YEAH!!! Gaffney

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Wolf, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1014139&srvc=home

I wish him the best, I am going to be sick if somehow he lights it up and it is because of the Texan offense is why he didn't

2. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige Veteran

the little bit of the patriots I saw play last season, he looked good.

3. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Really wishing Jabar success for himself in NE. After watching him even in limited action last season i think we jsut weren't using the guy right and i think his tenure here might've motivated him more then anything. Go luck Jabar...unless it's against us.

4. New_Texans

New_Texans All Pro

I find this slightly annoying but Jabar was a great guy and I have nothing against him. Its someone else...:bat:

5. Overalls

Overalls Hall of Fame

I wish both him and Bradford well. I didn't make sense to me when we let both go. I realize that they didn't light the world afire with us, but they were still the best options we have had behind AJ. It is not hard to believe that atleast part of their problem was our former QB.

Bradford is now with the Redskins.

6. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Gaffney was catching Tom Brady passes in the NFL playoffs last year. I don't think he was the problem. Obviously, it's the offensive line's fault. :joker:

7. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Some may not like to hear it, but looks like maybe Kubiak had his #2 WR right here under his nose when he arrived in town last year but failed to recognize
    him ? After releasing Gaffney, by his own admission he fumbled again with the Moulds-instead-of-Walters decision in 2006.
    Now we got a gob of candidates on the roster all fighing for the #2 slot in 2007 TC. Third time a charm ? Lets hope so and that Kubiak doesn't screw it up 3 out of 3.

8. real

real Guest

Jabar wasn't a good fit for our offense...

In our offense you need to be a playmaker or be able to consistently stretch a defense as a receiver to be considered "successful"...

Jabar is a good fit in the Patriots system because he has good athleticism and he doesn't have to be a playmaker...All he needs to do is be solid and catch balls....

In Houston he would have been asked to do too much...

But I like Gaffney and hopes he does well...

9. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

And Kevin Walters, our current top candidate (according to Kubiak), can "consistantly stretch" a defense ? I don't think so.
    Rather Walters is a possession guy, he has excellent hands. Remind you of anybody ? It does me.

10. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I always liked Jabar and glad to see him doing well. I always thought that our fans took unfair shots at him at times as they tended to always want him to be something he wasn't. I always thought he did well on his possession routes.

11. Sideline

Sideline Hall of Fame

Really hoping the guy does well, was rooting for him last season when I saw him getting some game time with the Patriots, come playoff time Brady really seemed to get something going with him. Hope he continues to find success this season.

12. real

real Guest

If you think Walters is the answer to our #2 WR problems you are delusional....

13. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Well I dunno I just might be delusional, but if so that's beside the point because if you're right we both need to be concerned that our HC might be
    delusional. Afterall, he's the one who's on record as saying Walters could be our #2 WR.

14. real

real Guest

Forget what Kubiak has said...

If Kevin Walters is the second best reciever on our team that means we are lacking talent in that area...

I look for Jacoby to replace Kevin sometime this year or next year.

Going into this next season KW is probably one of the most non-naturally gifted #2's in the leauge...

Doesn't mean he can't be a good player, but much like Gaffney, KW would be a better fit in a New England type offense...

Our offense is better suited for guys who can catch short passses, makes guys miss, run through tackles or simply run past guys....

15. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

Walters won't be passed this year by Jacoby. If anyone takes the #2 spot away from Walters it will be Mathis (who has the game breaking speed) or KM who was (from what I read) jipped out of the #2 spot in San Diego last year.

Getting back to the point, Gaffney will do New England fine and will get make the team as a number 4 and a guy who can be put in and be trusted to get a 1st.

16. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

He was drafted a damn gator, he'll retire a damn gator.

17. real

real Guest

I just can't see that happening...

18. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

No way.

19. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

The patriots do have a top notch o-line. Good call.

This almost sounds as if Kubiak hasn't done "everything right" since he's been here.

I believe the Jabar criticism was an example of the "grass is always greener" viewpoint. Impatience with young players played a role too.

20. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

yeah, cuz we all know that YKW would be just as good as Tom Brady if not for the line. :rolleyes: