Wong Injury

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Paragon Blue, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Paragon Blue

Paragon Blue Veteran

Has anyone talked about Wong's injury? Do you guys think it's an ACL? Hope it's nothing serious. :crying:

2. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I am not optimistic about it. Wong is one of my favorite players, too. Get well soon, KW!

3. slyfox68

slyfox68 Veteran

They just reported that Wong was out for the season on the Texans post-game show on Channel 13. Good luck #54 Troy Evans.

4. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

You could tell as Wong got on the cart he was out for the season. Didn't read his lips actually say it, but you know the knee is blown.

Why was Evans even in the game? He and Polk kept switching in and out. Polk is the far superior player. Evans is a special teams/emergency player--that is it. Yet another great Fangio decision.

5. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I think the defense likes to rotate players in and out to keep people fresh - Charlie Anderson also gets a lot of playing time. We could have a discussion about why these players need to be rested during a game, but that goes back to the way we practice during the week compared to other teams in the league.

6. One thing I didn't really factor in in my predictions for this season was injuries. I knew we were going to start off slow, but with key injuries this early we aren't even going to make my pessimistic expectations from well before Spring Training. Both Wong and Babin are out. That hurts people. Babin was good and Wong was our best LB. We will remain the worst defense all year. Did anyone see the OLE again by Buchanon? Pathetic.

7. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Didnt Evans get an interception?

that sucks about Wong.

8. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Troy Evans has our only turnover of the season.

9. He did, the play called for the 2 LBs and a lineman to drop back, Hasselbeck never even saw him.

10. mean mark8

mean mark8 Veteran

Actually, in a post-game interview, Evans said he was blitzing and got blocked backwards into the path of the ball. So, he got lucky after getting whooped.

11. wow, it sure did look like he ran up to the line in a read an react type play, then once he read it was pass he dropped back. That should show how inept our defense is....they get lucky on a play designed to do something else.

12. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

:brickwall Can it get any worse for us? :texans: :bomb:

13. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

It could....If Cass & Capers convince McNair that they were on the right track until these "key" injuries... :pigfly:

14. THEFUTURE

THEFUTURE All Pro

i will say this, watching Jamie Sharper come up to Wong after Wong got on the cart was a class act move by sharper

15. touttail

touttail All Pro

At least Evans got an interception, better than we can say for the other linebackers!

It's a shame that Kalee plays his heart out and gets a season ending injury for his efforts.

bobby 119C :brickwall

16. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

We do now, but we didn't used to. Posey, Wong, Sharper & Foreman played every snap unless there were less LB's on the field. Same thing in 2003 the vast majority of the time. Last year they started playing with the OLB's, but when Foreman went down Polk filled in. Now they seem fascinated with swapping people in and out. There are good reasons for DL rotation--although we seem to be doing that too much now as well IMO--but the LB's should be able to stay on the field. INT or not, Evans does not belong out there in a non-special teams role.

17. William.carter

William.carter Veteran

Evans was one of the few guys to come up with a stop on Alexander. He has out only turnover of the season and he's a solid inside LB in my opinion. He did better than Wong had been doing inside this season in my opinion.

18. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

They said on 610 this morning that it's a season ending injury.

19. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Too bad for Wong...one of the good guys on the team. I hope he has a good recovery. I'm not big on Wong inside but he is a better player than Evans....Evans isn't fast or quick enough to play inside on a regular basis.

20. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

From this mornings Chronicle:

The bad news hardly ended after the Texans gave up a franchise-record 320 rushing yards. Shortly afterward, they learned inside linebacker Kailee Wong — who has started every game in franchise history — is out for the rest of the season with a torn patellar tendon in his right knee.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3399279