Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Worried - I'm Feeling Confident

Spike

Waterboy
I am getting worried because I am getting excited about this weekend's game and feeling good about our chances. I am 0 for 3 this season when I get this feeling in my gut...

I am getting worried because I am getting excited about this weekend's game and feeling good about our chances. I am 0 for 3 this season when I get this feeling in my gut...

I'm number 782 I believe you are waiting in the same line at number 783.

SOaB!!!

49ers Michael Lewis (starting SS) is out vs Houston.

This opens up the entire right side of the field for Schaub and AJ.

Oh joy.

I'm worried, because i'm going to the game this Sunday, and the one game i didn't go to so far this year(Raiders, complicated reasons)was the only time they won at home this year. It may be because i wore my battle red Demeco jersey to both, but i'm going to wear my new cushing one and hope the third time is the charm.

I'm with you. They have always seemed to win the games you least expect and to lose win they are favored. :choke:

lol! yeah, it's a strange feeling to have as a Texans fan. But go with it and enjoy it. I actually feel pretty good about Sunday, as well. I think it should be a good game, and if our Texans represent like we know they can, then our optimism will be rewarded accordingly.

:texflag:

3192435737_6d81f4bb88.jpg

Please, keep these "good feelings about the game and we end up losing" posts coming.

Am I the only one that's really worried about this one?

Then again, we're 2-0 when that happens, so :spin: .

Remember, the Texans are very consistent this year. They win one, lose one, win one lose one, etc etc.

Not a good sign for next week :(

Cushing has an injured foot. He may or may not go, but luckily Linebacker
is where we have the most depth. Bentley should do a good job if Cushing
can't go. It ain't like the 49ers' biggest threat is offense. I'd rest him
till the Colts game if it's a serious foot injury. Cush has not practiced all
week.

This is the type of game that playoff teams win more than they lose. We are home with a team at our level. Deos not have to be eay or pretty, but almost has to be a win.

This is the type of game that playoff teams win more than they lose. We are home with a team at our level. Deos not have to be eay or pretty, but almost has to be a win.

I would assume that is the case for both teams. Both teams MUST win this game if they hope to make the playoffs.

SF is actually playing better on the road than they are at home (which is nice for a change). Hopefully they play the type of game they did vs the Vikings. If they do, they win. I doubt they do though.

I would assume that is the case for both teams. Both teams MUST win this game if they hope to make the playoffs.

SF is actually playing better on the road than they are at home (which is nice for a change). Hopefully they play the type of game they did vs the Vikings. If they do, they win. I doubt they do though.

Sadly, It would appear, we are too. :bubbles:

Very good point. I am a bit worried about Frank Gore. Our rushing defense has been much better the past few games, but I hope we don't have a down game on Sunday.

Very good point. I am a bit worried about Frank Gore. Our rushing defense has been much better the past few games, but I hope we don't have a down game on Sunday.

For the 49ers to win Sunday, Gore has to be a beast. He needs to have a Seattle type game where he breaks several long runs. It is sad that Gore is our biggest threat to break something long.

I was confident for the game vs. the Jets, then after that I threw confidence out the window and went with cautionary optimism.

For the 49ers to win Sunday, Gore has to be a beast. He needs to have a Seattle type game where he breaks several long runs. It is sad that Gore is our biggest threat to break something long.

This is why pollard with the Flu worries me, he is my security blanket.

Well I am glad the game is in Houston then.

Here's to Crabtree being "welcomed to the NFL" with a gift TD.

the only "welcome to the NFL" gift he will get is picking his ass up off the turf after being leveled by Pollard!!!:aggressive:

week.

You know he didn't practice all of last week with the same foot injury right?

I'm scared as well. I feel like we need to put a winning streak together and that starts by getting a win in our house against a pissed off team coming off of a blowout loss with an extra week to think about what they've done.

The best way to bring them back down to earth is to hit them in the mouth and make them feel like they're playing Atlanta all over again from the very beginning. A big play or two to start things off by any unit of our team would go a long way in taking their spirit.

week.

I saw on Twitter that Cushing felt fine today and will start on Sunday from Nick Scurfield.

Good news for Texans' D: Cushing practiced today and is "ready to go." Mario took all his reps. Pollard is back and feeling fine
about 6 hours ago from Echofon

As far as the game goes, I have a deep feeling in my gut we will find a way to win this one, and the feelings that originate there have been dead on all season. I felt horrible going in the Jax game and the Cardinals game, it just didn't feel right to me. I think it's time to rip the monkey off our back and kick his ass!

If Gore is a little tender from his injury it coulld be a rough day for him.

Imjury problems with Cush were known back when he was drafted and one of the reasons fans did not want to draft him.

From Rotoworld:

"Texans SS Bernard Pollard (flu) returned to practice Friday and is expected to play Sunday against San Francisco."

I finished watching Falcons at Niners. The key to the blowout the Falcons
put on the Niners was getting up by 2 scores or more. The 49ers are a young
team, but they don't yet have the poise to come back from large deficits.
In fact, they tend to get even MORE self destructive the further down they
get.

Shaun Hill has no arm, receivers, or time to read a defense; however, he
has deceptive foot speed and can run for first downs. Bottom line..

Our offense had better show up early to this game, and help our defense
out. Their offense leads the league in 3-and-outs. Our defense leads
the league in FORCING 3-and-outs. If the offense shows up to do its job
on the first 3 or 4 series, then the game will be a rout.

Everybody and their grandmomma nationally are choosing the Texans to win
this week. They need to follow through on the expectations and get
a freaking win. No more of this, as Sterling Sharpe said yesterday, "When
you fall in love with the Texans, that's when they sorta pull their pants
down."

Our defense leads
the league in FORCING 3-and-outs.

Yeah, it turns out that is true.... I had no idea till now, I just looked it up...

We must win this! They lead the league in 3 and outs and our defenses leads the league in forcing 3 and outs!

:d:

Yeah, it turns out that is true.... I had no idea till now, I just looked it up...

We must win this! They lead the league in 3 and outs and our defenses leads the league in forcing 3 and outs!

:d:

Why did u repeat yourself in the same sentence...... Have u been drinking a lil ... And so early . Like the Monday night crew say "CMon' 'man"

We're at .500. How does this team typically play when we're at .500?

Although we have the capability of playing well and winning a game, like we did against the Bengals, we're still the youngest team in the NFL, and coming out flat against the 9ers is more than just a possibility.

No, I'm not confident at all. I'm scared as hell, as matter of fact.

We've been in this situation too may times before.

yeah i wonder what our record is whenever we go into a game with a .500 record? It's gotta be terrible.

So your confident, but your not confident in your confidence. Do I have it straight.

Just kidding I'm right there with you, it's unussuall to have these feelings in week 7 of the regular season as a Texans fan, this ussually fades in week 2. I'm enjoying it though.

I'm pretty locked in myself. I think the Texans are going to dismantle the 9ers tomorrow. That said the 9ers probably make this a physical game and win in a low scoring slugfest since every time I feel like this the Texans seem to pull the rug out from me. The way they have played the last two weeks makes me think the team is turning that proverbial corner though. I really like the Texans to win big tomorrow.

http://thesportsculture.com/2009/02/18/lets-get-physical-with-an-f/

I'm pretty locked in myself. I think the Texans are going to dismantle the 9ers tomorrow. That said the 9ers probably make this a physical game and win in a low scoring slugfest since every time I feel like this the Texans seem to pull the rug out from me. The way they have played the last two weeks makes me think the team is turning that proverbial corner though. I really like the Texans to win big tomorrow.

http://thesportsculture.com/2009/02/18/lets-get-physical-with-an-f/

I know, I feel the same way...

Everytime I become positive about this team (and I really do think they'll win tomorrow), they turn around and punch me in the stomach... Or like Sterling Sharpe said....they pull their pants down. So I'm going to try not to get my expectations too high about tomorrow.

I'll make a promise here though....if they do find some way to lose this game at home, I won't come on here and rant about it. I'm done with that, if they lose tomorrow, I simply won't have any more energy left. Apathy and frustration will begin to take over. It's about time this team wins games they are supposed to win and need to win.......and it needs to start at home tomorrow and continue through the next week. If this team really wants to fight for a playoff spot, they need to be 5-3 going into that Colts' game.

Last edited:

I'm much more concerned about our offense doing it's thing against a physical football team. There are certain teams that push our O-Line around all game, and it's usually a real physical team that does that to us.

Back