Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

xtruroyaltyx Early Mock

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame
1) Pat Mahomes, QB

I like him. His arm looks great. Good release. Good mobility. He's a gamer but looks like he can read defenses a little bit at least. He has something to build on. Throw him into the qb competition and let the best man win.

2) Roderick Johnson, OT

Looks to be a good athlete for the position. Looks like he can be a good solid player with the chance to be really good due to athleticism. Already looks solid.

3) Will Holden, OT

Similar to Roderick he looks solid to me but not the same athlete. I can see these guys being the future at the tackle positions.

4) Howard Wilson, CB

Good size. Good athleticism. Good corner will be needed if Bouye leaves or Kareem to safety or both.

5) Connor Harris, ILB

Good athleticism. Not much film on him but from what I've seen he looks comfortable in coverage. Think he may have been a safety at some point.

6) Stevie Tuikolovatu, NT

Good athlete for his size. Whether or not Vince is back, another big body is going to be needed. Especially if Vince is gone.

7) Jayon Brown, LB

Not a lot of film. Smallish type LB similar to cliett in size. Good athlete. Seems to excel in coverage.

How's this RB class? Is there a Jordan Howard or similar in the 4th?

I haven't seen Howard Wilson, so my apprehension isn't so much about the player, but the fact that there isn't a RB taken. Are we expecting some good prospects undrafted, or are you happy with Blue & Grimes?

Other than that, really love the positions taken & the rounds they were taken.

I haven't seen Howard Wilson, so my apprehension isn't so much about the player, but the fact that there isn't a RB taken. Are we expecting some good prospects undrafted, or are you happy with Blue & Grimes?

I just didn't take a running back based on what we've invested in the position and what I see as more pressing needs.

We have Miller, Blue, Grimes, Hunt and a Ervin.

I think we just need to do a better job using the guys we have. I'm not against taking a running back. Just based on other factors I didn't put one in this mock.

If AP becomes available...sure why not.

I like the QB and the investment in the OL . Holden's big knock is shorter arms but would be a good Rt .
I second this but would O'Brien like this QB, that's the big question ? The kid sounds like an incredible athlete with a big arm but he's also an undisciplined passer who plays in a spread offense. But I like the mock, if only one of us was coaching the Texans, huh ?

Why would we need a Jordan Howard? We took Tyler Ervin ahead of him!

Mahomes at the top .... and two OT's behind him , gets my stamp of approval.

I'd be tempted to double dip at QB .... eventually you are bound to hit paydirt. Mahomes early and one of Peterman , Evans or Kelly later ....

Back