Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

You people need to get a grip.....

prostock101

Mr. Big
I'm amazed at the number of people suggesting that Kubiak needs to be replaced after only one year and 7 games. He basically had to dismantle a very poor team and start over. Did he make some mistakes? Sure. YKW was a big one. But he's made some good moves too. Schaub being one of them. We now have a QB with some great potential and someone we can build around. Thank god we're not staring at a Tavaris Jackson or Byron Leftwich as our starter. If you look around the league at all the crummy QB's out there, we are in great shape for the future. IMO he is easily a top ten guy after only seven starts that could be a top five guy in the future. Our drafts have been much improved over the last regime and I really believe that the Smith/Kubiak tandem will bring in the players we need next year to take this team to the next level. Even Kub admitted before the start of the season that this team was not ready to make the playoffs and I think the early success has blinded a few to the reality of where this team is at.

So....get a grip and enjoy the ride. It will get better.

I'm not acting like he should be replaced.

I know full well what we had before he came aboard.

All I desire is for Kubiak to go with his strength and stop pretending that a few successes early on (Chiefs and Panthers) does not mean that he needs to get cute with the overall strategy: Pass to set up the run.

That's not being overly-demanding (I don't think it is, at least) as a fan.

Remember that the coaches got cute LAST year with putting Mario at different spots on the line for the first few games. Result? Zilch.

But when they finally stopped trying to be brainiacs, and just let him settle in at one spot, what happened? Sacks and pressure on the QB.

Therefore, I suggest Kubiak dance with the one he brought: The pass game.

Not asking for him to go. He can stay as long as this team doesn't implode consistently over the next 2-3 years.

I would say that a lot of the fans you're talking about have not really been around the team or the boards for very long. They have no real sense of Texans history because if they DID...they would know that Kubiak and Rick Smith are leaps and bounds ahead of Capers and Cassserly.

You people need to get a grip.....
How 'bout these?

giger3.jpg

Very spooky & seasonal.

Ya know there probably was someone carving up a "Fire Kubiak" soap bar during Gary's 1st presser as Texans head coach. So, just get a grip for those who have a grip(e) regarding Coach Kubes.

You people who start off headers that begin with the words "you people" generalizations need to realize that usually those threads go seriously wrong.

:cool:

You people who start off headers that begin with the words "you people" generalizations need to realize that usually those threads go seriously wrong.

You're right about that in the general sense, but in this particular case, it doesn't take a big stretch of the imagination to know who he's referring to.

I'm not acting like he should be replaced.

I know full well what we had before he came aboard.

All I desire is for Kubiak to go with his strength and stop pretending that a few successes early on (Chiefs and Panthers) does not mean that he needs to get cute with the overall strategy: Pass to set up the run.

That's not being overly-demanding (I don't think it is, at least) as a fan.

Remember that the coaches got cute LAST year with putting Mario at different spots on the line for the first few games. Result? Zilch.

But when they finally stopped trying to be brainiacs, and just let him settle in at one spot, what happened? Sacks and pressure on the QB.

Therefore, I suggest Kubiak dance with the one he brought: The pass game.

Not asking for him to go. He can stay as long as this team doesn't implode consistently over the next 2-3 years.

I would say that a lot of the fans you're talking about have not really been around the team or the boards for very long. They have no real sense of Texans history because if they DID...they would know that Kubiak and Rick Smith are leaps and bounds ahead of Capers and Cassserly.

I am probably the world's expert at "keeping it in perspective". Having watched Houston football since Blanda was at the helm, I just try to see the big picture. It is maddening to read the tunnel vision induced microdisection of this team by "some" of the posters here. Look around the league and we are not in that bad a position. A lot of talented playoff teams from a year ago are struggling now. The Bears (3-4), Bengals (2-4), Jets (1-6), Eagles (2-4), Saints (2-4) are perfect examples of what Kubiak preaches every week. "It is very hard to win in this league".

LOL... good one

for the record, I think Kubiak has done more good than bad.

Is there more to do? Of course. I can't wait to see what the 08 draft brings.

and we were warned that this would be yet another year of growth - thanks TexanMike. I heard you.

I fully support this thread and the ideas presented in the original post.

The people who don't know jack squat about football are making themselves known.

Personally I'm willing to give Kube the benefit of the doubt. The man has only had the job for less than a year and a half. Let the man do his job. Did you guys expect a superbowl after ONE season? As much as it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Let's look at the Cowgirls (wretch) now then. Landry was their first coach and the first SEVEN years they played like a bunch of blind outhouse rats before they even came close to a playoff game that DIDN'T require that they buy tickets. Ick. I had to give the Cowgirls their due...and you guys KNOW I HATE those muff-huggas!
:deadhorse

The Texans have some hungry young players and some veterans with something to prove. Let Kube do his job guys. Give the man a chance.

