Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

WolverineFan NFL Mock Draft (v1)

WolverineFan

Hall of Fame
Using draft order from NFL.com...

1) Cleveland - *DeShone Kizer (QB, Notre Dame)

2) Carolina - *Myles Garrett (EDGE, Texas A&M)

3) Chicago - *Deshaun Watson (QB, Clemson)

4) San Francisco - *Derek Barnett (EDGE, Tennessee)

5) NY Jets - *Leonard Fournette (RB, LSU)

6) Indianapolis - *Cam Robinson (OT, Alabama)

7) Miami - Carl Lawson (EDGE, Auburn)

8) San Diego - *JuJu Smith-Schuster (WR, USC)

9) Cincinnati - *Zach Cunningham (LB, Vanderbilt)

10) Jacksonville - *Adoree Jackson (CB, USC)

11) New Orleans - *Jabrill Peppers (S, Michigan)

12) Tampa Bay - *Jamal Adams (S, LSU)

13) Detroit - *Malik McDowell (DT, Michigan State)

14) Arizona - *Brad Kaaya (QB, Miami)

15) Baltimore - Tim Williams (EDGE, Alabama)

16) Tennessee (from LA) - Mike Williams (WR, Clemson)

17) Tennessee - *Marlon Humphrey (CB, Alabama)

18) NY Giants - Jonathan Allen (DL, Alabama)

19) Cleveland (from PHI) - Desmond King (CB, Iowa)

20) Kansas City - *Malik Hooker (S, Ohio State)

21) Green Bay - *Dalvin Cook (RB, Florida State)

22) Buffalo - *Mike McGlinchey (OT, Notre Dame)

23) Denver - Patrick Elflein (C, Ohio State)

24) Washington - Demarcus Walker (DL, Florida State)

25) Atlanta - *Jalen Tabor (CB, Florida)

26) Houston - Eddie Jackson (S, Alabama)

27) Pittsburgh - Tre'Davious White (CB, LSU)

28) Seattle - Dan Feeney (OG, Indiana)

29) Oakland - *Sidney Jones (CB, Washington)

30) Dallas - Corey Davis (WR, Western Michigan)

31) New England - Charles Harris (EDGE, Missouri)

32) Philadelphia (from MIN) - Cordrea Tankersley (CB, Clemson)

No worries. And didn't mean that as a real critique of your draft, just can't help putting my stupid GM hat on for the Texans every time I see a mock.

No problem with that I do the same thing. If I'm making the choice according to that board I agree with @bah007 and take a CB but I'm taking Sidney Jones over White.

Ramczyk or McMillon or my favorite Forrest Lamp.

I'm glad you started up the conversation.

BTW, what rd do you see Jourdan Lewis going in. I really like that guy. Best CB in this draft. IMHO

It's been said by many of us that the O-line, specifically OT, is our biggest need and I agree. With the top 2 OT's gone in WF's mock would you consider taking a top TE instead? I noticed that you have no TE's going in the 1st round and it seems to be a good year for TE's.

It's been said by many of us that the O-line, specifically OT, is our biggest need and I agree. With the top 2 OT's gone in WF's mock would you consider taking a top TE instead? I noticed that you have no TE's going in the 1st round and it seems to be a good year for TE's.

I've got OJ Howard and Bucky Hodges with first round looks right now. Wouldn't take either in this particular scenario for simply wanting someone else more, but so far wouldn't be mad at either depending on how the chips fall.

Btw, sorry if that question was meant for anyone in particular, just saw it and decided to take a stab.

I've got OJ Howard and Bucky Hodges with first round looks right now. Wouldn't take either in this particular scenario for simply wanting someone else more, but so far wouldn't be mad at either depending on how the chips fall.

Btw, sorry if that question was meant for anyone in particular, just saw it and decided to take a stab.

Sorry I wasn't more clear, yes that question was for everyone. I like Howard and Butt, Hodges seems more like a big WR than a true NFL TE. I just think our draft will be heavily favored towards the offense again, and this seems to be a good year for a TE. I think Griffin only has 1 more year on his rookie contract and wouldn't mind him staying but not at anything over vet. minimum, very disappointed in him.

I think OJ Howard has a good chance to go 1st round. I also like Jordan Leggett from Clemson but he's going under the radar so far. The rest have flaws. Butt is an atrocious blocker and doesn't have the athleticism to be a pure flex, Engram is a flex/h-back who is unlikely to have insane measurables to make up for his size, and Hodges is extremely raw.

Sorry I wasn't more clear, yes that question was for everyone. I like Howard and Butt, Hodges seems more like a big WR than a true NFL TE. I just think our draft will be heavily favored towards the offense again, and this seems to be a good year for a TE. I think Griffin only has 1 more year on his rookie contract and wouldn't mind him staying but not at anything over vet. minimum, very disappointed in him.

Agree on Griffin. He has perpetually teased us with glimpses of greater things to come but that corner never gets turned.

About three times a year he looks like he might be about to bust out and become a TE that can be a featured contributor but just as quickly as it happens it disappears. Fiedo can do that for less money (now) and he may actually still be on his way to becoming a real consistent threat.

Sad break for Jackson, he was worthy of a 1st rd pick. Great returner too, high character guy. Hope he can make it back in time for the combine. Freak play.

What QB's are going to be available and good value at 18-20? Texans won't be picking 26th

What QB's are going to be available and good value at 18-20? Texans won't be picking 26th
Only a wild azz guess at this point but I would venture a guess of Chad Kelly but I honestly don't see that happening with Osweiler locked in for 2017 at $19MM.

Kelly, Brad Kaaya, Mitch Trubisky. Not endorsing any of them either, just naming dudes.

And like Texian said, guesses at best right now with a ton of moving up and down left to go.

Plenty will be available. None will be good value. This is a bad year to need QB or OT.

The only guy I would even consider around 20 is Kaaya but that's with the intention of him not starting as a rookie.

Reactions: JB
Back