Worst NFL Commentator

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Jimbobway, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Jimbobway

Jimbobway Rookie

2. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

JAWS is #5...I prefer him over most!

3. PsychoLove

PsychoLove Church Of FSM

I am surprised Randy Cross did not make the list!

4. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Duckface at 15. :lol:

5. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

gruden does kinda always look like he needs to poop or something :kitten:

6. Scooter

Scooter Funky

i have michael irvin, skip bayless and mike mayock in my top 3 ... far ahead of anyone else.

7. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Proof once again that many football players are highly paid morons with really thin skin. Skip Bayless should be #1 to the extent they said screw the rest of the list. Aikman they don't like because he breaks shit down and calls it like he sees it. Dude is one of the best commentators out there. I have been waiting for us to get enough exposure for him to call some of our games.

8. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

I think since he's with Fox we'd have to get a matchup with an NFC team for him to do a game.

I think he's one of the best by far.

Skip Bayless is a douche. But, he polarizes people and that gets him attention.

9. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Only Irvin makes me want to change the station when I hear him speak. Although Simms, Bradshaw, and Millen come close.

I guess they didn't bother to ask why these particular guys got on the players' nerves. I'd kinda like to know that.

10. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I don't always agree with him, but Collinsworth is about as good as there is these days as a color analyst. As far as studio shows go, I'm warming to the NFLN crew of Eisen, Mooch, Warner, Faulk, Sapp, and Irvin. They seem to have a good chemistry and they're not stiff.

11. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I'm very surprised that Collinsworth is #1. He comes off as a know it all at times, but overall he's a solid commentator. Skip Bayless should be #1.

12. GP

GP Go Texans!

I get tired of the schtick between Bradshaw and Long. They always start goofing around with one another and playing their inside jokes, then they start laughing hysterically and put their cue cards up to their mouth and lean over in their chairs to talk privately with one another while James Brown giggles and tale over them.

That show is LAME. It used to be good, but now it's just like watching junior high kids at the school cafeteria lunch table and they're all hopped up on Jolt Cola. Am I right?

THE WORST:

KORNHEISER: The #1 most irritating guy was Tony Kornheiser, but he's not calling NFL games anymore. Was there anybody as bad as him?

THEISMANN: Joe Theismann was pretty bad. Extreme hyperbole all the time, dramatics to the extreme when he talks about things.

MAGUIRE: Is Paul Maguire still calling games? He called Oilers games a lot way back when (on NBC) and he was a major league dyck the whole time...I guess it's only fitting since he was a Bills player back in his time.

COLLINSWORTH: I can't stand Collinsworth's delivery. It's so nasal and whiny sounding. He reminds me of Will Arnett on valium. He has good insight, don't get me wrong, but I don't like listening to him.

-----------

THE BEST:

MICHAELS: Al Michaels is THE BEST. Always has been, always will be. He knows when to talk, when to shut up, and his voice can make a wolverine purr. Suits so fine, makes Sinatra look like a hobo. Al Michaels is the balls.

AIKMAN: Low key, doesn't try to over-deliver, and knows his stuff.

BALDINGER: Long live Crooked Pinkie! He breaks stuff down, calls 'em like he sees 'em, and I just always like to watch him break film down and analyze stuff.

13. GP

GP Go Texans!

EDIT: Just now saw the list.

I would have put Joe Buck in my Top 3 "Worst" had I known he still calls football games. For some reason, I thought he was just baseball.

Listening to Joe Buck should be an alternative to sedation or anesthetic in a surgery. Because the guy can put you to sleep.

You know the nighttime "soothing sounds" machines that play white noise and stuff? It should have a Joe Buck setting. Zzzzzzzz.............

I think it's unfair that Bayless was at #8, too. Top 5, easily, IMO.

Unfair that Aikman was at #4. Why? I didn't get that.

14. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

What, no Gus Johnson as best announcer? That guy's like bacon, he'll make the most boring game ever exciting.

15. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Chuckie?
    Sapp?
    Mayock???

Worst?????

C'mon, man?

16. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

I have always liked Collinsworth. He seems like cool guy. That poll lost all credibilty when it left off who in my opinion should be #1 ... Dan Dierdorf. I have to turn down the volume when he is on because I cannot take his constant arse kissing.

17. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

I agree, Collingsworth is outstanding so it makes me wonder just what these
    players base their evaluations on ?
    Mike Mayoc is my favorite NFL-Draft analyst but just don't let him do any NFL games with PA based teams (Steelers & Eagles) because he's such a homer and totally lacks objectivity about players on either one of those teams in his home state. If you've heard him the last few weeks on the Thursday night NFL.COM games you know what I mean ?

18. PsychoLove

PsychoLove Church Of FSM

Mine would be:

1. Skip Bayless
    2. Cris Collinsworth
    3. Randy Cross
    4. Dieon Sanders
    5. Joe Buck

19. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I cannot stand Ian Eagle. If going to the playoffs this year accomplishes nothing else, please let it move the team up beyond the Ian Eagle assignment.

20. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Tony Dungy! He needs to go back to coaching and leave the commentary to someone else.

Not crazy about Bradshaw. Much to animated IMHO.

Chuckie and Huey are nice to look at, but thats about all!!:smiliepalm: