Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Wolf6151 January 2010 mock.

If Jolly gets off on his Drug charges I would be for bringing him home.

They need to get a vet. DT that already knows the ropes of the NFL. The upcoming season isn't the year for OJT. (see OkOye)

A successful offseason in FA would include Jolly and Kuper. Both could be had for reasonable contracts.

I've read that the 49ers are going to cut Nate Clements this offseason. It's an uncapped year and they can get from under his contract with no cap ramifications.

Would you sign him and if so for how many years/$ ?

Just answering a question, not advocating. I frankly didn't see Franklin enough to have an opinion but have heard good things about him.

I've heard good things about him too which is why that's interesting because we don't hear or see the same things in regards to Amobi, yet their numbers are almost identical, just FYI.

I've heard good things about him too which is why that's interesting because we don't hear or see the same things in regards to Amobi, yet their numbers are almost identical, just FYI.

I guess it could be a Sharper v. Foreman thing. Looking at profootballfocus.com Franklin has a lot more stops (failed O plays) while Amobi had a ton more QB pressures. Of course Franklin is playing 3-4 NT so that isn't surprising. Might be a great guy to stick next to Amobi.

I guess it could be a Sharper v. Foreman thing. Looking at profootballfocus.com Franklin has a lot more stops (failed O plays) while Amobi had a ton more QB pressures. Of course Franklin is playing 3-4 NT so that isn't surprising. Might be a great guy to stick next to Amobi.

If the 49'ers are unable to re-sign him it would force them to use one of their two first rd. picks on a DT like Dan Williams to execute a steller 3-4. so his value to them is higher than numbers alone may indicate, but yeah if the Texans could pry him away without paying Antonio Smith type numbers? guess we're not going to worry about cap hell anymore but still seems like a disproportionate amount of dollars would be spent on the DL.

If the 49'ers are unable to re-sign him it would force them to use one of their two first rd. picks on a DT like Dan Williams to execute a steller 3-4. so his value to them is higher than numbers alone may indicate, but yeah if the Texans could pry him away without paying Antonio Smith type numbers? guess we're not going to worry about cap hell anymore but still seems like a disproportionate amount of dollars would be spent on the DL.

I don't expect the Texans to spend a ton on DT. I think they will expect Barwin to develop as a passing down edge rusher with Smith moving inside. That leaves any new DT as a 2 down player and most likely they won't open the piggy bank too far for that. Whether that is the best course is another matter, but that's what I expect. Having said that I don't think they think another Smith type contract is breaking piggy, but we'll see.

I don't expect the Texans to spend a ton on DT. I think they will expect Barwin to develop as a passing down edge rusher with Smith moving inside. That leaves any new DT as a 2 down player and most likely they won't open the piggy bank too far for that. Whether that is the best course is another matter, but that's what I expect. Having said that I don't think they think another Smith type contract is breaking piggy, but we'll see.

They couldn't really operate assuming that Barwin is going to develop though and not have something bite them in the ass right? I don't think they have to break the bank or anything like that, but we should definitely be in the market for somebody to play NT.

Back