especially between the hashes. It was like that for GB too. Most of the field is shaded now, plus there's been very little sunshine to rotate the trays outside to get them growing. The field is not in good shape and it will probably get worse for the Indy and Cleveland games. I made the comment to my wife late in the game that it looked like rodeo grounds out there.

Personally, i would not do anything to improve the conditions with the Colts coming in 2 weeks. I muddy bad track might slow down that offense the half a beat to give the Texans a chance. :hmmm:

Perhaps it's time to honestly look at an artificial surface and just be done with it. Reliant isn't really what I consider an outdoor stadium anyway. It's more like a giant indoor arena with a sunroof IMO.

The tray system of course could stay so it could easily be removed for the rodeo and other events that might damage it but it should be trays of a modern artificial surface like Field Turf or a similar product. I admire the Texans "no quit" approach to trying to make grass work in Reliant but it's just not in the cards.

After the game McNair is talking retirement. Probably a lot wrong with Tennessee. We need a win and a Jacksonville loss to be tied for 2nd in our conference. It would be bragging rights, but not much else. We could well finish 2nd in our conference and not be in the playoffs.

In fact if we were to beat Indy and someone else beat Indy we could actually be in effect the conference winner, but Indy would have the better record and go to the playoffs. Kind of a strange statistical situation.

The reason I bring that up is that Capers is always talking about conference games. But I got news for everyone, every game is important in the NFL and that includes nonconference games.

I watched part of the game on TV (I was at the Seahawks - Bills game yesterday) and was pleasantly surprised when the Texans won (especially after having been down 21-3).

Speaking of attitude changes, the Titans board went through this as well. Just in the opposite order. They went from downright cockiness to crying and whining and cussing and "fire the" "cut". Your team showed a lot yesterday.

Hervoyel said:
When the Texans started coming back after the break the fans seemed to come alive (as I guess you would expect) and by the end of the game the place was rocking. I was pretty surprised at the beginning of the game though. Anyone else think this one started out kind of funny?

yeah, I agree. There just seemed to be a lot of empty seats and a whole lot of silence in the first half of the game. I thought maybe half the fans were still out of town for Thanksgiving.

We yell from the very first defensive stand until the end, and I think we may have been the only ones in section 520 that wanted to make any noise. We even had some fans turning around looking at us like we were crazy or something. First time that I've gotten the "silent stare" from fellow Texans fans about supporting our defense. Maybe it was hurting their hangover headaches?

And I noticed a real absence of Titans fans this game. During the past couple of years, there have always been quite a bit of Titans jerseys at our home games. But I saw maybe 2-3 yesterday, which is nice. True bandwagon fans, I'm sure they'll make their return during the next winning season for Tennessee. :heh:

I am really glad the Texans won. We needed that one bad. I have to say though I'm still no Palmer fan and I'm still worried about our offense. We played against a defense that was missing a whole lot of starters. The defensive line was missing A. Haynesworth and had 2 rookies starting. The free safety and strong safety were both out. One of their starting cb's was out. Their starting lolb was also out. It should never have been that close with all those players out, on our home turf, and the players we have on offense. Don't jump on me about being negative because I'm not. I'm just cautioning you that this was an injury riddled defense kind of like us last year.

Back