Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Yesterdays disaster

texanhead08

All Pro
The yellow lot was the most unorganized parking lot I have ever seen at a sporting event in my life. There was no one directing traffic it looked as if they had sold twice as many passes as they had spaces to park. It took 45 mins to park and no one was showing the cars where to go and where there were spaces.

I am all for tailgating but these tailgaters that don't have season tickets have got to go it has become a joke.

Then once I get in the stadium I have pre paid game programs but there is not one vender in the entire stadium that has any programs. WTF??

I park in Orange lot. Because of events beyond my control, I got to Reliant @ 11:20. They had to park me on the middle of Reliant Parkway.

Some A-hole bumped into my truck & now there is a huge dent on the passenger side rear door....

unghh

I park and tailgate in the Yellow Lot.

It was pretty ridiculous. We usually get there before 8:30 and have no problem getting a great spot on the grass. Yesterday we got there at 8:20 and the entire grass lot was full which is out of the norm.

I don't think they oversold passes it is because some tailgaters take up more spaces then they are allotted.

We actually gave up one of our spaces, which we had a pass for that we were using for some tables and coolers to let someone park.

By about 11:15 people were parking in the middle of lot just not giving a damn. It was complete chaos, but knowing the game was sold out and that tickets were going for 4-5x face value should have alerted some folks that it might be good to get there early.

Still they need to either better train the parking lot people, have more cops directing traffic in the lot, or send some tow trucks to make some room.

(Long time lurker that just never posts)......I've been a season ticket holder for 4 years now and yesterday's parking was an unmitigated disaster. I park in the Maroon lot and the parking attendants royally blew their one job. They actually triple parked at the Maroon lot's 610 exit, completely blocking it. Thankfully one parking spot size lane was able to be opened up via the moving of a few cars. Throughout the maroon lot the attendants allowed cars to be boxed in with other cars. It was like a valet service on steroids, except nobody had the keys to move any cars. Of course the attendants had no answers for how we were supposed to leave. Just a total disaster from the word go. This will be the last year I park in the Maroon. (And getting there earlier won't solve this problem, I was at the lot at 10:50 and it was already bad, but finding a spot wasn't the problem; even if finding a spot is the problem, my life will rarely allow me to show up at 8AM to tailgate).

The Yellow Lot seemed ok to me. I got to the stadium at about 10:30. Stopped and yaked with my tailgate for a bit and was in my seat by 11:30. Yeah, it took longer to get a parking space but then again, it was a huge crowd.

Normally we get in line to get into the lot between 6:45 and 7. Usually 5 or 6th in line...sometimes we are in the second line if there is one. This time at 6:45 the line was already down to Murworth at 6:45 which was unheard of.

Thankfully the gates were open around 7:35. I did walk a pass over to a friend wanting to come in...and the crowd trying to get in at 10:30 was crazy. I have to say I have never seen the lot like that in 8 years. What a crazy day.

Well at the Orange lot, we were there ahead of time to be there when they first opened. Well about 45 minutes prior they were allowing people to walk in with chairs, canopies and coolers. Now you cannot save spots, but when you walk in with that stuff, and just stand at the area you want to be, you are not saving, but when you see cars come in, you pop it up and bam, you are set up. I asked the parking supervisor at the gate and she said for todays game they are allowing people to walk in early as they are expecting a larger than usual crowd.. WTF !! So drivers were getting hosed. Anyway, I sent an email to the texans telling then that it was a cluster F'K and hope to hear back from them. Policy isn't something you change from game to game I told them.
Please email them and let them know your thoughts on this.. in order for changes to be made, you all need to voice your opinion.. Several others who tailgate around me did just that this morning as well.. It was from what I have been reading, a serious cluster F'K in all lots.. Platinum, you dodged a bullet there !!

Simple solution for you both, Get there before 8 and enjoy sme tailgating before going in

I actually had plans to get there around 9:30 & party with the Blue Crew, but I went to a wedding the night before... let's just say there was a lot of partying afterwards.

I got up late & had to go pick up my daughter from her cousins... & she wasn't ready when I got there...

yadda-yadda-yadda...

