YAY!!! It's the Simmon's Power Poll

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Txn_in_FL, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Hall of Fame

Since we are all such big Bill Simmons fans here is the Texans' position and his comments from his latest Power Poll.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnflpicks/091204

Basically more of the same with references to lack of heart and the need of someone to hit the road.

2. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

This team needs a scape-goat really bad. Let's just cut Dunta right now. :roast:

Cut him, Rick!

3. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

We are number 20.

Titans are number 9.

We both have a 5-6 records.

:gun:

4. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Yeah, it's just whiny Texans fans that notice this.

5. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Bill Simmons is a total d0uche-nozzle

ESPN has the worst collection of faux-comedian sportswriters

6. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

He may very well be that, but there's more than a speck of truth in his comments. This team just doesn't look confident once they have a lead...they look scared. I'd like to see the 'killer instinct look', instead it's the 'please don't hurt us' look.

This isn't about a "wanting to win" philosophy...these guys have ALL been competitors since junior high. It's about a we've got 'em down, now let's demoralize 'em look that I've NEVER seen a Texans team field.

7. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Oh I know, I just wanted to attack Simmons and ESPN's slew of talking heads that focus more on pitching a joke than providing quality analysis. Typical ESPN, all fluff no substance.

8. brakos82

brakos82 Yaters Gonna Yate.

Somebodyused the analogy of punching your big brother... you know there's payback, but not sure when exactly.

9. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Teflon Rick must go

I think it's ( winning ) something that comes along over time . I think this process has been stalled numerous times by the Texans .

Reasons for said stall

1. Drafting from 2002-2005 . You could have gone down GBNSR top 100 and done a better job than CC .
    2. HWNSNBN was kept and resigned for whatever reason , heck they should have drafted Peppers and Portis .
    3. Bob is a nice guy and remember Jerry Jones's statement about the Cowboys being glitz and glamor and the other team being the red checkered table clothe , country feel good thing .
    4. Making stupid trades .
    5. To much into trying to categorize what a Texan player is .
    6. The two players on offense that affect the game the most are RB and QB . We see saw with this way to much . Meaning we've never had both really good at the same time .

Once a team has some success , they should expect more . If they are satisfied ... you've got the wrong people . They don't have a RB or a QB who has proven they can takeover a game when it's on the line . Everything is contagious ... winning and losing .

10. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Easier to find a coach than a competent QB...IMO.

11. TexansBlood

TexansBlood The CUSH!

Ofcoarse they have won 5 in a row and we have lost 3 in a row thanks to Kubiak.

12. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Please. Jerry Jones is a buffoon. Glitz and glamour? Two of their fans were caught f-----g in the bathroom earlier this year.

That's typical Dallas bs. They see themselves as the upscale, glamourous town, and were a bunch of stupid hicks down here. Truth is, Houston is about class and sophistication, and Dallas is full of pretentious posers.

But, back to football: I agree with you that the Casserly/Capers years and all of their bad decisions are still with us. We have almost no seasoned vets.

13. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Teflon Rick must go

I'm no fan of Jerry but he does win . His problem is he'd sell his soul to win ( TO , Pacman , and Tank ) .