Yahoo: Reliant Ranked #16 (and a dig at the team)

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by HoustonFrog, Feb 18, 2011.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

2. dc_txtech

dc_txtech Subscribed Contributor

This is what they said about Reliant

So it's not really ranking the stadiums as much as it is the franchise....

3. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Haha, I hear you. I partially agree with the author too though. Reliant isn't a place people really WANT to go travel and see. Don't get me wrong, it's really really nice. But it doesn't pop out to me if my team were traveling and I wanted to go to an away game. Places like Labeau... Wrigley Field... etc Something about the history of it makes it enticing.

4. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

This is stupid, Last year there was an article saying reliant came in 3rd behind Cowboys and Ravens. I know our stadium is alot better than what this stupid article says!

5. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

No kidding! Right? If they are going to rank a stadium, rank the stadium for crying out loud. I believe that Reliant is better than the Superdome but I can at least understand the bonus points for being near Bourbon Street (in my poll those points would get cancelled out because the whole thing is in New Orleans, though)

Oh well, it's just a web ranking. Tailgating should have bumped us up though. :)

6. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

It took me a while to figure out that there are only 31 stadiums in the NFL cause the Jets and Giants share. This is why I shouldn't drink beer at 11am...

Texanmike02 likes this.
  7. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

article says Texans stadium is directly across from the "SuperDome" LOL

8. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

The Superdome is a shiitehole, no literally, there's good reason the refugees went there

9. RazorOye

RazorOye Ayo

while I think "shithole" is a bit strong a term for the Superdome, it was in dire need of changes - even since the changes made following Katrina.

The exterior now looks much better - with the roof work and the new exterior panels.

They are investing 85 million in interior renovations and the exterior grand staircase to get ready for the Saints, the BCS Championship and the NCAA Final Four next year and the 2013 Super Bowl:

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2011/01/final_phase_of_superdome_facel.html

here are some renderings of the changes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

long overdue, imo, and I'm glad to see the changes coming!

10. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    Looks really nice. So long shithole. ;^)

11. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

So it gets upgraded to feces depot, big deal. :D

Hardcore Texan likes this.
  12. Koolaid Time

Koolaid Time Drink Up!

I still don't get the "attraction" as to why I should pay thousands of dollars over a season to go to a Football Stadium and sit in a 'Bar in the Club Level' and watch the game on a wide screen TV.....

When I could go to Kay's Lounge, Griff's Pub or my Brother-in-Law's Media Room and watch the game on a 60 inch LED TV for free and drink far less expensive alcohol.

13. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

Link

14. OrangeLotPole8

OrangeLotPole8 Veteran

I read that about an hour ago, was surprised, I thought the stadium would be higher ranked than middle of the pack.

15. False Start

False Start On # 69

Lame (not your post). Reliant is top notch. :texflag:

16. Imatexanfan

Imatexanfan Hall of Fame

I read that yesterday being ranked in the middle of the pack with rest of those losers. I really thought we should have been ranked at least in the top 3 but hey that goes to show how the "rest" of the NFL sees our beloved Texans organization...then takes a low blow because we haven't made the playoffs yet...wow...:roast:

17. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

what I don't get with #3 is that, I thought I have heard that the NFL tells the Texans if they can have the roof open or not.

#2. I guess they don't sit by or take the same exit as TB :texanbill: :runaway:

18. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

I don't believe that is correct. The NFL has only dictated a uniform policy of all moveable roof stadiums.............within 90 minutes of game time, the decision must be made to have the roof open or closed. If the game begins with the roof closed, the roof must remain closed for the entire game. If during the game, officials close the roof due to adverse or changing weather conditions, officials cannot reopen the roof and it must remain closed for the rest of the game.

The only other rules apply to the last 5 minutes of a game and for overtime.........During the final five minutes of the fourth quarter of any regular play game, officials cannot close the retractable roof regardless of adverse or changing weather conditions. If the game goes into overtime, the officials cannot close the roof anytime before or during the sudden death overtime game play. However, if the weather becomes hazardous to fans and players, like in the case of lightning or hail, NFL officials can decide to close the roof for everyone's protection.

Each team makes their own criteria for determining their initial decision for closed or open roof.

The vertical construction of Reliant has made it such that it becomes a relative "hot box" during medium to high temperature days, especially when the sun is out. Even when present, very little wind gets into the stadium to cool things off. Thus the 80 degree cutoff determined by the Texans. Bowl shaped, more horizontally constructed stadiums, are very much "heat friendly."

Wolf likes this.
  19. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

The guy that wrote that article invited fans to respond by email. Well I sent him one and he did respond. "Thanks for reaching out and for reading the article. I completely understand that most people
    disagree with what I've written and get your point that I haven't been to most of the stadiums.

But at the same time, I tried to make it clear that this article was just in fun and meant to stir a debate. I
    understand people are passionate about their teams, but my intention was never to offend anybody.

Thanks again for reaching out. I appreciate it."

Joe Fortenbaugh
    National Football Post.com

20. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

I actually agree with this assessment completely. Superior architecture for practical needs, if not very expressive or interesting. Incredible tailgating, but the team has no significant history. I think he ranked it correctly.

A strong history like a couple of Superbowl wins and regular playoff appearances would move Reliant into the top five.

I think he also ranked the top three accurately. Seattle's stadium is impressive.