I am probably the world's expert at "keeping it in perspective". Having watched Houston football since Blanda was at the helm, I just try to see the big picture. It is maddening to read the tunnel vision induced microdisection of this team by "some" of the posters here. Look around the league and we are not in that bad a position. A lot of talented playoff teams from a year ago are struggling now. The Bears (3-4), Bengals (2-4), Jets (1-6), Eagles (2-4), Saints (2-4) are perfect examples of what Kubiak preaches every week. "It is very hard to win in this league".

There will always be losers in the league. I think it is OK to want the Texans not to be in that group.

All I know is that when I attempted to create a segment for my TV class in high school. I'm going to quote my high school teacher word for word...

'You need to get a grip before you can start filming.'

Say what?!?!

*sigh*

To make a story short, I got permanently kicked out of TV class.

It sucks still today because I still don't know what a grip is....

Kubiak can't motivate and he sure as hell can't gameplan. Have you seen video of him in the locker room. He doesn't inspire confidence. We need a guy like Bum where the players LOVED him and would happily run through walls for him.

When guys like Steve Smith get lined up on DeMarcus Faggins, it is not by sheer chance. When guys like Antonio Gates become wide open, it isn't luck on their part. These are things that other coaching staffs are taking advantage of week after week. The problem is that we do NOTHING to adjust, and what makes it worse is that the plan that we originally came out with and stick to is bad.

This game today has the level of some of Texans inaugural season losses in terms of being utterly embarrasing, even humiliating. We were totally unprepared and totally not able to effectively compete with another NFL team today. And this is the 6th year of the franchise.
Unless you're just sentimental about Kubaik because he's from Houston and/or
because he's an Aggie, why would you want to retain him beyond this season if he unable to improve his record from last year ?

This game today has the level of some of Texans inaugural season losses in terms of being utterly embarrasing, even humiliating. We were totally unprepared and totally not able to effectively compete with another NFL team today. And this is the 6th year of the franchise.
Unless you're just sentimental about Kubaik because he's from Houston and/or
because he's an Aggie, why would you want to retain him beyond this season if he unable to improve his record from last year ?

Fess up nunu, you were against his hiring from the start.

Right?

All I know is that when I attempted to create a segment for my TV class in high school. I'm going to quote my high school teacher word for word...

'You need to get a grip before you can start filming.'

Say what?!?!

*sigh*

To make a story short, I got permanently kicked out of TV class.

It sucks still today because I still don't know what a grip is....

I fully support this thread and the ideas presented in the original post.

The people who don't know jack squat about football are making themselves known.

Explain how Texans fans are supposed to enjoy a ride that sucks and they have been on before. An organization that makes mistake after mistake when talking about personnel and completely fails to prepare their team on a consistant basis. Use your football knowledge to explain why these people who just watched our team lose by 20-30 points for 2 out of the last 3 games (probably should be three games) and are complaining don't know squat about football.

Explain how Texans fans are supposed to enjoy a ride that sucks and they have been on before. An organization that makes mistake after mistake when talking about personnel and completely fails to prepare their team on a consistant basis. Use your football knowledge to explain why these people who just watched our team lose by 20-30 points for 2 out of the last 3 games (probably should be three games) and are complaining don't know squat about football.
I haven't seen a worse NFL team this year than the Texans the last two weeks. It's been some of the most awful football I've ever seen outside of a first year expansion team. Take out garbage time and this team can barely score or stop someone....we are just an utter embarrassment right now.

Oh, I dunno ... might have something to do with banging your shin. Wait till about Wednesday after you'd had a chance to cool off before you want to yank someone.

I haven't seen a worse NFL team this year than the Texans the last two weeks. It's been some of the most awful football I've ever seen outside of a first year expansion team. Take out garbage time and this team can barely score or stop someone....we are just an utter embarrassment right now.

I showed up to the sports bar early today. Forgot the game was on at 4 (3 central time). I was with a friend who is a Dolphins fan so I just watched the Fins game with him and waited for the Texans game. The Dolphins looked twice as good as the Texans today. Even my friend, who agrees the Dolphins are trash, was like "Wow bro, what happened to your team?" I ended up leaving at half. I watched the Dolphins game all the way through but couldn't watch the Texans game. I honestly couldn't watch any more of it.

Fess up nunu, you were against his hiring from the start.
Right?
I dunno that I was against the naming of Kubiak as HC last year ? In retrospect, it still seems a reasonalby good idea in theory.
I liked and still do like the other Denver guy, Rick Smith.
I just wonder if McNair is gonna mess around for another 4-5 year cyle waiting for a team to produce under the current HC ? He's not getting any younger and might be looking for some results by now ?

Back