Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

"You take the 3 points and move on"

I think if you're playing Cincinnati & you're moping the floor with them, if you don't get a TD with the three downs you're allotted, you kick the field goal. Makes no sense to "go for it" on 4th down. You're not proving anything other than you couldn't do it in 3.
The issue isn't going for the TD om 4th down. It's getting the TD in the initial 3 downs. BTW, if you are settling for field goals, you are not "mopping the floor" with anyone.
This is certainly an issue. However, I think it's less about trusting Schaub and more about trusting the offensive line. Schaub seldom can take a step drop and have time in the pocket. Since Schaub doesn't have a gun and doesn't run, 3rd and goal beyond the 10 is a very difficult position for this team.
Schaub's sack percentage is similar to Brady's. Schaub is having no more protection problems than any other QB in the playoffs. He just won't or can't pull the trigger in the red zone. And he has zero mobility to make plays out of the pocket. We can run circles around all of the problems, but if Schaub could make more plays, the Texans would score more TDs.

In all honesty, I think not taking this approach cost us the Div game last year. It was very uncharacteristic of Kubiak, imo, to press the issue & try to score quick & fast against Baltimore.

According to Bruschi, it was Schaub pressing, trying to "keep up" with Brady that led to him uncharacteristically throwing that Int when the safe throw was underneath.

Gary-ball built a 20 pt lead on several teams this year, with a little help from the defense, we put 43 on the Ravens.

We need to stop trying to be somebody else, stop "trying" to score points & just play the game. Be the best we can & let the game come to us.

I agree 100%. Matt is not Brady. We have the best chance to win if we do what we do best not try to do what NE can do.

The issue isn't going for the TD om 4th down. It's getting the TD in the initial 3 downs. BTW, if you are settling for field goals, you are not "mopping the floor" with anyone.

Sure we are. Just because they don't have a glass chin doesn't mean we weren't ringing their bell.

there was another thread about eli and matt and this proved it. Matt is all about being safe not making the mistake. Eli is about going big and making the risk.

Sure we are. Just because they don't have a glass chin doesn't mean we weren't ringing their bell.
They scored 19 points. That includes getting a field goal after the defense put them in field goal range. And let's not forget, the offense gave the Bengals their only TD. In reality, the offense produced a net 9 points. Mopping the floor, ringing the bell? I can tell you what this thread needs (other than a reality check):

needs-more-cowbell.jpg

Looks like we only need to kick 12 to 15 FG's to beat the Pats. In order to achieve this we need to start kicking FG's on 1st,2nd, and 3rd downs once we get into range. TDs are unheard of here.

Back