With the 8th pick in the 2007 Draft...

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Clash_Fan3605, Mar 12, 2007.

?

What should the Texans do?

1. Draft LaRon Landry

35 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. Draft Brady Quinn

15 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Draft Amobi Okoye

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  4. Trade Down

7 vote(s)
    10.8%
  5. Other

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Clash_Fan3605

Clash_Fan3605 Veteran

the Houston Texans select...
    Vote for your pick & explain why. Personally, I would vote for Landry.

2. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

should've put like 10 options...

but i'll go quinn there.

3. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

LaRon Landry...not only would he improve the secondary, but he would also help improve the entire defense as well.

4. real

real Guest

If Quinn and Landry are on the clock at the same time you can forget about Laron being a Texan.

That wouldn't make much sense to me anyway.

5. Exithios

Exithios Veteran

I beleive LaRon would not only solidify our needs in the secondary, but he would improve our pass rush as well. The better the coverage, the longer the QB has to wait for an open man. My :twocents:

6. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

To me it makes sense. I think we're drafting to win now, not for the future...and that's why I think the Texans will go with Landry or at least, some type of impact player. The Texans have many needs, and QB is one of them, however, it is not as high as a player which can come in and start immediately. Not sit under <insert Texans QB>, waiting to play in a year or two? However, I do think the Texans will address the QB need but only in the later rounds. Just my :twocents:

7. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

Quinn doesn't help us NOW. Landry or Okoye does. Our defense is on the brink of being very very good. I see no reason to draft Quinn and have to wait for 3-4 years for him to get it together b/c I doubt he'll come in and have instant success like last year's class had (moderately).

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

if those three guys are there, I think the Texans should take Quinn. Since chances are greater that Quinn won't be there, than the chances are that Okoye & Landry won't, it makes it easier to build a case, that Quinn is the BPA of that group.

I also believe people are blowing this FS thing out of proportion. With the talk before last season, that we needed help at the FS position, I paid particular attention to that position, and I've come away with a totally different conclucion.

I don't see FS as a need we need to fill desperately. I would give our safeties a better grade than I would give our corners, LBs & DTs.

That's not to say I wouldn't take Laron. I'm as excited about him being a Texan, as I am about Quinn. But if I have to chose between a franchise QB and a franchise safety, I'm going with the QB.

9. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

No explanation, it's just who i want them to pick if AD, JT are not there.

10. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

LANDRY because imo he's the best Defensive player in the draft and fills a huge need.

Quinn looks like he could be it by I think come draft day he will be gone before 8. only fans dislike him...the nfl scouts will love him.

Trade Down...this is what I would love to see...stay in the top half though and pick up most likely an extra 3rd rd....maybe 2nd rd pick.

11. Blu

Blu All Pro

We need a sniper on the field... Landy.
    Someone to hunt and take out the Enemy named <insert here>
    :victory:

12. Clash_Fan3605

Clash_Fan3605 Veteran

Vince Young? Reggie Bush? :yahoo:

13. freedoggy77

freedoggy77 Veteran

trade down to Buffalo or Green Bay and pick up Landry if available or Nelson/Houston at CB because Von Hawkins is moving to FS. Then in the second pick up Kalil and a WR

14. K.D.

K.D. Veteran

As of right now, i would go with Landry. He will be a HUGE upgrade at the FS spot. As for Quinn, i like the guy but him being our QB all fall in the what do we do with Carr category. If carr is gone by draft time and Quinn falls to #8, i wouldn't have no problem drafting him. My ideal situation is to keep Carr 1 more yr, battle Sgae in TC and i mean BATTLE, draft Landry, draft Kolb in 3rd & let him sit 1yr or 2, keep building the o-line up so when Kolb comes in as our QB, he isn't thrown to the wolves like Carr was.

15. freedoggy77

freedoggy77 Veteran

pretty much what everyone would do

16. real

real Guest

That, and the fact that if we are looking to improve our over the top pass coverage, Nelson is the better choice...

17. El Amigo Invisible

El Amigo Invisible All Pro

OUCH! I think you mean Vince Young. I would probably take Landry if I had to make a choice.I would most likely not be happy with the pick because I want Joe Thomas or CJ.

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

But you do know there is no way in hell that either would be there at 8 right?? So in that case, who would you want??

19. Clash_Fan3605

Clash_Fan3605 Veteran

Thats what I put...

20. TLove21

TLove21 Rookie

what makes you think landry and okoye will have a better impact instead of Quinn

usually rookies dont make much of an impact