Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

WR in the 1st round?

Wolf6151

All Pro
We've talked about OG in the 1st and CB in the 1st, now let's talk about WR in the 1st round. I've seen many mocks that have the Texans taking a WR in the 1st round but I've seen some mocks lately that have the top level WR's, Keenan Allen and Cordarrelle Patterson falling to the Texans at #27. Since this WR class seems to lack the elite level of talent but has lots of very good depth, it seems plausible that the best of the WR class could maybe fall to us. Do you take safe pick like Quinton Patton, Deandre Hopkins, or Robert Woods who will be good WR's with a high floor or do you take the risk on guys like Justin Hunter (ACL injury history), Cordarrelle Patterson (only 1yr. of D-1 playing experience) who seem to have a much higher ceiling? Who's your top 3 WR's at pick #27 for the Texans, and why? It's ok to have 2 lists, predicting what the Texans will do and the other if your the GM.

This class has more top end talents than last year when 4 were drafted in the first round (Blackmon, Flyod, Wright, and Jenkins) and 5 were drafted in the second round (Quick, Hill, Jeffrey, Broyles, and Randle.)

I think this year there's 11 or 12 that belong with that group even though (probably) not all of them will be drafted in the first two rounds due to the run on receivers last year.

Glad to see I'm not the only one up at 1am. I'm hoping that run on WR's last year will help us this year, not sure but I can always wish. So who you got? Do you play it safe or go for the possible homerun?

Glad to see I'm not the only one up at 1am. I'm hoping that run on WR's last year will help us this year, not sure but I can always wish. So who you got? Do you play it safe or go for the possible homerun?

Who do you consider safe and who'd be a home run? I'm thinking BPA in rd 1 then the best available OT and WR in rds 2-3 (if one of those positions wasn't drafted in rd1)

I look at Miami and there's a part of me that hopes they grab a replacement for Jake Long in rd 1 and a top level WR is available at our pick allowing us to trade back for a 2nd and a 3rd or so

I think guys like Justin Hunter, and Cordarrelle Patterson are your risky players that could be a homerun due to their speed, size, athleticism, and deep threat potential but they might not fit the Texans scheme since we don't seem to throw deep very often and Schaub doesn't seem to have the arm for it. I think guys like Quinton Patton, Robert Woods, and Deandre Hopkins are a safer pick with a higher floor but they're not as explosive and don't have the ceiling Patterson and Hunter have. For our short to mid depth routes I think Deandre Hopkins would be our type of WR provided Keenan Allen isn't available, but I've seen some mocks lately that have the Texans picking Allen at #27.

Texans
1. Williams
2. Patton
3. Hopkins

Texans always go the safe route and these are the safest WR's in this draft.

Steel B's
1.Rodgers
2.Williams
3.Dobson

After Patterson and Allen these guys have the highest upside and I'm big on speed. Route running can be taught. I also like Hunter but his ACL scares me away from top 3.

Texans
1. Williams
2. Patton
3. Hopkins

Steel B's
1.Rodgers
2.Williams
3.Dobson

After Patterson and Allen these guys have the highest upside and I'm big on speed. Route running can be taught. I also like Hunter but his ACL scares me away from top 3.

The only thing that worries me about injuries is how motivated they are to re-hab and whatnot. If I remember right, Broyles had some kind of awful injury which dropped him in the draft, and I think the Lions got a steal getting him where they did and with what he produced for them.

The only thing that worries me about injuries is how motivated they are to re-hab and whatnot. If I remember right, Broyles had some kind of awful injury which dropped him in the draft, and I think the Lions got a steal getting him where they did and with what he produced for them.

Agreed,

That's why I left Hunter out of my top 3. Hunter has as much ability as any WR in this draft, but I dont want another Broyles situation on the Texans.

ACL injury was 2011, Hunter's 2012 stats 73 for 1083; be nice to see what he could do 100% healthy.

Texans picks: the Texans are conservative.
1. Keenan Allen
2. DeAndre Hopkins
3. Quinton Patton
4. Robert Woods

Wolf6151 picks:
1. Cordarrelle Patterson, only 1 yr. of D1 exp. worries me.
2. Justin Hunter, thin frail body type and ACL worries me.
3. Keenan Allen
4. Quinton Patton or DeAndre Hopkins

Ok, I went top 4, limiting to 3 was harder than I thought.

Kiper's 2.0 has us taking Patton

27Quinton Patton
Houston Texans (12-4)
COLLEGE: Louisiana Tech
POS: WR

Analysis: Houston needs to find another weapon for Matt Schaub. Andre Johnson will be 32 this summer, and if he's out of the lineup, the drop-off is significant. If you're a fan that hasn't seen anything from Patton, roll the tape from his game against Texas A&M. All he did to the Aggies was 21 catches, 233 yards and 4 TD catches. Simply put, Patton was really, really hard to cover in 2012, and when he went to the Senior Bowl against some of the top competition in the draft, he didn't get any easier to cover. Love the way he release from pressure, can set defenders up and work the sides or the middle of the field, using long arms to snatch the ball away from his body. A rising player meets a good fit.

In his first Mock he had us taking Allen
No. 28 -- Houston: Keenan Allen, WR, Cal

Kiper: “If he hadn't become a wide receiver, it's entirely possible that Allen could be a coveted safety in this draft. His experience on defense shows up on offense, where he has a great knack for finding space in coverage, working back to the ball to help his quarterback and using great hands as a dependable pass-catcher. He's dangerous with the ball in his hands.”

Kuharsky: With DeVier Posey now recovering from a torn Achilles, finding a receiver to play opposite Andre Johnson and eventually take over for him should be a priority. Houston needs to be more threatening at wideout.

I think what he says is true, but I don't see a WR helping us enough in 2013. Of course I'm admittedly short sighted & if a WR is the BPA there, then we should take him.

But I also believe whatever Kiper/McShay has us doing, Smithiak are going to do something completely different. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the last time they got it "right" was Amobi Okoye

Give me hunter.

Give me some players that play explosive on the football field.

I like hunter because he moves like a little guy in short area, but can open it up to get down the field. Lots of good wr's in this draft. I wish we could give Keyshawn Martin back and take two guys this draft. I mean, we can take two guys anyways but there really is no need for Martin IMO. He's not that good.

Who's your top 3 WR's at pick #27 for the Texans, and why?
The Texans should look at WRs who can beat press coverage and have good run after catch ability. That will mean more to this team than a 4.3 guy running an up route. I like:

Keenan Allen - The most "pro ready" WR in this class. Has the combination of size and elusiveness the Texans need. He won't run a great 40 time. Due to a late season injury, Allen may not even run before the draft. That's the only way he drops to the Texans.

Cordarrelle Patterson - Has Dez Bryant type abilty with the ball in his hands. Very raw as a receiver, the kind of pick that will look better in 2014 than 2013.

DeAndre Hopkins - Athleticism doesn't jump off the screen, but he makes plays all the same. A lot like Anquan Boldin in that he comes up with the ball when it's thrown his way.

Quinton Patton - If Patton were more physical, I would rate him higher. Uses his quickness to get off the line, and has sneaky deep speed. Reminds me of Roddy White, who took a couple of years to develop.

Mike Shanahan - If Kevin Walter does leave, Kubiak will need another big blocking wideout. Enter Michael Shanahan (son of Kubiak buddy Mike Shanahan), a 6-5, 225lb WR that is a late round, UDFA possibility.

???

Okoye, Mario & Duane were not the safe route.

You can argue Cushing, KJ, and Watt were safe picks... but they all ended up being the correct pick.

Jury is still out on Mercilus.

Mike Shanahan - If Kevin Walter does leave, Kubiak will need another big blocking wideout. Enter Michael Shanahan (son of Kubiak buddy Mike Shanahan), a 6-5, 225lb WR that is a late round, UDFA possibility.

