Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

You Heard It Here!!!

SugarLandTexan

Practice Squad
The Texans will win at least 6 games. All this negativity is making me sick. We have played 2 very tough teams to start the season.

Possible Wins
Washington
Miami
Tenn (2)
Cleveland
Oakland
NY Jets
Buffalo

All of these game could very possibly be a win. It starts this week. If the Texans can win the next two and head into the bye week at 2-2, it is very possible that they can win 7 or 8.

Buffalo is looking pretty strong this year...and Washington and Miami both had a tough first two games, just like the Texans...

Right now, I just want the Texans to win thier first game, could care less if they win 6-7. 1 builds confidence, and that's all they need. Winning breeds confidence! Once they get that, then I will be happy with 6 wins.

Honestly the only teams on our schedule that I have confidence against are the Titans and maybe Oakland...

umm. we better beat them darn cowboys. I think I counted 9 wins and we could still do it. 8-8 and I will be happy, specially if we actually figure out the problems, fix them, and end the season strong. That's what I'd like.

These next two games are key and should be good guide of what to expect for the rest of the season. More of the same from the previous two weeks, and these guys are done.

The Jets are even playing better ball than our squad.
I can see us getting over on Washington, even their fans hope the defence knocks Brunell out, so they can start Campbell.
Miami should have thier act together after kicking the porchdogs (titans) a new one. So that might be a hard nut to crack by then.

Oakland...Tenn x2 and the Clowns look like winnable games right now.
Still hoping for 7-9... :homer:

SugarLandTexan said:
The Texans will win at least 6 games. All this negativity is making me sick. We have played 2 very tough teams to start the season.

Possible Wins
Washington
Miami
Tenn (2)
Cleveland
Oakland
NY Jets
Buffalo

All of these game could very possibly be a win. It starts this week. If the Texans can win the next two and head into the bye week at 2-2, it is very possible that they can win 7 or 8.

I don't mean to rain on your optomistic parade, but you're the one that started a "You heard it here" Thread predicting the Texan's wins/losses. :shoot: I hope you're right and we do win 7 or 8 games, but I don't see it happening. In the offseason, I predicted that this team would be no better than 6-10. After seeing a couple of games, I say we win 4 or maybe 5.:crutch:

Tenn (2)
Oakland
Cleveland
Washington & Buffalo (MAYBE, but doubtful)

Miami's Defense is good, the Jets have played pretty well and have great heart....JMO

Wins eh?

I'll say the Titans twice, Oakland, and then one of the others on that first list. That leaves us at 4-12. That sounds about right considering we are essentially a expansion team all over: lots of rookies starting, some questionable veterans, some good veterans and a new coach.

SugarLandTexan said:

Possible Wins
Washington
Miami
Tenn (2)
Cleveland
Oakland
NY Jets
Buffalo

Don't you think these teams are also targeting us as a victory, plus the NFL is full of counterbalance year after year so it's not too much to ask to be competitive. If the team thinks like their fans then why even take the field with the patriots or teams who we believe are better than us/

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry said:
Have you watched the Raiders? They make us like a playoff team. Brooks looked realllllly Bad.

Brooks got hurt...and the raiders have played two tough teams also...The Ravens and the Bolts...And they have Randy Moss, and I really don't see how our DB's are going to defend him...

xtruroyaltyx said:
Brooks got hurt...and the raiders have played two tough teams also...The Ravens and the Bolts...And they have Randy Moss, and I really don't see how our DB's are going to defend him...
pls...they got a #1 pick on that Oline and are worst off than us.
No protection and no offence other than their gangster kicker.

We always play the Jags tough. Even last year, in our most dismal season, we played them tough in Jacksonville. If it weren't for a dropped Bradford pass, we may very well have pulled out a victory there. I'm not predicting any specific victories this year, as the team has to come together still, but I'm thinking six wins is attainable and I think Jacksonville could be one of those victories. Yeah, they went 12-4 last year, but they almost lost one to the worst team in football, so like I said .....

I think we have a good shot vs. the Tacks twice, especially if they insist on playing Vince Young. I think we actually have a decent shot against the Redskins this week, especially if Portis sits out. Their running game is as bad as ours has been, with Portis being injured. I think we have a good shot vs. the Raiders, Browns, and Bills. I think the Jets' passing game will prove to be too much for us.

xtruroyaltyx said:

You don't have to, just find your pass rush by then and don't give him time to get the ball downfield. AB has a rifle for an arm, but has poor pocket awareness and his accuracy to moving targets is subpar. He also has a bad habit of backpeddling when in trouble rather than stepping up and either making the throw or getting out of Dodge and taking off. Throw that in with Art Shell complete inability to adjust his gameplan, Moss jogging on most of his routes after getting frustrated, and Porter laughing on the sidelines, and I think you'll be able to handle them. (I'm not a big Raider fan as you may be able to tell :) )

Seriously though, I think Mario W. will have settled in a little more by then and will give Oakland fits off the edge.

Blu said:
pls...they got a #1 pick on that Oline and are worst off than us.
No protection and no offence other than their gangster kicker.

He's out for a couple of weeks...

eric138 said:
umm. we better beat them darn cowboys. I think I counted 9 wins and we could still do it. 8-8 and I will be happy, specially if we actually figure out the problems, fix them, and end the season strong. That's what I'd like.

umm. I gots news for yous. We ain't beating no stinking Cowboys. Not this year.

eric138 said:
8-8 and I will be happy, specially if we actually figure out the problems, fix them, and end the season strong. That's what I'd like.

Figuring out the problems is one thing. Fixing them is a whole other kettle of fish. We figured out long ago that our O-line stinks. But we've yet to fix it.

geofb said:
Figuring out the problems is one thing. Fixing them is a whole other kettle of fish. We figured out long ago that our O-line stinks. But we've yet to fix it.

Holy crap! Our O-line stinks! That's the answer!!! Let's just fix that. :)

Back