Would you be willing to.....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by otisbean, Nov 5, 2007.

1. otisbean

otisbean All Pro

Give an 09 first round pick for D Hall if the Texans are unable to sign a FA CB?

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

I wouldn't because he's a clubhouse cancer and overrated.

3. rollinstone18

rollinstone18 let it bleed

4. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

i doubt you get a single yes

5. houstonhurricane

houstonhurricane All Pro

Absolutely not.

6. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

YES...........:sarcasm:

7. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Yes, its about time we got a guy who has low character issues. It can only help this soft team we have now.

8. joedinkle

joedinkle Veteran

he's been doing alot of "helping" for the falcons right?

9. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

:crickets:

10. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I think I'd rather suck a fart out of a dead chickens ass. :pirate:

rollinstone18 likes this.
  11. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

D. Hall is a good corner. I wouldn't go as far as calling him a cancer. In the right situation any player flourish (Cris Carter, Randy Moss, etc...). If we were a player away from being a good solid team I would do it. We however are not.

12. jlam

jlam Veteran

Honestly, having seen my team play the guy twice a year for the last few seasons, I think the guy is ridiculously overrated.

Not even taking into account whether or not you like Hall's personality, he really does give up big play after big play because he likes to gamble for the flashy INT. Sure, once every so often that gamble pays off and he makes a great play on the ball, but the last several games we've played against him, we've beaten him for about 4 touchdowns. And it's not just us.

I don't deny the talet the guy has, and he's a hell of a threat with the ball in his hands, but I just wouldn't want him constantly getting toasted in my defensive backfield because he just wants the pick every here and there to show up in the stat sheet.

13. otisbean

otisbean All Pro

Well.... Just a thought. I haven't seen him play a ton as I have little to no interest in the Falcons. He is supposed to a be a number one corner, but if he is limited in coverage ability then he wouldn't help. Again just a thought. Depending on D Robs injury our secondary could be in serious trouble... this sucks....Fing injuries!

14. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

This team just needs to take another high draft pick, use it wisely (and not on the freaking D-line!), and get everybody healthy for next year. Eventually, we might have one year without a waterfall of injuries. I won't even ask what the status is on Spencer right now. I'm just assuming he'll back (at 60%) for next preseason.

15. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

i'd give a third

16. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

No to a 1st rounder but i would not have a problem with a 3 4 5th

17. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Not a first round, but I would give up a second day pick and hide in the contract that they also get Ron Dayne.

I don't understand some people who are against DHall. I guess if you don't like hard nose CB's that makes plays on the ball, has attitude and the ability to back it up, I can see why you would not to like him. If that is the case the flower shop girl who has a sweet smile will be more than happy to play CB for the Texans.

DHall has not said anything about his coach or his team that is not true. DHall is an unselfish player that wants to win and is a fiery competitor. I would love to have this man on my team, more so than Samuel. DHall has played at an elevated level since coming into the league in 04 where as Samuel just recently got good over the couple of few years.

We better hope the Texans do something B/C I seriously doubt DRob will play next year. DRob does not have just one, but two major tears in his knee. This is another Charles Spencer situation.

So take your pick, Faggins or DHall.

On second thought, with how the Texans draft in the first round, yes I would give up the 09 pick. It would only be worth a 26-27 pick anyway.

18. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Hall is not a "hard nose cb that makes plays on the ball". He is a loudmouth who gets burned fairly often for being a supposed "shutdown corner". He commits ***** penalties for running his mouth and DPI a lot. He does get a pick here and there, but in all honesty, I'd rather the Texans groom somebody from the draft, rather than give up a draft pick that is way too high (because ATL will try to get all they can for him). If we're talking second day pick, I wouldn't mind trying him on for a bit. But definitley not either of our first day picks.

Sorry but Hall is exactly the selfish kind of player that lets a coverage get blown because he wanted to make an attempt at a fancy play. He is an "I" player, because it's always about what he is doing. When he talks to the media, or whatnot. Did you read about Daunta Robinson throwing his teammates or his coaches under the bus in the media when the Texans were the laughing stock of the league? No. And I don't want some jackass in the locker room talking about how bad some players might be, when he himself has been burned quite a bit over the season. Pass.

I'll take Asante Samuels/Aquib Talib/Mike Jenkins/Reggie Smith thank you. And really, I'd like to have one of the players that are in the draft over Samuels anyway.

Andre Johnson, Daunta Robinson, Amobi Okoye, Mario Williams, and Travis Johnson.

vs

Leon Hall, Jonathan Joseph, David Pollack, Chris Perry, Carson Palmer, Levi Jones.

That's one comparison vs another team and their firsts for the past 6 years. Hmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Just cause you didn't like the Williams pick (which is what I am assuming you don't like) doesn't mean that the Texans can't spot talent in the first round. I don't know if our 2009 pick will be in the high twenties. Lets hope so.

19. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

I would be willing to give up a number 1 in trade for Hall and a no. 2 pick.

Imatexanfan likes this.
  20. Xetuoh1836

Xetuoh1836 Rookie

Heck, I'll do you one better! I'll trade our current no.#3 this year and next!:gun: