You Dont Pass On Talent Like This....

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Mr.Scarface, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Veteran

2. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

Cool video, but this has been posted several times.

3. CyberTexan

CyberTexan Veteran

I couldnt agree more Scarface and like I said in another post if we could get just one of these FA Linemen ( LeCharles Bentley Saints ) ( Steve Hutchinson Seahawks ) ( Kevin Shaffer, Falcons ) we would be fine and use the second to pick up a Guard . Bush and DD is somthing I would love to see

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Veteran

5. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

OK, that's it. I want a punter with the first pick. :hairpull:

6. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

I see a RB with burner speed returning a punt, catching balls in the end zone, and taking dump passes down the field. I see a RB who can make defenders miss, but did not once see him break a tackle in that video or run straight up the middle between the tackles. I'll take D'Brick, thank you...

7. real

real Guest

Does stiff arming guys to the ground count as breaking tackles?

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Veteran

If Bush played at UT, 100% of this board would be in love....LOL.

Um just look at the Oilers' past. After drafting isn Munchak and Mathews....it still took the Oilers 4 years and Warren Moon to get them in the playoffs. The Oilers never had the RB to be the ground threat to get them over the hump in the playoffs.

When the Luv'ya Blue Oilers had Earl with a So-So line, It took maybe the Best team in History to prevent the to get to the SuperBowl.

I will take my chances on Bush.

D'Brick is Not PACE.......no where near him. U dont pass on Eric Dickerson again.........Oilers did.

9. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Lorenzo White, Alan Pinkett, Alonzo Highsmith, Gary Brown, at least one other.

The Oilers spent draft picks galore on RBs and it just didn't work out.

10. NWTexan Fan

NWTexan Fan Rookie

After reading all the pros and cons about whether to take Bush or not...I'm falling on the side to take him. I'm believing those of you that are a lot smarter than I that there will be good OL still available after we would draft Bush. At the very least, how much more time would that give Carr if we had an offensive threat like Bush coming out of the backfield? OMG!

11. Scooter

Scooter Funky

the oilers didnt have DD and if i remember right, were never dominant on defense.

12. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Oh, I'd have to disagree with the defense part of that, but you're right about DD. White and Brown had 1 season each that they were as good as DD, but that's it.

I'd love to have some of those D guys on our team right now.

13. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

We had 3 winning seasons and no Super Bowls while Campbell was here for six seasons. One man alone cannot carry a team. If you want to be a 4-12 team next season instead of a 2-14 team, then sure I'd draft Bush...

14. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

With a new coach and coaching staff, we will be much better than 2-14 or 4-12. I believe with a new coaching staff alone we will be 7-9 or better

15. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

It's going to be a long four months till draft day. I'm already sick of hearing Bush's name. Even if we trade the pick before draft day, people will then talk about what could have been. No matter what happens, Bush's name will be around for many years on this board. We draft him, he does well...the "I told you he was great, bow down to my genius" come out. We draft him, he does bad, the "Told you so, we should have traded the pick" guys come out. We trade the pick and he does well elsewhere, no matter how well we do with who we draft, we should have drafted him, and if we don't draft him, he does badly, guys get to say "see, I told you we shouldn't draft him."

16. CyberTexan

CyberTexan Veteran

anyone that has followed this guy has seen the tackles he breaks , i dont know what video you are watching but theres not only broken tackles but he makes guys miss thats his style .

17. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Not for years, maybe one season, I haven't heard anything about Derrick Johnson in a few weeks...

18. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Maybe I watched a different video, I saw him spin and make defenders miss, never saw him take on a defender heads up or break a tackle...

19. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Well actually in the video...

After some of the long catches against VT, there is a video of him running between the tackles at the 5 yard line scoring a touchdown.

Around the half way point, he runs between the tackles against UCLA.

Right after that, he runs between the tackles again against UCLA.

After that, against Oklahoma, he starts a run up the middle and then bounces outside for a long run.

After that, he runs between the tackles against Arkansas.

After the Oregon run, he runs between the tackles and hurdles a Arizona State player.

After that, he runs between the tackles and hurdles a Notre Dame player.

Then there is the famous run against Fresno State, where in fact he starts between the tackles and then puts the after burners on to reach the outside.

The video isn't one of the best because they show a lot of plays where you just see the end result not necessarily how he got to the open field.

20. bigcarlos

bigcarlos Veteran

No one hear has heard about Travis Johnson all year:ok: