You can blame Kris Brown all you want but...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Pantherstang84, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

it's the coaching.

Plain and simple.

I had an epiphany in my sleep last night. Lord knows Kubiak has had his nuts on my chin for almost 4 seasons. I was a Kubiak guy but...

I see it now. He doesn't have it. I have given him the benefit of the doubt thinking he would learn how to coach a win. He can't do it. The guy just can't get out of "Coaching not to lose" mode.

Chris Brown as your feature back? Really?

71,999 people in Reliant knows that you have to spy VY every time he takes a 3 step drop and Frank Bush doesn't?

Eveyone who follows this team knows the interior of the offensive line is horrid but Kubiak doesn't?

And another thing...

I am starting to worry about the Carrification of Schaub. Sometimes the guy looks like a deer in the headlights out there.

The Texans will ruin another QB if they are not careful.

Come on man!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
    IlliniJen likes this.
  2. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

So if Kris Brown made those two field goals and we won by three, you would have had these same criticisms?

VY used his blockers well on his runs. A running QB is the most difficult thing for any defense to account for. I think it's safe to say that Kubiak or Bush should not be fired over it.

3. Pantherstang84

Yes I would. The offense used to be the strength of this team. Now it is the weakness. The interior of the offensive line is mush. Has been all season. Still they still fail to address it.

Want the running game fixed?
    Fix the line.

Want more time for Schaub to throw?
    Fix the line.

Want to convert 3 and 1 from the 1?
    Fix the line.

I don't buy the "VY followed his blockers argument." The Texans simply did not account for him when he dropped back.

If you are relying on a field goal kicker to keep you in a game, you have problems.

4. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

The gameplan on both sides of the ball was crap.

The team was playing with zero sense of urgency in the 2nd half.

That's not on Kris Brown.

There are a half dozen other stiffs that could come in and take his job right now.

5. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Actually the last two weeks its been Kris Brown.
    And twice before that it was Chris Brown.

We've lost 5 games this season. 4 times we've had the opportunity to tie the game and force OT. Each time we've lost. And each time its been on the players.

This loss is squarely on KB in my opinion, and I hope he isn't around next week to ruin another game for us

MannyFresh and RTP2110 like this.
  6. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

VY is just an amazing scrambler....so much so that it more than makes up for his sub-par passing. He makes good defenders whiff and he can break tackles too....and regularly does. He should've been drafted #1 and we wouldn't have this problem. He would run our rollouts for TDs and we'd control the clock even better than the Tacs do these days. I HATE that he is going to be so successful in this league and I still would even if he played for some NFC team, but it's a fact.

This loss is not on KB. Their kicker missed one too. I do have to seriously question KB's overall performance over the last 3 games as a whole, but this is another game that will be blamed too much on him.

I do agree that some of the problem is play calling. We might feel that way with any coach, though. Generally, I think coaches in sports are over-credited for their successes anyway. Funny how superstar QBs always seem to play for the "best" coaches. Same goes for superstar pitchers and superstar centers. People will point out the obvious fact that they know way more about their game-plans and plays and players etc. than anyone else. Well, of course they do! It's their team and their job. They have all the access to all the info. and spend all the time doing it as their job... Truth is, they got to the level they are at because some high school stud player made them look good and then some college stud made them look good. The NFL is probably more full of good college recruiters than actually good coaches.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  7. Rozelle

Rozelle Rookie

I’ve been a Kubiak guy, however I agree he has what appears a play not to lose mentality. Two things that stood out for me last night…
    1) Not having Slaton more involved. Yeah I know he has had issues putting the ball on the ground this year, but we’re not going to get to the playoffs without him and his big play ability. At least have him in there as a threat. Do you think Coach Fisher would feature White if Johnson was having fumbling issues?
    2) Why not try a 8-10 yard out before the field goal to get Brown closer? Kubiak coached like a 48 yard FG was a gimmie.

I totally agree… why didn’t we have a spy on Young all night long?

Another one that got away! :bat:

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

55 snaps.... 16 run plays.

Chris Brown avg 3.3 ypc
    Slaton avg 4.2

Why didn't we run more?

9. Pantherstang84

Coaching.

10. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

We won't be a winning football team unless we can run the ball and we will never be able to run the ball until we do something about our interior offensive line. Unfortunately, this staff doesn't seem to think it needs to be changed.

Really it isn't just the interior line, it's the whole scheme and the type of linemen we choose. Winston gets blown back on run plays, especially stretch plays. Brown does at times, although he seems to do a pretty decent job on average. We don't go out and hit anybody at the LOS, we just dance with them.

11. MannyFresh

MannyFresh El Capitan

I agree, rep for you... How do you miss it twice in the clutch? No ice water in them veins...

12. IlliniJen

IlliniJen Hall of Fame

Kris Brown is certainly not executing for us right now, but the problem IS the coaching and will be the coaching until Kubiak is gone.

They simply don't know how to execute to win. That's not just on one guy's foot, that's the team mentality.

2 weeks to prepare for this game and 17 points is all the offense can muster? Chris Brown is featured over Slaton? REALLY KUBIAK, REALLY?! The defense lets VcrY look like a champion in the pocket?

This team is just weak mentally and not prepared for these games. 2 weeks to watch game film on the Titans and this is what we get?

13. Pantherstang84

And that is the bottom line. Mentally they are weak from top to bottom.

BTW...Did anyone see that shot of McNair on the sideline? Boy did he look pissed.

14. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

This is the exact same reason Pittsburgh got rid of Kris Brown..

15. Dan B.

Dan B. Hall of Fame

Kris Brown just had the bad luck to be the final Texan to ****** up last night. He certainly wasn't the only one.

16. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Blaming Kris Brown is crap. Blaming coaching for not "spying" VY is crap. Shaun Cody was saying on 1560 that someone had VY for every play. So there goes that theory.

Blame:
    While our defense has been much improved, it still sucks. 228 yards rushing. /Game.

17. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Yep, throw Dunta in with his dropped INT, 2 penalties and the TD by a rook and you've got a crappy day at work for the unit. Cushing on the other hand, left it all out on the field. D-Ryans played well too.

18. Air Canada

Air Canada Veteran

Yeah, sure you could say that since we had guys let some plays get away, but that's KB one job to kick! He failed at all he was suppose to do.

19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Chris Brown had 3.3 ypc
    Slaton had 4.2

It wasn't a problem with the line, or the running backs..... our coaches for some reason thought we were down by 21 points or something, and started chucking the ball every play.

It's ridiculous how lopsided the play calling was.

I know you've got a personal *****, gripe, whatever with the "interior line" but they did their job today in the run game, I think we could have won this game, if someone on the side line would have thought to call a few more run plays.

20. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

Perhaps, but there isn't alot of evidence of that. We are horribly ineffective when we do decide to run.