Williams compendium finished.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans_Chick, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Slow news day, and in case you didn't see:

Mario Williams compendium, part II

I got an editor from the wolfpacker.com MB, Matt Carter, to give us a detailed discussion of Mario's career:

So there you go.

powerfuldragon likes this.
  2. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Sweet information! Thanks! :thumbup

3. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

Nice work!

4. Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry Veteran

T.C. read it on the Chron. page thanks for the insight. Your the best. Cant stand this time of year in Va. all I get to here about is how much money Dan (the little napoleon of the NFL)Schinder can through at his team. And i've come to relize that I can't count on the Chron. reporters. the only reason i go to it is to read your blog. I think you said something about a peice on DeMeco Ryans.At least I think it was you. Any info you could could provide is GREATLY appreciated.

5. TexansMVP

TexansMVP Probowler

Nice article Texans_Chick. I really enjoy your blog. Keep up the good work.

6. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

As always TC, good stuff. Thanks for your hard work, it is appreciated by me and many others.

7. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

Somehow, I get the feeling that "Manning Bobblehead Dolls" will fly off the shelf in Texans Country after a hit like that.:highfive:

And being a fellow teammate, I'm sure he did it with the utmost respect. Now the other teams...:crutch:

Excellent post T Chick, thanks for the great read!

8. Texans_Chick

Saw something kinda interesting today.

Didn't figure to see any Texans news in the Chronic today--offseason and all--and then I saw this small fierce looking picture of Mario Williams in the bottom righthand corner of the front of the sports page.

It was a promo for the Texans fanblog. :)

This is what it says:

"TEXANS: Don't be quick to believe claims Mario Williams is prone to "taking plays off." "

I guess someone is paying attention. :texflag:

9. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

The total lack of anything coming out of the Chronicle from Justice or McClain really is an eye brow raiser. It certainly smells like something is going on that we don't know about and I have been saying that for sometime. When you tell the likes of McNair, Kubiak, and Casserly they are STUPID for what they did, I would suspect you are not on their most appreciated list. All the reports have by in large been from Megan and for them to then point to your article rather than something they generated is really interesting. Perhapes the offer is in the mail to you. Good luck on your new job.

10. Texans_Chick

Nah, Ibar, is your real name Oliver Stone? ;)

It's just the offseason. There is no camp going on right now. And it is the NBA playoffs, and baseball season, and they are doing all that World Cup coverage. So:

McClain--finishing vacation
    Justice--baseball, dabbling in NBA
    Lopez--world cup
    Manfull--Texans stuff every day to every other dayish.

So much news, limited resources. It will pick up near the end of summer.

11. cj5776

cj5776 Veteran

So your not just a bad *ss reporter, your the defense atorney for the chron also.

I don't want to spoil the love fest everyone has for Mario, but how do you respond to the taking plays off comments. As well as the lack of leadership stuff, not to mention the no fire stories also. It really seems like the game that he was benched for and had to come off the bench, really did a lot for him. I just think he might have been young and felt overwhelmed by the expectations. What does everyone else think?

12. Texans_Chick

No defense attorney for the Chron, just guessing based on my reading of the paper as of late and knowing what season it is. I think what I said on this is pretty fair, I think. Still think they could do more coverage, but I don't think the Texans have a conspiracy against the Chronicle writers or something nefarious.

I think the explanation of the plays off thing is best responded to by what the blog entries says. I'm not sure you can say anything more than saying 1. what he said about it, 2. what his teammate said about it and 3. people who have actually seen him play said about it.

Nobody knows how he is going to play in the NFL until he does it, but geez, I am not sure what more you would want anyone to say on the subject other than what I already dished in two terribly long blog posts with included hyperlinks. We just have to wait until football season.

Revolution likes this.
  13. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

Yeah, I'm with you, let's see the kid play first. personally I'm gonna enjoy every down I see No. 90 line up. :)

14. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

It's quite the opposite, believe me.

It's been said a billion times here. The Chronicle guys have no local competition so there's no reason for them to bust their asses ever, especially during off-season.

Justice made Casserly angry a couple months ago, big whoop. In major media markets that happens daily.

15. wicked_wayz

wicked_wayz all blacks

totally with you on this one texan chick