Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Williams: Kill the head and the body will die

Rey

What Gregg Williams said made Wade Phillips "sick".

I assumed that Williams picked up on the "bounty" stuff as an assistant under Buddy Ryan here in Houston. But Wade was Ryan's DC for 3 years in Philly, and was shocked to hear what Williams said. I'm thinking now that Williams is a self-made screwball.
Or Wade is just trying to say the right thing.

eriadoc

Texan-American
Or Wade is just trying to say the right thing.
I kind of get the feeling that if that were the case, he wouldn't go so far as the "made me sick" line. He'd just casually condemn it, talk about what a brutal game it is, and say it was over the line. Instead, he actually went out of his way to express disgust at the notion. Could be theater, but I seriously doubt it.

Rey

I kind of get the feeling that if that were the case, he wouldn't go so far as the "made me sick" line. He'd just casually condemn it, talk about what a brutal game it is, and say it was over the line. Instead, he actually went out of his way to express disgust at the notion. Could be theater, but I seriously doubt it.
I'm not making a claim either way.

That said, people aren't above getting overly animated or explicit when they are not being completely honest.

A simple "I didn't agree with it" doesn't make him any less credible.