Would you trade Carr for a #2 draft choice?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Nighthawk, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

Just wondering. I mean, could they shop him around to see what the market will bear? Is that possible? And if someone offered a second round choice would you take it? Just asking.

2. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

the obvious instinctual reactions aside, such as that nobody would give up a 5th for dave carr, my answer would have to be no. Drew brees sucked for a couple of years, and look what he is doing now.....refurbish the mans o-line, which IS the problem, he has been sacked at a record breaking clip this year, and gets pressured taking .128 seconds in the pocket, so fix his line, give him his 2 years of option to show us something, take a qb next year to push him for playing time and get healthy competition

3. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

NO!!!!!!! It's as simple as that!!

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

couldnt have said it better myself :brickwall

5. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

Brees got pushed by the Chargers taking Rivers. It also helps when you pick up a diamond in Antonio Gates.

6. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Its hard to show what you got when your line sucks.

7. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

:texflag: Does Carr do his line any favors and does he lead them .
    That we know he does'nt do .

8. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

A 2nd for Carr for Sure but there isnt a general manager out there dumb enough to do that only casserly and he still is our GM.:tv:

9. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

But some of the pink soap boys think that ST coach should be kept... so that could dash your ... Please, please..

You can fire anyone, who you hired... go for it..

Because I don't have any time to put towards the cowplops. Much less post on their site. Sorry about you not being a Texan's fan.. Maybe next year you'll move up..

Have you seen any more of hollywood flicks that you can tell us about..

Hey Caddy, above are your last 5 of 7 post. Do you post anything about the actual game or do you just sit and lerk waiting to rip on the next persons post that you don't like?

eriadoc likes this.
  10. Tex-fan0604

Tex-fan0604 Rookie

we need to fire our gm so he would stop wasting our draft picks on players who arent producing. hire someone new that knows talent when he see it so that way we could get a better o-line and defensive players.i thought it was stupid of him not picking up derrick j. this year.

11. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

CC would probably try and get 2 3rd rounders for Carr and then use those picks to trade up for another undersized DE project ofr an OLB. Carr seems to be doing good today!!!!!

12. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Carr has had a great game so far...if he can play like this on a regular basis nobody will ever give him a hard time.

13. NFLforher

NFLforher All Pro

Even you? :respect:

He needs to be consistant, that's for sure.

14. Vinny

yep...even me. When Dave plays like this we can win games....that's all I want from our best players/team leaders....to play up to their contracts. This is the most encouraging game I've seen from Carr since he went off on the Vikings last year. Hopefully something has clicked for him and he continues to stay within himself and win some games for us. We needed Carr to have a big game today since the Rams were having problems defensively....to DC's credit he came out with a fantastic game. He could have come out and stunk it up...but he didn't.

15. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

Carr did well early and the rest of the day stunk it up, including when it counted late. He was outplayed by a 3rd string QB outta nowhere.

McNair's jobs for the week: Fire Capers, Fire Casserly, beg somebody to take Carr off our hands. Trade him straight up for Fitzgerald. Just put him outside the stadium and lock the doors. Please.

16. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

That the D is lousy is not a sufficient defense of our lousy, skittish, clumsy, inaccurate, slow, streaky, overpaid, pretty-boy QB.

17. GP

GP Go Texans!

No.

You all act as though NFL-caliber QBs are a dime a dozen, and you just trot down to the corner store and pick one up when you need one.

The QB position is the most difficult to fill. Is Carr perfect? Heck no. But today he has returned to his previous self, the guy who was mixing it up and making clutch plays when it counted.

We win that game if Coleman doesn't give up the ball and the Rams then score off of that cheap re-possession of Coleman's interception. What a rookie mistake by a veteran player. He has been absent ALL year, and he ought to be unceremoniously CUT tomorrow. He can go join Aaron Glenn and reunite for a farwell tour of letting receivers get behind them for big plays.

Carr is not the problem. He has contributed to the problem, but he ain't the problem. I think he played his style of game today that we were accustomed to seeing before the last game of last year.

Sadly, this defensive unit is poorly coached and cannot come up with the clincher play when it counts. Of course, this has been the only time this year that they've been in that position...so I guess you can't really blame them.

18. oldtexan

oldtexan Rookie

Yes, Fire the entire team, they all suck at this point. And trade Carr for a good High School Player. I think one of the HS Playoff teams could be playing better than the Texans. I have been a big fan for 45 years, but today was just too much to stomach. How can a team loose a game like they did and still expect respect from the fans. The owner needs to do something today, do not wait.

19. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

I think Napa would still ***** about him...

20. Vinny

McNair isn't a coward. Just because you don't like this team (who does?) it doesn't make McNair whatever you want to decribe him as.