Would the Texans trade D Davis to...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Sopranos, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Sopranos

Sopranos Rookie

The Colts for a first rounder. This is being thrown around on the radio here in Indy. Wanted to see what you guys thought. If your taking Bush and keep Wells it sounds like a good idea. Although being in the same division would make it less likely.:stirpot:

2. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

Indy radio needs to stop throwing around crack and ridiculous ideas.
    Of course we would trade DD for a first rounder(in theory... cap issues may make it an unattractive idea), but Indy would never make such an offer.
    If the idea behind your first ever post is to :stirpot: , you may need to come with a more realistic scenario...

3. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

No we wouldnt. Cap implications aside.. we still need him. And wouldnt give him to a rival.

4. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

For a first round pick? I beleive we would.

5. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Where do we sign?

6. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

I believe I'd take that deal. Draft Bush #1, have Bush and Morency at RB, resign Wells, and draft Mangold, TE or OL with the pick from the Colts...

7. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

DD for a first round? In a heartbeat, even late in the draft. He's a solid player, but we could use a pick like that to fill some holes. Decent RB's are fairly easy to find these days if you build a consistently good o-line. And I think Kubiak will be all about fixing our line.

8. jgite

jgite Rookie

I like D. Davis but that would be a trade I would seriously consider. But the cap hit would be a large, me thinks.

9. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

We do that and then give the Broncos our 1st round '07 pick for their two '06's and we could have 4 1st round picks and not lose any of this years picks in the process :drool:

10. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Denver wants more than one pick in 07 for their 2 first round picks this season...

11. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

In a heartbeat.

12. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

Ok, we'll just throw another pick in there

13. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

I'll take a 2nd later 1st round pick, but honestly 4 first round picks? For one, I don't know if we could handle that cap wise, second this draft is so deep there's no need to load up with 4 picks in the first round, third that would more than likely leave us with 1 or no first day picks next season.

14. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I'd take the original offer myself. I swear this team actually does better when Wells plays, despite the fact that DD gets all that pass yardage. This is assuming that we do take Bush.

15. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

:shocked :wow:

are you being serious or sarcastic there? :confused:

Indy has Rhodes who is a good back. They will be looking for more draft positions, not trading them away, IMHO. Not sure what the radio jockey was snorting when he cooked this 'rumor' up, but I am pretty sure it wasn't something he heard from a reputable source within the team.

16. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

People need to start realizing what people are worth. Daunte Culpepper was a MVP type guy a couple of years back and is still considered a top QB. They got a 2nd rounder for him. That means Carr would get maybe a 3rd or 4th and the same with DD.

17. outofhnd

outofhnd All Pro

What people are worth, was not the question posed. I think the question was if the colts offered their 1st round pick (with their defense losing some key players I highly doubt they would trade at all) for Domanick Davis, I would have to say NO even if we did draft bush what if he is a 1 play and out for the season type back who never really makes it in the NFL? it could potentially be the Boselli curse at LT only this time at RB.. I say if we draft bush keep em both and if bush lives up to the hype then trade DD. But I would feel much more comfortable knowing I have 2 great running backs in the backfield.. at least for the first year of Bush's career.

18. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Even with Culpepper having some injury considerations and publically stating he wanted out, the Dolphins stold Culpepper by getting him for only a 2 rounder.

19. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

I dont think they stole him at all. His knees are shot. 1 good wack and he is out for 4 to 6 weeks. Duante's best days are behind him...

But I would also trade Davis for Indy's 1st this year.

20. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

OK, I'd take a first rounder. But my point was that I don't think a team would offer near that. Top backs weren't garnering that type of pick last year.