Well say no more. If he had attended CO ST instead of Pitt this would be a slam dunk.

Texans draft him and then trade him to Daddy Shanny for Kirk Cousins. Works out all the way around.

:sarcasm:

Name an unexciting high character guy who is a great blocker and has served on occasion as a tight end. Done. Next?

???

Okoye, Mario & Duane were not the safe route.

You can argue Cushing, KJ, and Watt were safe picks... but they all ended up being the correct pick.

Jury is still out on Mercilus.

I dont believe in drafting this way, but before Wade this was the Texans MO on drafting defensive players in the 1st rd.

Okoye-highest rated player at position of need
Mario- ditto, plus he came cheaper than Bush/VY
Cushing-Ditto
KJ- Ditto
Watt- Wade pick
Mercilus-Wade pick

Offense
Brown- HOF Alex Gibbs handpicked guy, although many disagreed with the pick at the time.

I dont believe in drafting this way, but before Wade this was the Texans MO on drafting defensive players in the 1st rd.

Okoye-highest rated player at position of need
Mario- ditto, plus he came cheaper than Bush/VY
Cushing-Ditto
KJ- Ditto
Watt- Wade pick
Mercilus-Wade pick

Offense
Brown- HOF Alex Gibbs handpicked guy, although many disagreed with the pick at the time.

So they made one bad pick out of 7? Nice! They need to keep it up!

So they made one bad pick out of 7? Nice! They need to keep it up!

Depends on what you think of the KJ/MW picks. They were Good not great picks. IMHO There is more than 1 rd in the draft though and Rick has been avg so far. There have only been 2 homerun picks in Texans History, Watt and AJ.

Rick has hit on a few draft picks, but nothing to brag about. Look at last yrs draft, nice draft, no difference makers. Brooks is the best bet to become an all pro player. There rest are nice players but will probably be avg to slightly above avg players.

Since Rick has been here he has drafted a few above avg players and his claim to fame signing Foster as a FA.

Lets look at Ricks drafting history,

Offense

Great player drafted D. Brown, Avg player (High grade) Casey, everybody else is either a below avg starter or was here before Rick became GM, or signed in FA.

Defense, Ricks specialty

Great pick Cushing, Watt (Wades pick but I will give Rick this one.)

Avg players (Barwin/Reed/KJ (Depends on your opinion) Quin is slightly above avg. Everybody else was either signed in FA and other than JoJo/Myers and to a lesser extent Manning have been avg to below avg players as FA signings. The only other drat picks Rick has made have been less than inspiring Newton/Jones/Graham on offense hope to become avg. There's a good chance Poseys done and he was avg at best this yr but had potential to be slightly above avg.

So this is why the Texans are an avg to slightly above avg team with many holes that benefits from playing in a terrible division. The problem with this is the Colts are gaining on them fast. They have their QB of the future, they're a good young team that is only going to get better and they are 44 mil under the cap this yr. Tell me more about the Texans cap situation under Ricks watch? The Texans may be able to hold off the Colts one more yr.

I've got a feeling this team has peeked. They need to have a great draft in the lower rds this yr to be able to keep up with what the Colts are doing. Grigson is playing to win and win big.

Rick has been an avg GM and the Texans need to pick it up on draft days. Adding 2-3 avg starters a yr isn't going to cut it if they want to stay a top the division. Rick needs to draft one difference maker a yr and 2-3 above avg starters a yr. Can he do it? Time will tell. But I can certainly see how diehard fans such as She Texan are frustrated with Rick and dont like the direction the franchise appears to be headed.

Depends on what you think of the KJ/MW picks. They were Good not great picks. IMHO There is more than 1 rd in the draft though and Rick has been avg so far. There have only been 2 homerun picks in Texans History, Watt and AJ.

Rick has hit on a few draft picks, but nothing to brag about. Look at last yrs draft, nice draft, no difference makers. Brooks is the best bet to become an all pro player. There rest are nice players but will probably be avg to slightly above avg players.

