Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Wow. U of H over #6 OSU 45-35!

I can hear Matt Jackson now, all day Monday. Rich Lord called the Coogs
"irrelevant" and dude lost it. The Coogs beat #6 in the nation?!! This is the
first time in my 29 years the Cougars could put a season together for ages.
God bless Kevin Sumerlin. He's the first head coach since Jack Pardee to
recruit the HOUSTON AREA!!

We got too much talent here, in this city, to be irrelevant.

Houston will not be ranked in the top 25 when the polls come out.

I'm not saying that's right but if you are expecting it then prepare to be disappointed.

They will get close but I don't think they will get in.

After beating #5 rank OSU by 10, Coogs deserve to appear in the top 25.

GO COOGS!!

I certainly wouldn't argue if they made it in.

But they were ranked #50 in the poll this past week. They will not jump up 25 spots. It's not fair but it is what it is.

Sorry, no offense in all honesty. I didn't mean harm and made a wreckless remark. I'm kind of giddy after the win.

We all are. The Coogs have been capable of something like this for a few years now. It's about time they put it all together.

On an unrelated note, former UH backup QB Blake Joseph is now the QB here at Sam Houston. He is lighting up the skies tonight as we lead North Dakota St 31-14 in the third quarter.

I know I'm getting waaaay ahead of the cart here, but what happens if UH runs the table? Do they get in a BcS game?

I know I'm getting waaaay ahead of the cart here, but what happens if UH runs the table? Do they get in a BcS game?

Definitely.

I seriously doubt that they play in the BCS championship game.

But as long as they were the highest ranked non-BCS team they would be guaranteed a spot in the BCS (asuming they were ranked #12 or higher).

What a WIN!!!!! Was out all day and heard the news at the intro to the USC-Ohio State game....wow...about to see the highlights now during the USC halftime show!! Go coogs and they should be ranked at least #25 come monday.

Originally Posted by Speedy
=======================================
BCS game...probably

Championship game (if they go undefeated and Florida and Texas have at leats 1 loss and so does everyone else)........

No they will get the shaft just like Boise State did the year that they beat Oklahoma and went undefeated yet were barred from the title game so that we could see Ohio State with their 1 (or 2 can't remember) losses get jail ***** in the championship. LIke I say, I like college for the entertainment when there is a good game, but I cannot take it seriously until their is a playoff system. Otherwise, "smaller" schools will always get the shaft and it's pathetic IMO.

Either take all of the "smaller" schools who won't be allowed to win out of Div.1 and force all the big boys to play "Real" games every week like the pros, or get a plus 1 or playoff system in.

Definitely.

I seriously doubt that they play in the BCS championship game.

But as long as they were the highest ranked non-BCS team they would be guaranteed a spot in the BCS (asuming they were ranked #12 or higher).

Depends on how BYU, Utah, and Boise State do. They're all ranked pretty high. If 2 of those teams go undefeated (including UH on that list) then it would interesting

I was in Organic Chem lab all day, so I recorded the game and avoided all sports talk. I just finished watching the game in its entirety. Woohoo! Go Cougs!

Case Keenum actually looks like an NFL prospect (good arm, good speed, smarts, etc.) right up until he faces pressure and throws it off his back foot. He did that repeatedly tonight (today, whatever).

I would just like to say how AWESOME this is.

I mean.

Really.

Really awesome.

First Cougar win against a top 5 opponent since 1984, right?

i doubt Houston reaches the top 25 just yet. they only had 1 vote in the AP last week and this stuff is gradual. if they were already a big name school, they'd easily get ranked.

this is why, of course, the polls are unbelievably stupid

ECU was in the same position last year and when they beat West Virginia they were ranked. The polls are a crock but UH deserves to be ranked after beating a top 10 team on the road.

ECU was in the same position last year and when they beat West Virginia they were ranked. The polls are a crock but UH deserves to be ranked after beating a top 10 team on the road.

You aren't going to get any argument on this board but I really doubt it is going to happen.

Teams move up and down the polls based on their previous position (who knows why). Houston was #50. I really do not think they will move up to #25.

It is completely unfair but there it is. I hope I am wrong.

I hate to say I told you so guys, but UH didn't make the cut in the coaches poll. They got close (#27) but didn't crack the rankings.

There is good news though. Houston is ranked #21 in the AP poll. This poll doesn't count for anything, but at least UH is getting some recognition.

So I hear the guy in the apartment next to me screaming...I'm thinking this guy is dying or something good on sports is happening. So naturally I start scrolling through the sports channels to see what it was...get to the Coogs beating OSU with about 4 minutes left! AWESOME! Hell of a victory!

I always miss the best games. I left the 2nd half comeback game last year at halftime along with a large chuck of the student secion against...UAB?

I hate these announcers. Most likely OSU alumni or something.

Big 12 announcers. They could care less about Conference USA.

PS, then again, they were bad no matter what!!

Well at least the Coogs were the highlight of my weekend.

Big 12 announcers. They could care less about Conference USA.

PS, then again, they were bad no matter what!!

Well at least the Coogs were the highlight of my weekend.

Sometimes the best part about watching a game on TV is when the announcers are obviously pulling for the other team and you get to listen to them break down as your guys take it to em'.

I wasn't shocked they weren't ranked in the coaches poll. Thats the poll most connected with the Big 6 Conferences. The AP was more likely and them pulling out of the BCS arguement a couple years ago made them seem more on the up and up. I saw one funny thing where a writer from the newspaper in Cleveland,Oh had the Coogs ranked #4.

I am the biggest Coog homer ever but not even I think they are the #4 team in the nation.

Best part of the weekend. Hell, they would've whooped the Texans ass. They showed resiliency compared to their "pro" counterpart.

Good for Coogs AP rank #21. Personally think Coogs should be ranked in the teens. I am interested to see how Coogs match up with Red Raiders! Should Coogs beat Texas Tech, we will be talking about Coogs should be ranked in the teens.

Go Coogs!!

I just hope if UH beats Tech those *********s who vote on the coaches poll vote us in.

What really interest me is that should Coogs able to stay in the top 25 this year, can you imagine how easier to recruit top tier athletes for future which makes Coogs more dominate in conference USA. I miss Coogs of old days and Southwest conference. Houston, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, TCU, SMU, Arkansas, Baylor, and Rice.

Go Coogs!!

Back