Platinum, you dodged a bullet there !!

Hobie. Every Spring I question my sanity for paying what I do for platinum. Every GAMEDAY I thank the football gawds above that I did. I'm not gloating, I'm just relieved I don't have to put up with the headaches you all are having to deal with.

I have a friend who has changed lots three times, and still grips about the problems they have on gameday. She is in yellow now. I think they are allowing more and more people to tailgate that DON'T have tickets also, so a lot of people are walking in with their tailgating stuff, I saw them do that at the Colts game, so it wasn't just the Cowboy game. It's a mess, and I will support you guys/gals by sending an e-mail.

I left the game early Sunday simply because I was having a miserable time. Not because we were losing to Dallas, but because I was disgusted with the fans, mostly Texan fans. It was utter chaos out there with so many Dallas fans celebrating on the lot. The only cops I saw were at the crossover, NONE anywhere else. I simply tucked my head, played my old lady role, and prayed to God above I would get to my car without getting knocked down or assaulted. Hopefully, it will get better. Thank God above we only play Dallas at home every 8 yrs.

Hobie. Every Spring I question my sanity for paying what I do for platinum. Every GAMEDAY I thank the football gawds above that I did. I'm not gloating, I'm just relieved I don't have to put up with the headaches you all are having to deal with.

This ^^^^ I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'! :whistle:

I started a thread with contact info for those of you who need to vent some more about parking.

Ted.Dickerson@houstontexans.com Parking manager. Just thought I would post it here also. BLAST the guy with e-mails!!! It's his job to take care of this crap.

BTW: A good friend just told me there was a fight in the red lot that sent some fans to the hospital. Gang fight, and a bad one. Apparently Texan fans involved.

I think what is happening goes along with the "Parking Pass Price Gouging" thread. Season ticket holders can print out their parking passes. They do not scan the parking passes, just collect them.

So basically, people can sell multiple copies of their parking pass and over crowd the lots. I've never seen the lots like that, either.

I don't think reliant oversold, I think people cheated the system :(

Actually Kimmy, I think you may have nailed it....
Which freakin' sucks!!

(Not that it affects us in Blue Crew)

There's a chance we were the smart ones! :D

All of the parking attendants I have encountered at Reliant do not seem to be the brightest people. Thankfully, they don't have real meaningful jobs where their dimness could really cause bigger problems.

All of the parking attendants I have encountered at Reliant do not seem to be the brightest people. Thankfully, they don't have real meaningful jobs where their dimness could really cause bigger problems.

LMAO!!!!!! Right! Whoa.. They're brilliant! :rolleyes:

I started a thread with contact info for those of you who need to vent some more about parking.

Ted.Dickerson@houstontexans.com Parking manager. Just thought I would post it here also. BLAST the guy with e-mails!!! It's his job to take care of this crap.

BTW: A good friend just told me there was a fight in the red lot that sent some fans to the hospital. Gang fight, and a bad one. Apparently Texan fans involved.

I am sure he has been overloaded with emails regarding this very problem. He normally has always responded to me the same day I have emailed him.. Not this time. I am sure he will get around to responding, but when this sort of fiasco happened, and it was not planned very well... he's got to decide how its going to not happen again before he can tell us.. Ted is a good guy and he does take his job seriously..If you emailed him, you will get an answer soon. But if you have not, please still do it..Not sure what will come of this, but it is us season ticket holders with parking that has to make sure it does not get like that again..It just cannot.
As like what was mentioned, the gate people do not care.. but rest assured, every account # is on every pass, so if they decide to look, they will see who made multiple copies and they will be dealt with.. hopefully.
So please email Ted if you have not done so if it effected you directly or indirectly, as even if you think it didn't, I would bet it did.

I think what is happening goes along with the "Parking Pass Price Gouging" thread. Season ticket holders can print out their parking passes. They do not scan the parking passes, just collect them.

So basically, people can sell multiple copies of their parking pass and over crowd the lots. I've never seen the lots like that, either.

I don't think reliant oversold, I think people cheated the system :(
i agree !!!!:foottap:

Back