Since Rick has been here he has drafted a few above avg players and his claim to fame signing Foster as a FA.

Lets look at Ricks drafting history,

Offense

Great player drafted D. Brown, Avg player (High grade) Casey, everybody else is either a below avg starter or was here before Rick became GM, or signed in FA.

Defense, Ricks specialty

Great pick Cushing, Watt (Wades pick but I will give Rick this one.)

Avg players (Barwin/Reed/KJ (Depends on your opinion) Quin is slightly above avg. Everybody else was either signed in FA and other than JoJo/Myers and to a lesser extent Manning have been avg to below avg players as FA signings. The only other drat picks Rick has made have been less than inspiring Newton/Jones/Graham on offense hope to become avg. There's a good chance Poseys done and he was avg at best this yr but had potential to be slightly above avg.

So this is why the Texans are an avg to slightly above avg team with many holes that benefits from playing in a terrible division. The problem with this is the Colts are gaining on them fast. They have their QB of the future, they're a good young team that is only going to get better and they are 44 mil under the cap this yr. Tell me more about the Texans cap situation under Ricks watch? The Texans may be able to hold off the Colts one more yr.

I've got a feeling this team has peeked. They need to have a great draft in the lower rds this yr to be able to keep up with what the Colts are doing. Grigson is playing to win and win big.

Rick has been an avg GM and the Texans need to pick it up on draft days. Adding 2-3 avg starters a yr isn't going to cut it if they want to stay a top the division. Rick needs to draft one difference maker a yr and 2-3 above avg starters a yr. Can he do it? Time will tell. But I can certainly see how diehard fans such as She Texan are frustrated with Rick and dont like the direction the franchise appears to be headed.
SteelB, I think Cushing was a great pick as well.

I feel good about Posey, Jones, & Brooks, but haven't given up on Whitney, Crick, or Martin.
The problem with this is the Colts are gaining on them fast. They have their QB of the future, they're a good young team that is only going to get better and they are 44 mil under the cap this yr. Tell me more about the Texans cap situation under Ricks watch? The Texans may be able to hold off the Colts one more yr.

First, I think there is a lot more to building a championship team than the draft. For instance, the Ravens FA acquisitions were as important to their most recent Super Bowl as any of their draft picks. Bolden, Leach, & Pollard are as much Baltimore Ravens as any of their draft picks....... & then there's Jacoby.

I don't think much of Rick Smith myself, but I'd love to hear you break down how the Colts are gaining on us after 1 season. They've got Luck..... what else?

I feel good about Posey, Jones, & Brooks, but haven't given up on Whitney, Crick, or Martin.

First, I think there is a lot more to building a championship team than the draft. For instance, the Ravens FA acquisitions were as important to their most recent Super Bowl as any of their draft picks. Bolden, Leach, & Pollard are as much Baltimore Ravens as any of their draft picks....... & then there's Jacoby.

I don't think much of Rick Smith myself, but I'd love to hear you break down how the Colts are gaining on us after 1 season. They've got Luck..... what else?

How can you feel good about Posey? He was a below avg WR who was getting better and may have become a starting WR. Now he has the worst injury possible for a WR and if he makes it back he probably wont be the WR that he was, much less what he could've been. I haven't given up on Whitney he has the ability to be an above avg starter and we should see improvement this yr. Crick's ceiling is a serviceable starter but not a difference maker. (Slightly better than Bulman) Martin is a dime a dozen 5th WR on most teams.

The Colts are gaining on us because Luck is light yrs ahead of Schaub and is only going to get better. According to Doc (Who's opinion I trust) This yr is as good as it's going to get for Schaub and this yr wasn't even good enough to sweep Indy. (I know you disagree) They already have all of their skill players in place (I know Wayne is getting older but in 1 yr they were able to add 2 young playmaking WR's, 2 young TE's of the future and a solid in all phases RB in Ballard.) They also have their 2 young OT's. Grigson did this all in one yr. It makes me think if Grigson keeps this up they will pass the Texans up in 2 yrs. As a rookie GM Grigson is already light yrs ahead of Rick.

