With 'Brady Rule,' some QBs say NFL is too protective

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Wolf, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sns-ap-fbn-protecting-qbs,0,791558.story

2. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

It's funny how far the league will go to protect a QB's knees but they don't give a rat's ass if a defensive lineman gets his blown out.

3. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

AGREED!!!...with BOTH of you muff-huggas!

4. Blake

Blake MMQB

The league has gone too far with this garbage. The penalty on Suggs for touching Brady is just the tip of the iceberg. And the NFL could give 2 shits what we think about that. They just want keep their prized ponies on the field. But in the process they are making the NFL look soft.

I think the defenders are eventually not going to give a shit, and when they get close to the quarterback, they are just going to unload their best shot since its 15 yards either way.

5. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

No joke. If Matt Schaub were Tom Brady or Manning, that horse collar sack against the Jets would've been an 80 yard penalty.

6. Imatexanfan

Imatexanfan Hall of Fame

The QB's in the NFL could be really good actors...I mean with the slightest bump and they fly themselves 10 yards, it's hilarious everytime I see that. I understand protect the QB but damn this is a contact sport like my coach used to say..."you can't hang with the big dawgs stay your ass on the porch"...but not referin to me though....:spin:

7. False Start

False Start On # 69

I remember the days of watching football when the the play was over, it was over. Now days it seems, after every play you have at least one player on offense or defense waving his arms all around trying to get some kind of flag. Just play ball guys, and let the rags stay in the zebras pockets.

CloakNNNdagger likes this.
  8. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Those were the good ole days.:tiphat:

False Start likes this.

9. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

they need to just put flags on the QB's and get it over with....it's more honest than this newer approach to protecting the QB where they have a totally different standard than everyone else. I totally understand where they are coming from but they have gotten to the point where they are way too ticky-tacky

10. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

There also appears to be a further apparent bias involving specific QBs..........i.e., Peyton, Brady.