Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

You KNEW It: Eric Winston Could Not Go Without Talkin' To Matt & Adam

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
Later today, just go to sports790.com and download the podcast.

Winston has been in studio for the hour.
I'd still appreciate a summary from anyone who's willing to transcribe. I'm Deaf and podcasts aren't exactly suitable for me. Lol.

DexmanC

Hall of Fame
I'd still appreciate a summary from anyone who's willing to transcribe. I'm Deaf and podcasts aren't exactly suitable for me. Lol.
The best part about the hour is that they didn't talk Texans at all. It was
just Winston demonstrating the great sports talkshow host he's gonna make
when his playing days are over. They were just three guys talking sports
and pop culture.

The best part about the hour is that they didn't talk Texans at all. It was
just Winston demonstrating the great sports talkshow host he's gonna make
when his playing days are over. They were just three guys talking sports
and pop culture.
No doubt that Winston is a fantastic host, and that he's VERY knowledgable about sports. But, as the season wore on, after every loss, I got sick of hearing him on the radio, acting all cheerful and happy.

I love the guy, but, I need a few more W's.

I'm still jaded that he walked right past me the Feb. after his rookie season, a guy wearing a battle red #59 jersey in the middle of a bar in Dallas, and didn't say a word to me. :kitten:

Dr2bKay

Rookie
I'm still jaded that he walked right past me the Feb. after his rookie season, a guy wearing a battle red #59 jersey in the middle of a bar in Dallas, and didn't say a word to me. :kitten:
Awww, give him a break. :kitten: He was still a rookie. That would have been bad if Mr. #59 didn't say a word.

The times that I have seen him out, he was with his boys. So, it was just a hi and good luck type of interaction.

Last edited:

HuttoKarl

Veteran
Maybe if you had an ERIC WINSTON JERSEY instead of Ryans, he would have stopped.

Maybe if you had an ERIC WINSTON JERSEY instead of Ryans, he would have stopped.
I'd hope so.

The whole reason I was wearnig my jersey was because it was the night before the pro-bowl. I had to represent for DeMeco.

And I'm not really bothered that he didn't speak to me, I'm being partly facetious. It was just funny that one of his (Winston's) friends came up to me to talk to me about my jersey and told me that his friend, an OL for the Texans was in the bar. Sure enough, 5 minutes later Winston walked past me.

HuttoKarl

Veteran
I'd hope so.

The whole reason I was wearnig my jersey was because it was the night before the pro-bowl. I had to represent for DeMeco.

And I'm not really bothered that he didn't speak to me, I'm being partly facetious. It was just funny that one of his (Winston's) friends came up to me to talk to me about my jersey and told me that his friend, an OL for the Texans was in the bar. Sure enough, 5 minutes later Winston walked past me.
I was joking too...you should write Captain Caveman a letter and explain that he's a jerk! :)

(still joking)

badboy

Hall of Fame
Did anyone hear him riff on the James kid at Texas Tech being locked in the closet? Hilarious! "I could maybe see a college player being locked in a closet once, but twice? How exactly did that happen?" He went on and on. I thought he was on 610 though not 790?

DexmanC

Hall of Fame
Did anyone hear him riff on the James kid at Texas Tech being locked in the closet? Hilarious! "I could maybe see a college player being locked in a closet once, but twice? How exactly did that happen?" He went on and on. I thought he was on 610 though not 790?
He's only contractually obligated to 610 during the regular season. Matt
Jackson is his boy, so they did radio on Eric's time today. Pretty good stuff.