Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Would you do this trade?

I'm betting Brown is back after the bye. If he's not, he loses a year of service.

What if DB is willing to take his stance to the extreme by sitting out the season? Maybe he and his wife have made the right investments so from a financial standpoint, he's not worried. In the end...who really wins this standoff?

What if DB is willing to take his stance to the extreme by sitting out the season? Maybe he and his wife have made the right investments so from a financial standpoint, he's not worried. In the end...who really wins this standoff?
It's a loss for DB and what I would consider a wash for the Texans.

I would like to think DB has value but based on the reason for his holdout...I'm sure any trade will be contingent on him showing up to play or a team willing to guarantee the balance of his contract. Since AFN wasn't airing the Texans live, I watched the GB - Minn game b/c of Keenum. One thing for certain, GB's OL is bad, I mean really bad but with the loss of Rodgers, GB will probably just play the season out and grab their OL replacements in the draft. But, if the right deal presented itself...DB would be packing his bags.

At this point I think that's a real possibility, just like it's possible the Texans are prepared to resist Browns demands indefinitely. In other words it's possible what we have here between Brown and the Texans is a real stalemate.

I would like to think DB has value but based on the reason for his holdout...I'm sure any trade will be contingent on him showing up to play or a team willing to guarantee the balance of his contract. Since AFN wasn't airing the Texans live, I watched the GB - Minn game b/c of Keenum. One thing for certain, GB's OL is bad, I mean really bad but with the loss of Rodgers, GB will probably just play the season out and grab their OL replacements in the draft. But, if the right deal presented itself...DB would be packing his bags.
Left Tackles are a hot commodity right now and there are still 15 days before the trade deadline.
Sure, Texans are one of those teams that needs a quality LT, but Brown and Texans likely won't come to a satisfactory agreement and I am not so sure Brown would be good here any more.
This disagreement has to leave bad blood on the table and I really can't see FO backing down now. Does anyone really think FO will hand over the fine/lost contract money after he hasn't even played?
I believe that little sum is up around 3.4million right now.

Last edited:

Doc has posted Duane's financial stability, and even though he's doing perfectly well without game checks, I doubt he wants to void any NFL tenure for a multitude of current and future reasons. Nobody wins in this standoff, the losers are the guys on the field for this not being fixed (or at least a bandaid) before the season began.

Left Tackles are a hot commodity right now and there are still 15 days before the trade deadline.
Sure, Texans are one of those teams that needs a quality LT, but Brown and Texans likely won't come to a satisfactory agreement and I am not so sure Brown would be good here any more.
This disagreement has to leave bad blood on the table and I really can't see FO backing down now. Does anyone really think FO will hand over the fine/lost contract money after he hasn't even played?
I believe that little sum is up around 3.4million right now.

I love DB76, but I feel like he'll get hurt if he steps on the field for us.

I picked him up on FF glad I left him on the bench

Well with Palmer going down that hurts

Not that it matters now, but the man's current profession is football player. If he's set in investments or whatever, and didn't want to be a football player, then retire.

I don't know who the winner of the "standoff" is but I damn sure know who the loser was. The "investment" in himself just lost him $3M+

Not that it matters now, but the man's current profession is football player. If he's set in investments or whatever, and didn't want to be a football player, then retire.

I don't know who the winner of the "standoff" is but I damn sure know who the loser was. The "investment" in himself just lost him $3M+

& I can't imagine anyone paying him $10M+ for future seasons. Not even Rick.

Back