The Colts were ready to make traumatic changes (Firing one of the best GM's in the NFL Polian and bring in a young gun like Grigson to set a new tone for their org. for yrs to come.) Meanwhile the Texans are avoiding traumatic change at all cost. (Do you think BoB would've fired Polian?)

It goes alot deeper than just this, it goes from changing coaching staffs and scouting staffs etc... I mean why does Coach Joe still have a job? The Colts just have a different mentality than the Texans do. The one thing that may be the Texans saving grace for a couple of yrs is I believe losing Arians will set the Colts program back a couple of yrs.

Your post is very accurate based on your opinion. :):good:

Please point out your differences with my opinion.

It could make for some lively conversation. I know that you differ on KJ, but whatelse do you disagree with?

How can you feel good about Posey? He was a below avg WR who was getting better and may have become a starting WR. Now he has the worst injury possible for a WR and if he makes it back he probably wont be the WR that he was, much less what he could've been.

I was ready to give up on him for the same reasons you mentioned, but then someone reminded me that Demaryius Thomas suffered the same injury in February, but was running routes in OTAs. He had a fairly decent 2011, but exploded in 2012. Right now, I'm putting Posey on that track. I think Posey is first round talent that we got a deal on. I'm projecting him as our #2WR, #3 at worst.

I haven't given up on Whitney he has the ability to be an above avg starter and we should see improvement this yr. Crick's ceiling is a serviceable starter but not a difference maker. (Slightly better than Bulman) Martin is a dime a dozen 5th WR on most teams.
I'm hoping Crick can eventually be Antonio's replacement. I don't know if you think Antonio is a difference maker, but I think he's a very important cog in our wheel. I don't expect Crick to ever play to Watt's level, but he'll have to command attention opposite the big guy.
The Colts are gaining on us because Luck is light yrs ahead of Schaub and is only going to get better. According to Doc (Who's opinion I trust) This yr is as good as it's going to get for Schaub and this yr wasn't even good enough to sweep Indy. (I know you disagree) They already have all of their skill players in place (I know Wayne is getting older but in 1 yr they were able to add 2 young playmaking WR's, 2 young TE's of the future and a solid in all phases RB in Ballard.) They also have their 2 young OT's. Grigson did this all in one yr. It makes me think if Grigson keeps this up they will pass the Texans up in 2 yrs. As a rookie GM Grigson is already light yrs ahead of Rick.

The future for the Colts is bright, I do not disagree. But I'm going to wait till next year to see how they repeat. There's more to winning than gathering talent. We know this more than most.

You kept saying "young" in your response. That's their greatest strength, it's also the biggest issue they will have to overcome.

The Colts were ready to make traumatic changes (Firing one of the best GM's in the NFL Polian and bring in a young gun like Grigson to set a new tone for their org. for yrs to come.) Meanwhile the Texans are avoiding traumatic change at all cost. (Do you think BoB would've fired Polian?)

It goes alot deeper than just this, it goes from changing coaching staffs and scouting staffs etc... I mean why does Coach Joe still have a job? The Colts just have a different mentality than the Texans do. The one thing that may be the Texans saving grace for a couple of yrs is I believe losing Arians will set the Colts program back a couple of yrs.

You make solid points. I don't want to take anything away from them & I'm definitely not trying to change your mind about anything. I was generally curious to your reasoning. However, this sounds too much like, "everybody else does everything right, the Texans do everything wrong." thinking to me. & that's fine.

But there are a hundred ways to skin a cat. The Texans aren't following my game plan & neither are the Colts. There were 10 NFL headcoaching changes in 2006. Today, only three of those coaches haven't been fired. They are also the most successful of those 10 franchises. Two of the 3 have won Super Bowls since then & the third was considered the favorite for much of the 2012 season (I know, not a big accomplishment, but it's what we've got). The other teams are still trying to build a foundation.

As far as Coach Joe goes, I do not necessarily believe firing a guy is the only way to hold him accountable. 6 years ago we thought Coach Joe was among the best STs coaches in the league. What's changed? Has the game passed him by? Has he lost interest? Were there extenuating circumstances that we didn't know about in these people's lives? Was he dealing with a divorce? Got a troubled kid? Was there a death in the family? Did he fall off the Wagon?

I don't know why they didn't fire Coach Joe. I'm not going to judge the decision until I see next season's product.

One more thing about Luck. He's not the first QB to enter the league that "gets it" more than Schaub. Jay Cutler, Vince Young, Matt Lienart, Matther Stafford, Josh Freeman, & Sam Bradford were all thought, at one time or another (by someone), to be better QB prospects than Matt Schaub.

I haven't seen anything from Luck to make me think he'll be any better than Sam Bradford or Matthew Stafford or that the Colts will be any better than the Rams or Lions after 3 seasons.

I was ready to give up on him for the same reasons you mentioned, but then someone reminded me that Demaryius Thomas suffered the same injury in February, but was running routes in OTAs. He had a fairly decent 2011, but exploded in 2012. Right now, I'm putting Posey on that track. I think Posey is first round talent that we got a deal on. I'm projecting him as our #2WR, #3 at worst.

{Qoute///} Hope you are right

I'm hoping Crick can eventually be Antonio's replacement. I don't know if you think Antonio is a difference maker, but I think he's a very important cog in our wheel. I don't expect Crick to ever play to Watt's level, but he'll have to command attention opposite the big guy.

{Quote///} Smith bring vet leadership that the DL needed, Crick can be a starter/rotational guy. IMHO

The future for the Colts is bright, I do not disagree. But I'm going to wait till next year to see how they repeat. There's more to winning than gathering talent. We know this more than most.

You kept saying "young" in your response. That's their greatest strength, it's also the biggest issue they will have to overcome.

(Quote///} I would rather have a good talented young team. Talent is the most important thing, I actually expect the Colts to take a step back to the 6-10, 7-9 range next yr. But the yr after that watch out.

You make solid points. I don't want to take anything away from them & I'm definitely not trying to change your mind about anything. I was generally curious to your reasoning. However, this sounds too much like, "everybody else does everything right, the Texans do everything wrong." thinking to me. & that's fine.

But there are a hundred ways to skin a cat. The Texans aren't following my game plan & neither are the Colts. There were 10 NFL headcoaching changes in 2006. Today, only three of those coaches haven't been fired. They are also the most successful of those 10 franchises. Two of the 3 have won Super Bowls since then & the third was considered the favorite for much of the 2012 season (I know, not a big accomplishment, but it's what we've got). The other teams are still trying to build a foundation.

{Quote///} The Texans dont do everything wrong, but their unwillingness to change/adapt is going to shorten their window of opportunity. The fact that a 12-4 team has so many holes in it should make you ask questions of whether they were built correctly in the first place.

As far as Coach Joe goes, I do not necessarily believe firing a guy is the only way to hold him accountable. 6 years ago we thought Coach Joe was among the best STs coaches in the league. What's changed? Has the game passed him by? Has he lost interest? Were there extenuating circumstances that we didn't know about in these people's lives? Was he dealing with a divorce? Got a troubled kid? Was there a death in the family? Did he fall off the Wagon?

I don't know why they didn't fire Coach Joe. I'm not going to judge the decision until I see next season's product.

{Quote////} What changed is God'ell changed the rules from a 3 man wedge to a 2 man wedge on KO's and coach Joe hasn't been able to adjust. I mean JJ and Holliday had success on other teams speaks volumes about coach Joe.

As far as the family thingy, if that's what was getting in the way and coach Joe was incapable of doing his job, he should've retired. The NFL is a bottom line business on most teams. (The Texans not so much)

Why do you guys insist on quoting entire posts? Especially monster posts like tk's? Makes these threads so hard to read.

