Wojo on Reggie Bush...and Mario

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by HoustonFrog, Feb 2, 2010.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Chitown Frog

I figured this would come up at some point and I know this gets the blood boiling...the season is basically closed for most teams. So enjoy and rant if you want. The article is actually pretty good..just exclude the comparisons, etc.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=4880421&sportCat=nfl

2. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Go Colts!

3. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

In the long haul of their careers, Williams, Bush and Young will be forever linked whether they (or us) like it or not. It's just one of those things. Four years later, I'd rather have Williams than Bush or Young, as would the huge majority of NFL teams if given the choice.

The question is, what will people be thinking another four years down the line? Will Williams still be the consensus choice in another four years? Stay turn to As the NFL turns. Well, that is if it doesn't go on strike. LOL

4. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

This "new and improved" Reggie Bush crap after that one playoff game is about the biggest pile of bullshit the media has strutted out here all season long. Just before that one ****ing game, he was talked about as an under achiever, a guy who still couldn't run well in the NFL, a waste of money, and a ton of other things. Then he has one playoff game where he has some nice runs where he runs with some force and initiates some contact and all of these pencil neck media writers crank out some new fiasco about this new and improved Reggie Bush who finally had the light turned on. :rolleyes:

The journalists around the sports media just gets worse and worse I swear. They were frying Bush all year long and after that one game against the ****ing Cardinals soft ass defense, they act like he's all of a sudden another physical version of Maurice Jones Drew despite doing hardly anything all season long.

5. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

i know it's just an exhibition game, but this bum hasn't even been an alternate for the pro bowl to my knowledge. So how at this point, is it even a question any more of whether or not we picked the right guy especially when our guy has been selected by his peers & coaches to go twice & been acknowledged as 1 of the top at his position?

Reginald is nothing more than a very poor man's eric metcalf playing behind a great qb.

6. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

We might assume from the tone of this editorial, that the Texans and not the Saints would be playing in the Super Bowl had Houston selected Reggie Bush instead of Mario Williams.

7. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

DeMeco Ryans over all of the above. :howdy:

8. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Chitown Frog

At this point I like Metcalf more.

9. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I can't wait till next year when the talking heads start to tell other teams how bad they were for not drafting Demeco and Cushing when we go to the playoffs

:spin:

10. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

With the #1 pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select the rights to draft Brian Cushing, Linebacker from USC in 2009.

Back on topic. I find it interesting that if this guy (Bush) is so good. Why is there even the possibility that he could be cut. It's highly unlikely but if it wasn't for his goodwill with the fanbase the fact is he's overpaid for his services on the field. I think by cutting him, they would save $20MM over the next two years. That's astounding.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  11. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Didn't Bush almost fumble away the NFC championship game?

Only to be out done by the fumble/bumble bros Favre/Fumble All Day Peterson.

The media will never stop the Bush propoganda. They cant stand being wrong.

Looking back on the 2006 draft give me Ngata any day. That's without trading down.

12. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

He is not even a freaking STARTER!!!!

13. gary

gary Hall of Fame

You'd think the Reggie vs Mario debate would have been over with now that there are four seasons of stats and facts showing Mario is better than Bush. Bush is no Ryan Leave by any means but he is not great either. Enough is enough already I am not being a homer because everything is there to back me up. I state the truth and do not just stick up for the player on my favorite team. Does Bush suck? I would not say that because he catches good in the wideout position and might be utilized in other ways on the football field and still be effective but not superstar UFC Reggie Bush IMO. If it takes another four years in order for fans to see Mario is quite a better player than Bush than so be it but I have seen enough and I rest my case. Mario is better and he always will be that is for certain.

14. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Hall of Fame

Hey.

Waittasecondthere.

:cowboy1:

15. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

media is just waiting for a "I told you so" with Bush.

I have no ill feelings for Bush, the media made him out to be the best thing since cold beer and quite frankly, I never saw how he could live up to that hype.

Drew Brees has always been the straw that stirred the Saints drink, without him, forget it

16. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

Reggie Bush has yet to rush for 1,000+ yards while his backup at USC LenWhale White has done so already.

Mario Williams has been to the Pro Bowl and was voted as an All-Star and has improved our defense. What has Bush done?
    :fans:

17. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

Led his team to the superbowl.

:choke:

I kid.

It amazes me how these journalists find a way to warp reality.

18. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

If it wasn't for Drew Brees and the Saints D they wouldn't be in the Super Bowl. Pierre Thomas has done more as a back then Bush.

19. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

gooooooooo colts!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

I sent the guy an e-mail. I don't do that very often at all, but this Reggie Bush stuff is getting even more ridiculous.