Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

You have been warned

????? Not sure what you mean.
Lance Zerlein had a hilarious skit centering on Mario's comments concerning double and triple teams (his communist network stuff).....I've watched him closely myself and he isn't doubled any more than Payne or TJ or Babin. 5 linemen plus a TE and a back on 4 rushers = doubling the ends at least on occasion. Based on my long time observations as a NFL fan he hasn't been singled out and doubled as if he was a big threat.

Lance Zerlein had a hilarious skit centering on Mario's comments concerning double and triple teams (his communist network stuff).....I've watched him closely myself and he isn't doubled any more than Payne or TJ or Babin. 5 linemen plus a TE and a back on 4 rushers = doubling the ends at least on occasion. Based on my long time observations as a NFL fan he hasn't been singled out and doubled as if he was a big threat.

Did't hear the skit, I'll look for it on the web... I was referring to a situation when a defender has 2 blockers both engaged with him at the same time. Not when the offense lines up with the line stacked to his side. and not because he is such a threat to them that they have no choice. I guess I should have said He was "blocked by more than one player at a time" instead of he was "Double teamed".

Either way it has the same result... One less blocker on offense somwhere on the line. Which allows for a more effective blitz. If we would bring more than just three linemen and one underachieving first round draft pick we would have been way more effective.

Maybe we should save that for next year's starting from from scratch. :shades:

I would prefer to think of it as "adjustment on the run" also tongue & cheek because of the defensive scheme change after 4 years of running the 3-4. Frankly we have the personel for a 3-4 over a 4-3 starting with NT Seth Payne. At least as a DT in that scheme Mario would get the double teams alot of folks claim is bogging him down & overcome it to actually pressure the QB :rofl:

its not so much Mario is double teamed it just appears such because he is bull rushing his man into the pile then getting tangled up with the guard and center. Mario looks like a natural tackle, I wonder if the Texans could now run the 3-4 with Payne as NT, Weaver strong side & :fireball: weakside.

the LB's would be Demeco weakside coming over the top behind Mario, Orr & Greenwood inside & Babin strongside OLB. just a thought :lightbulb:

I'm on board with this. Demeeco is having great problems one on one at the point of attack. He's great sideline to sideline. However, it shoud be perfectly clear after three games....he is out of position on this defense. He cannot take on nfl caliber gaurds and centers.

My big problem is Mario's hand play or lack there of. It seems like as big as he is he could get a little seperaton after initial contact. he is so engulfed by the lineman blocking him, he cannot see the ball. Right now he is a 299 pound pillow. Once there is inital contact, he is locked in a death grip with them and can't shake lose. Much less make a move.

Funny you mention him. I was thinking about him when I added that line.

I have to admit, I need more golf lessons but I loathe getting them because I really do have a hard time incorporating them into my game without getting completely derailed. (Big fan of the Pelz Short Game school tho--I dropped strokes immediately).

I am the non-Tiger Woods.
ah okay. :)

I don't know, Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter may have something to say about that.

:hide: <---- Anytime they see anyone in a Chargers jersey on the street.

Die-hard Raiderfan living in Houston here ...

Man, you hit me right where it hurts, but you are absolutely right.

If it is the guard's fault, or Culpepper's or whatever, the optimistist in me wants Mario to get 2 or 3 stops behind the line this week and get it in his head that he can play at the pro level. May be what it takes to turn him around.

Oh, and all the golf stuff... I finally tried playing my first golf game this week and shot an 81. Didn't do that well on the second hole though.:wild:

For everyone at the game, and the one's who were not...

I knew it was going to happen and boy did it... It got so loud in the stadium, I couldn't hear myself think, much less celebrate... 1 1/2 baby. Now let's move on and hope we don't have to wait another 4 games for this to happen again...

For everyone at the game, and the one's who were not...

I knew it was going to happen and boy did it... It got so loud in the stadium, I couldn't hear myself think, much less celebrate... 1 1/2 baby. Now let's move on and hope we don't have to wait another 4 games for this to happen again...

I wish I would have been there to hear that!

Back