Why do you guys insist on quoting entire posts? Especially monster posts like tk's? Makes these threads so hard to read.

Sorry,

I will try to break it down by numbers to shorten my post. TK's posts are kind of hard to respond to sometimes.

The Texans dont do everything wrong, but their unwillingness to change/adapt is going to shorten their window of opportunity. The fact that a 12-4 team has so many holes in it should make you ask questions of whether they were built correctly in the first place.

I think it's perception. We "study" this team far more than we study other teams. I would imagine a Patriots fan would think they have as many holes as we believe we have. The a 49ers fan thinks his team is full of holes. Surely he isn't hoping his team stays put & try to repeat what they did this year. Even the Ravens know they have an uphill battle & personnel issues are going to be a big part of that battle.

As far as change/adapt.... I think we are changing & adapting, just not the way we want.

What changed is God'ell changed the rules from a 3 man wedge to a 2 man wedge on KO's and coach Joe hasn't been able to adjust. I mean JJ and Holliday had success on other teams speaks volumes about coach Joe.

As far as the family thingy, if that's what was getting in the way and coach Joe was incapable of doing his job, he should've retired. The NFL is a bottom line business on most teams. (The Texans not so much)

We'll see. If we bring in a new ST coach, our ST is going to get better, or it's going to get worse. It might stay the same. Going forward with Coach Joe, our ST is going to get better, or it's going to get worse. It might just stay the same.

I understand the belief that it is not probable that we'll get better. But we'll see.

Yes he was, Sorry I left him out.

Do you think my post was pretty accurate?

You are right about drafting a great player and above average players on respective draft year and it is more crucial than ever for us to draft the above mentioned players(multiple number of great to above average per draft year) to continue to be atop of AFC South, consistent playoff team and SB contender.

In comparison with other NFL teams, are we successful in drafting players since Rick took over as GM? I know it will be very difficult to evaluate since each team in its own unique situation when new GM takes over the team like there are teams in need to fill many holes and some are lesser holes to fill. So teams with many holes to fill has more chance for rooks to stick with the team but, that doesn't mean you drafted many good players in that particular draft year. It just means you only had a few talented players to begin with and needed to replace players on roster due to age,budget and, etc. situation. Also, how this GM does in FA, UDFA, Trade and coaches hired to this equation. It will be very hard to evaluate but I just wonder how Rick is doing in overall performance as GM.

Rd 1 Amobi Okoye
3 Jacoby Jones
4 Fred Bennett
5 Brandon Harrison
5 Brandon Frye
6 Kasey Studdard
7 Zac Diles

Rd 1 Duane Brown
3 Antwaun Molden
3 Steve Slaton
4 Xavier Adibi
5 Frank Okam
6 Dominique Barber
7 Alex Brink

Rd 1 Brian Cushing
2 Connor Barwin
3 Antoine Caldwell
4 Glover Quin
4 Anthony Hill
5 James Casey
6 Brice McCain
7 Troy Nolan

Rd 1 Kareem Jackson
2 Ben Tate
3 Earl Mitchell
4 Daryl Sharpton
4 Farrett Graham
5 Sherrick McManis
6 Shelley Smith
6 Trindon Holliday
7 Drin Dickerson

Rd 1 J.J. Watt
2 Brooks Reed
2 Brandon Harris
4 Rashad Carmichael
5 Shiloh Keo
5 T.J. Yates
7 Derek Newton
7 Cheta Ozougwu

Rd 1 Whitney Mercilus
3 Devier Posey
3 Brandon Brooks
4 Ben Jones
4 Keshawn Martin
4 Jared Crick
5 Randy Bullock
6 Nick Mondek

Key FA and UDFA signing in the past;
Antonio Smith, J Jo, Manning, Foster, Leach
Cody Started for us so there and enjoying watching ON THE NOSE and some kickers and punters.

Last edited:
Back