word in jj watt is a poor man..

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by coltfan123, Dec 10, 2012.

1. coltfan123

coltfan123 Veteran

2. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

It's good to see the league finally being proactive about something, instead of reactive. Lets be honest, Watt is going to get a good legal hit on Brady tonight that will draw a flag and possibly a fine.

Haha

3. GP

GP Go Texans!

I'll tell you what this policy of the league is going to end up doing: Getting QBs injured and out for the season.

At some point, if a team's defense is getting wrongly penalized and the player fined, for hitting the QB in a way that's technically legal but still very punishing in its style, then why wouldn't a defensive player just say "To hell with it, I'm going to take the QB completely OUT and just absorb the fine and even a suspension."

Especially in AFC-AFC games or NFC-NFC games where the two teams might meet again in the playoffs.

The league thinks they are doing the right thing, but their system is so arbitrary and silly (in its application) that I think we'll see a defensive player, even if it's a "choir boy" for that matter, take out the QB on purpose.

What's the point in penalizing and fining a guy like Watt for a solid tackle on a QB when he could just go ahead and remove the QB with all intention of doing so?

The league is going to cause defenders to ultimately hate the QB enough to do that to him. Several more guys getting unjust penalties and fines, and the players will send a signal that the rules need to be fairly applied.

4. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Great find.

5. coltfan123

coltfan123 Veteran

jj watt might make a trophy room where he hangs the heads of former nfl qbs lol

6. Ranger Tom

Ranger Tom Hall of Fame

I don't think it was quite as over-the-top as it should have been, but definitely amusing.

7. TD

TD TT Huckaboo

:spit: Completely lost it there.

8. Trail.Blazr

Trail.Blazr All Pro

Just as in Hockey, a team should have a roster slot for an "ENFORCER", of whom is paid to do one thing... go offsides, unabated to the QB, where a POWER BOMB is applied.

9. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

I felt blonde for a second, it took me till the second paragraph to catch on,,,long day :vincepalm:

10. cdollaz

cdollaz All Pro

I think it was too over-the-top. The first part was great, as it points out the absurdity of the penalties/fines that have been levied recently. But then it just became a pro-Texans circle jerk in the second half.

The brilliance of The Onion is that they can mock in a way that is subtle, where most people get the joke, but also can get a certain % of people to buy into the article. After reading this whole thing, it becomes obvious that it is something that, while funny at times, was obviously written by a Texans fan.

11. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

I couldn't believe my ear and a half had me about done. Classic.

12. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

The name of the poster should of been a clue. Uprooted texan