Would you do this Trade?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by RT22, Mar 11, 2010.

1. RT22

RT22 Veteran

Would you trade Houston Texans WR Jacoby Jones to the Buffalo Bills for RB Marshawn Lynch who is rumored to be out of favor in Buffalo? This is just a random thought that I had. To me it fills a need for both teams. The Bills trade a RB that has fallen out of favor and receives a WR that can replace T.O. and may be ready to become a #2 WR.(Also when Walter resigned that means JJ will be no more than a #3 WR for us). The Texans take a chance on a RB that is a complete RB that has some baggage and is still young (23 or 24) that I think can use a change of address and would fit well in our offense. I know most will say he is a trouble maker that the Texans front office have looked away from but I believe that we need some toughness on offense like Cushing/Pollard added on defense last season. What do you think?

2. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

3. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

I think Lynch is an ***** and want no part of him here.

4. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

No way Jacoby is one of my favorite players.

5. Hooston Texan

Hooston Texan All Pro

Nope. While JJ has had maturity issues, nobody claims that he's a disruptive influence in the lockerroom. Not so with Marshawn. Plus, Lynch had a three-game suspension last year from the league. Usually, the next offense after such a suspension nets a year-long ban. And, even when Lynch was playing, he got beaten out by Fred Jackson.

I have no problem with the idea of trading Jones for a solid RB, but I don't think Lynch qualifies as a solid RB.

6. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

No

I would trade a 5th rd pick for Lynch though.

That way when he gets suspended not much would be lost.

7. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

No thanks for bringing more crime to the city of Houston.

8. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

As much as I want another RB I would not trade Jones for Lynch. I know you may think that Jones will only be a #3 receiver. However, if he keeps making these key 43 yard receptions at the times that he did last season, he will find the #2 spot eventually. Even if he doesn't do it this year, Walter could eventually get old fast and Jacoby will be there.
    I think we've seen the best of Lynch and therefore feel the upside to Jacoby is greater.

Lastly, if Lynch is getting in the kind of trouble that he's getting into in Buffalo, who many players claim is the quietest most boring town in the NFL, no telling what kind of trouble is waiting for him in Houston.

9. 2slik4u

2slik4u All Pro

I might be in the minority here and say yes. sometimes new scenery helps players change their attitudes.

on another note, what does it even matter?

Since were playing the hypothetical game, would you trade Andre Johnson for Adrian Peterson?

Go ahead and marinate on that for a while. Im not sure I even know the answer to this one.

10. 2slik4u

2slik4u All Pro

Agreed. I am predicting JJ takes over the #2 role this year. Everyone will see a definite increase in his production, route running, and pass catching. Most WR's breakout in their third year, although last year was his third, he didnt exactly break out but IMHO showed definite growth as a WR. I think JJ will breakout in his 4th year in leiu of.

11. False Start

False Start On # 69

12. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

Lynch is injury prone and has character issues. No way.

Jacoby wouldn't be of much value to Buffalo since they have no one to throw down field to him.

13. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I don't think I would want Marshawn Lynch as a free agent much less through a trade.

14. Blake

Blake MMQB

No. For several reasons, but #1 being his gold teeth.

15. 2slik4u

2slik4u All Pro

good point. and the fact that he refers to himself as "beece mode"

16. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    True but this isn't Brad Lidge going elsewhere. This is a guy with every red flag possible, not to mention pretty average production last time I checked.
    Let me sprinkle some hell no on your marinade hahaha...I would trade AJ for AP, the whole Viking OL aaaaand their next 3 drafts, all rounds. If I seem ridiculous, I'm just answering the question presented.

I wouldn't trade JJ either. We've suffered through his progress and he's finally turning progress into production even buried behind sure fire starters. he's still a dynamic return man too. Frankly it's time to give him a REAL chance, not just be the x-factor type of player.

17. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

If it was one incident, then I could see giving a guy a chance. He has proven time and again that he can't stay out of trouble. He is an ***** and a thug, so no way. Jacoby has maturity problems, and even he thinks Lynch needs to grow up.

18. BullNation4Life

BullNation4Life Hall of Fame

Don't know if I agree with that. He has missed 7 games in 4 years, 3 of which were a manditory suspension by the league...

the character thing, his ESPN Fantasy Projection profile calls him a knucklehead...

19. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

No. JJ might be trade bait in future but not for this guy.

20. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I'll bite, I love hypothetical trade games. I think Schaub and Andre have something special and I don't think I would trade Andre for any player in the league. He's the center of our Offense, the reason why it works so well and all we need is support around him. Peterson is GREAT, but I don't give up Andre.

Pretty interesting idea though. I'm not worried about derailing this thread (no offense) but I think it was over by Post #2's "No" :)

But who in the entire NFL would y'all trade Andre Johnson for? I can't think of a single person that would make me do that. I think that says A LOT about Andre!