Yates

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Vinny, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I've been really busy during this holiday season...running around, being a model citizen and community organizer....you know, run of the mill stuff. Anyway, can anyone tell me what the scuttlebutt is on Yates? He's chopped liver all of a sudden and not worth 'showcasing' to the league for a 5th round pick or something? Is he hurt? In the NFL concussion program?

eriadoc likes this.
  2. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

I guess Wade is fighting for a shot at HC and thinks Matt gives the best shot at a W.

Either that or Yates is still benjured.

3. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

I think that he was so bad that even Kubiak forgot about him. I don't see why any team would trade a 5th rounder for a guy that has proven he won't ever be anything but a backup player. I think most teams would rather roll the dice on a young player in the draft who could possibly be developed into a starter over a guy that never really had starter potential to begin with. I don't think that Yates has any trade value at all at this point unless he was packaged into some deal in a multi player trade to a team like the Jags who simply has no one that is a true starter.

4. Vinny

He started the season as our primary back up QB. We didn't bother to look for another one did we? It's not like I don't trust the Texans judgement on players...it's not like we'd start guys like Shilo Keo in a man cover heavy defensive system or anything. Yates did win more games than Keenum didn't he?

5. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Yeah, but our defense was clicking and was a monster that year. They were like a top 3 defense and the best pass rushing defense in the league that year in my opinion. Our secondary was damn good to that year and our running game was great. All Yates did that season was throw check downs and hand the ball off. Every time he had to do more, he looked bad. I think it's pointless to debate what we think of him on the Texans at this point, because he doesn't even seem to be in their plans at all. I just don't see their being any value for him trade wise. I think if we got a 5th rounder for Yates would be fantastic and we'd be getting a steal. I'd love that. I just don't see that ever happening.

6. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

Yates wasnt just bad in his only action this year, he was God awful.

7. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

He looked like a Schaub clone

8. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Practically, the entire team caught the Schaub flu. Yates was not immune.

9. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Great analogy... I think even the towel boy caught it

10. robroy72

robroy72 Veteran

Wasn't that why the Texans picked him up in the first place? He ran a pretty much identical O in college.

11. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

I don't think Kubes believed in him hes seen him everyday in practice

so if kubes did not believe why should anyone else

12. Vinny

one reason cubes is no longer with is that he believed in the wrong things too often.

13. SW H-TOWN

SW H-TOWN All Pro

In short he'll stare down a WR like he just saw a hot a$$ girl walking by him at the club. Bad like that.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Man could they have looked any worse ?! This team is pathetic on both sides of the ball.

15. Steal Your Face

Steal Your Face Rookie

I hate to be the one to break it to Wade, but he's not getting the job if we beat the Titans.

16. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I think Yates throwing a pick 6 in the game that he came in for an injured Schaubed sealed his fate. By that point, the Texans had a historic five game streak of throwing TD passes to the opposing defense.

Keenum could have extended that team streak the next week if that defender had not dropped the easy interception. He was home free for a TD if had caught it.